[NEO] [TUT] Android 2.3.4 - MT15i 4.0.1.A.0.283 Global with Root Guide
This is a guide to install the latest version of Android 2.3.4 - MT15i 4.0.1.A.0.283 Global on your NEO and install root access.
Please note it does not install DooMLoRD's kernel, but uses it to root your phone. This is a workaround until the source of 2.3.4 is released and a new kernel based on 2.3.4 can be released. You will also need to have an unlocked bootloader.
1. Backup your data. (Just in case!)
2. Download the FTF file from here:
(Thanks to sdk16420 for uploading the update files and thomasafca for making the FTF and uploading!)
3. Flash the FTF file with Flashtool. Unselect 'wipe user data' to preserve data and settings. (You can get flashtool from here (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1000012
4. Restart your phone and turn off. The first time loading will take a bit of time.
5. Download the boot.img from this thread:
[KERNEL][NEO] DooMKernel [Rel: v08][Dt: 01/Sept/2011][FW:4.0.A.2.368]
Thanks to DooMLoRD.
7. Save the boot.img in the folder with fastboot binaries (fastboot.exe file and other files)
8. Turn off the phone and start it in fastboot mode.
9. Use this command:
fastboot boot boot.img
10. This will not install the kernal, but boot the system with this kernal and allow it to autoroot and install SuperUser.
Once this is done, turn your phone off and restart.
You phone will then reset and have root access and 2.3.4!