Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,311 Members 48,210 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Undo alpharevx root

Tip us?
 
erjennin
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: May 2010
Default [Q] Undo alpharevx root

A month or so ago I used the alpharevx method to root. Today the 2.3.4 update was released. Since the alpharevx method changes the bootloader, my phone won't accept the verizon update.

How do i get back to completely stock to allow this update to push through? I saw JCase's method but it seems risky and complicated. Is there an easier way?
 
tpbklake
Old
#2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1703
Posts: 3,827
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by erjennin View Post
A month or so ago I used the alpharevx method to root. Today the 2.3.4 update was released. Since the alpharevx method changes the bootloader, my phone won't accept the verizon update.

How do i get back to completely stock to allow this update to push through? I saw JCase's method but it seems risky and complicated. Is there an easier way?
Since you are rooted, why would you want to take the OTA and lose root?
 
erjennin
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: May 2010
I'm having issues with my phone and want to return it to Verizon.
 
cory.spicer
Old
#4  
Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 93
Join Date: Sep 2011
What exactly is wrong with JCase's method? Seems like your only option to me. Here's a video walkthrough, it really doesn't seem too scary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnlnW...e_gdata_player

Sent from my Incredible 2 using XDA App
 
mbh87
Old
#5  
mbh87's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1538
Posts: 6,475
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Idaho

 
DONATE TO ME
jcases method is the only and safest way.
 
whoxp
Old
#6  
Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 60
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbh87 View Post
jcases method is the only and safest way.
And its not that hard. Just make sure you follow the steps exactly

Sent from my Incredible 2 using xda premium
 
big_mike_2k6
Old
#7  
big_mike_2k6's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 37
Posts: 293
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Las Vegas
It really is a breeze to unroot as long as you follow the instructions. I just got through doing it just to do it in case I ever need to and it went off without a hitch.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk
 
erjennin
Old
#8  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: May 2010
Thanks guys. I'll use the youtube video to get through JCase's method.
 
big_mike_2k6
Old
#9  
big_mike_2k6's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 37
Posts: 293
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Las Vegas
Quote:
Originally Posted by erjennin View Post
Thanks guys. I'll use the youtube video to get through JCase's method.
The video is great. That's what I used.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk
 
tylerlawhon
Old
#10  
tylerlawhon's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1007
Posts: 4,479
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Tallahassee, FL

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cory.spicer View Post
What exactly is wrong with JCase's method? Seems like your only option to me. Here's a video walkthrough, it really doesn't seem too scary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnlnW...e_gdata_player

Sent from my Incredible 2 using XDA App
It's funny that you post this vid, cuz I actually followed his rooting vid to root my DInc2.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


[APK] Google News and Weather Gets Material Design Makeover, Minor Maps Updates

Although Google has somewhat gotten out of the habit of their … more

Software Build Automation with Jenkins – XDA Developer TV

Many members of the XDA community come to learn and begin in the exciting … more

Add Bits and Pieces of Honami to Your Current ROM

In the last few months, we’ve talked about quite a few Sony Honami-related projects. … more

Always Enter the Correct Password with HideNoPasswords

If you’ve ever entered apassword on your mobile device, you’ve surely … more