5,599,190 Members 35,503 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] Return to stock - (LGP925-V10e) - Updated

Tip us?

Hacksaw7
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks a lot I like this phone but I am not sure if I got lemon or what , Playing pandora radio it squeals all the time no matter what rom I use, the music on music player skips all the time too. I sometimes have to push icons 3 or 4 times to get them to register my touch. and the home row icons I cannot even use them half the time because they don't even do anything when I touch them. I think there might be a problem with the screen. But that is not all that is wrong. I have the phone freeze for 5 to 10 seconds at a time a whole lot and have to reboot. Just to many problems for me, so I really need to go back to stock to get a new phone. I will prob just get a galaxy SII instead. I sure did like recording in 3d my 6 year old playing sports and such was cool , then watching it on our 73 inch 3d tv she loved it.

ueshada
Old
Thanks Meter 30
I'm confused now. what is best thing to do flash back stock rom or keep the custom rom.

Gr8Danes
Old
Thanks Meter 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by ueshada View Post
I'm confused now. what is best thing to do flash back stock rom or keep the custom rom.
Unless you have a reason to such as wanting to return the phone or when there is an update coming, I would keep the custom ROM.

Samsung Galaxy Note II

ASUS Transformer

Blackberry 8900>Samsung Captivate>Motorola Atrix>LG Thrill>SGS2 Skyrocket>SGS3>Note 2>LG G2>Note 3>Nexus 5

ueshada
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Unless you have a reason to such as wanting to return the phone or when there is an update coming, I would keep the custom ROM.
I have stupid question can't I get the update just flashing the stock rom. Do I need to unroot and remove cwm

gtg465x
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 2764
Quote:
Originally Posted by ueshada View Post
I have stupid question can't I get the update just flashing the stock rom. Do I need to unroot and remove cwm
Yeah, I would think you definitely need to flash stock recovery before updating. You might as well unroot while you're at it because that screws up updates on some phones too.
Current Phones:
Moto X GSM Unlocked

Previous Phones:
HTC One Unlocked, Nexus 4, iPhone 5, Galaxy Nexus, iPhone 4S, HTC One X, Nokia Lumia 800, HTC Titan, Samsung Galaxy S II, Samsung Infuse, LG Thrill, HTC Inspire, Samsung Captivate, HTC Aria, Samsung BlackJack II

ueshada
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Ok Back to stock everything work perfect ............ waiting for updates

Gr8Danes
Old
Thanks Meter 101
Unless you have heard of the update coming within the next day or two, I am going to keep Thriller on mine until I hear otherwise. No reason to flash back until the update is released.

Samsung Galaxy Note II

ASUS Transformer

Blackberry 8900>Samsung Captivate>Motorola Atrix>LG Thrill>SGS2 Skyrocket>SGS3>Note 2>LG G2>Note 3>Nexus 5

00mred00
Old
Thanks Meter 404

DONATE TO ME
thank you for this! worked wonderfully

cheeseitlvr
Old
(Last edited by cheeseitlvr; 5th October 2011 at 01:04 AM.) Reason: OP not needed now
Thanks Meter 1
Default Trouble pushing recovery.backup

Thanks for the information!

dangerdan
Old
(Last edited by dangerdan; 11th October 2011 at 03:48 AM.)
Thanks Meter 3
For some reason when I try the thing after the su command it gives me that I cannot open the file for write. I have debugging mode turned on.

Can someone help?

EDIT: Nevermind, needed to update to the latest superuser