How to get onto Boost Mobile
Okay, so I just spent an entire Saturday, Sunday evening, and Tuesday evening, about 15 hours of work total, to flash my phone, got everything working. IMO it was way too hard for how simple the task was because of a lack of clarity and information.
MY ADVICE: find two or three different guides, and use my advice below as a loose guide as well, the more info the better. the LEGAL FLASH GUIDE posted for noobs on this site is great, cause it goes step by step, but it does leave out some rather vital parts, so you have to have a good understanding of computers and have sound logical reasoning to get this done.
1) Buy an incognito and download Windows XP and a Virtual OS Software, don't waste your time installing XP and ruining your machine, run it virtually for the incognito modem driver.
2) USE DFS CDMA TOOL, CDMAWS IS USELESS, AND QXDM is only good for ESN AND MEID STUFF... type in the correct SPC which you can get from boost mobile by calling them and asking them for it.
3) SCREENSHOT ALL INFO UNDER PROGRAMMING TAB, including General, NAM, Data, Mobile IP, and then save your 4 NV files needed, 455 etc under NV tab.
4) Put Evo in diag mode on windows 7 side, and use QXDM to SCAN for your ESN LOCATIONS, don't play a guessing game, SCAN. 0 them out.
5) FOR MEID, I suggest googling your radio version and OS version to find a list of matching MEIDs, this will elimanate most for you, then once you've done this, do a scan for the remaining ones. Use HxD HEx editor to scan, THIS IS THE BEST PROGRAM, do not waste time with others. Use windows calculator to calculate locations of remaining hits.
6) once you've zero'd it out, restart the phone, it will rewrite the MEID, 0 out the locations again, then use QXDM to write the new meid, don't worry, it will figure out the ESN.
7) Now, go back to DFS TOOL, COPY ALL INFO from programming tab from old ****ty phone to new pretty evo.
8) You will likely get a "error 16" message once you switch over, just talk to the sprint lady and act confused and they'll fix your phone.
9) if you get error 67 you didn't copy the info in DFS to new phone correctly, you might have two different AAA keys and make sure you have the right amount of profiles and everything mathces mind your p's and q's.
will other phones work? Yes, DFS CDMA Tool iS AMAZING for reading encrypted information and is connected to their servers for many things, like updating PRL etc. some phones however do not use AAA shared keys, like blackberries.
will this work on verizon and virgin and alltell? yes, CDMA's all the same guys. just make sure your donor phone can be read correctly in DFS cdma tool and i don't see why you couldn't get this to work.