5,605,904 Members 47,393 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: What more do you want?
Support for Native Video Calling over WiFi & 3G? 76 22.55%
GTalk with Voice & Video? 67 19.88%
Custom ROM with Faster & Smoother Kernel? 266 78.93%
Custom ROM with better Themes? 92 27.30%
Ice Cream Sandwich Update? 185 54.90%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 337. You may not vote on this poll

Motorola Fire XT / XT-530 / XT-531 ROOTING / SBFs / Custom ROMs / CWM

Tip us?
 
jeet.9890427233
Old
(Last edited by jeet.9890427233; 9th March 2014 at 08:31 AM.)
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 126
Posts: 589
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Siliguri
Lightbulb Motorola Fire XT / XT-530 / XT-531 ROOTING / SBFs / Custom ROMs / CWM

Disclaimer:
I am not responsible for anything that happens to your phone, your computer or anything else while following these instructions. Proceed at your own risk.


NEW ONE CLICK ROOT

Special Thanks to rootdefyxt320

BAT version
EXE version

SUTLR method

Downloads:
Here are the apps/files needed for Rooting -
1. SuperOneClick 2.3.3.0
2. SUT LR 1.8.2 (Doesn't seem to be working on 64-bit systems)
3. FXX_PR3_NV.xml and NvDefinition.xml [ATTACHED]

Before Rooting:
Prepare your phone by doing the following:
- Go to Settings > Applications > CHECK "Unknown Sources"
- Go to Settings > Applications > Developer > CHECK "USB Debugging" and "Stay Awake"
- Connect your phone via USB, when prompted DO NOT select USB Mass Storage.
- Extract FXX_PR3_NV.xml and NvDefinition.xml from the attached zip file in to a folder

- Now, install SUT LR, run the app
- Select the FXX_PR3_NV.xml [ensure NvDefinition.xml is also in the same folder as FXX_PR3_NV.xml]
- Your phone will restart.

It does NOT erase anything on the phone, since it only patches the ROM.

Rooting:
After the phone restarts, open SuperOneClick and select root. It will take less than a minute to finish.

Credits & Special Thanks to 7amdoun for the New Instructions.


For Folks for whom the above instructions DO NOT work; please follow instructions at THIS LINK

UPDATE your Phone to the latest FIRMWARE HERE

* YOU CAN UPDATE UNROOTED PHONES ONLY!


Could someone take the initiative to MOD this phone? Create some custom ROMs and Themes? I believe Motorola is not providing an ICS update for this phone but some skilled developers can surely help us get the ICS feel on it. I would appreciate if someone could take their time out and get to work on this. I would extend any help I can give.



Increasing Internal Phone Memory


Credits to Pianorcar for this.

You need –


Steps –
  1. Download and Install Link2SD on your phone
  2. Backup the existing data on the SD Card
  3. Install MiniTool Partition and open it
  4. Delete the existing Partition on the SD Card
  5. Right Click on the “Unallocated” SD Card once again and select “Create”
  6. Create a “Primary Partition”, File System as ”Fat32” and specify the “Partition Size”
  7. Click OK
  8. Right Click on the remaining “Unallocated” space
  9. Create a “Primary Partition”, File System as “Ext2”
  10. Click OK
  11. Start Link2SD and select Ext2
  12. Restart your phone
  13. Start Link2Sd again
  14. The SD Card should now be mounted and you can click “Create Link” on the apps you want to send to the SD Card
  15. The App now will be completely moved to the SD Card

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	4226
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	959488 Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	3744
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	959489


Which apps to safe to move to SD? Look HERE
Thanks to Kammii


Increase SD Card Speed up to 200%


Required -

  1. Run SD Tools and test the speed of your SD Card
  2. Open SD Speed Increase and move the slider to 1024
  3. Save the Setting
  4. Now Run SD Tools again and test if the speed has increased
  5. Try different settings with SD Speed Increase and save the best setting to start at boot.
* 2048 worked best for me.




SBFs for Motorola Fire XT 530/531

NOT Custom ROMs


You would need RSD Lite 5.6 to flash the SBFs.

*NOTE: Chinese ROM does NOT have Google apps, Market. European ROM has everything

European 2.3.5: DMP-4480-0-4017-A01_RFM


Latin American SBFs:
Claro
Entel

Chinese 2.3.5: DMP-4480-0-7009-A02_RFM

Another ROM - DMP-454A-0-2010-A03_RFM(RETAIL) - Suggested by cmndst. Claims are that the ROM is excellent. I have not tried it personally so I leave it up to you folks to try and comment about it.

Credits & Special Thanks to 7amdoun for the SBFs.




CUSTOM ROM HERE












Here is how you can flash CWM
Attached Files
File Type: zip FXX_PR3_NV.zip - [Click for QR Code] (65.0 KB, 6655 views)
File Type: rar RSDLite5.6.rar - [Click for QR Code] (4.40 MB, 4352 views)
Use the button if i helped u.
The Following 61 Users Say Thank You to jeet.9890427233 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
achopraa
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 19
Join Date: Jan 2011
Hi,

I tried rooting the phone via various methods like Pete's but no success

AC
 
priyank_bolia
Old
#3  
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 52
Join Date: Oct 2010
I am also looking on how to root this device Motorola Fire XT. Please help.
 
jeet.9890427233
Old
#4  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 126
Posts: 589
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Siliguri
Quote:
Originally Posted by achopraa View Post
Hi,

I tried rooting the phone via various methods like Pete's but no success

AC
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeet.9890427233 View Post
I am looking for Themes for Motorola Fire XT / XT-530. I also want to know how to root the phone and install Google Talk with Voice & Video in it. I can not find any threads regarding it. Can anyone help?
Quote:
Originally Posted by priyank_bolia View Post
I am also looking on how to root this device Motorola Fire XT. Please help.
This is a major issue. No one seems to know much about this phone and there are no posts about it as well.

Folks who has this phone, I am curious is Google Talk Audio & Video Chat works on it or is it possible to install it. Please let me know. Also, does the Video Call work properly? & Does it come with a microSD Card?
Use the button if i helped u.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeet.9890427233 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
priyank_bolia
Old
#5  
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 52
Join Date: Oct 2010
It comes with Google Talk, but I don't think its for audio/video. For audio/video it comes with Qik Video Software. Also it comes with 2 GB of Micro SD card. But its internal storage is very less, just mere 150 MB, I just installed few software, and its full. Even moving Apps2SD card won't help, as the software setup are backed on internal storage.
 
jeet.9890427233
Old
#6  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 126
Posts: 589
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Siliguri
Quote:
Originally Posted by priyank_bolia View Post
It comes with Google Talk, but I don't think its for audio/video. For audio/video it comes with Qik Video Software. Also it comes with 2 GB of Micro SD card. But its internal storage is very less, just mere 150 MB, I just installed few software, and its full. Even moving Apps2SD card won't help, as the software setup are backed on internal storage.
Well, I think for the features this phone is offering there would be limitations somewhere. I am going to buy this phone for my mom so that we can Video Chat. I could not find any other Android based phone at this range that offers these features. So I think we might aswell just compensate for the storage. However, I was really looking forward to having the Voice & Video chat on GTalk itself...

How is the phone otherwise? How much did you get it for? Is the battery life as good as it is promised? & let me dig around and find a way to root it... I do not like the default junk that comes along with it. Unfortunately, the devs are more busy with highend phones :D
Use the button if i helped u.
 
priyank_bolia
Old
#7  
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 52
Join Date: Oct 2010
A fully charged battery went completely discharged overnight. I don't know what happened. Only Wifi was on, but there was no Wifi available.
Also the charger is complete junk, charging by plugging it in a computer charges much faster.
 
jeet.9890427233
Old
#8  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 126
Posts: 589
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Siliguri
Quote:
Originally Posted by priyank_bolia View Post
A fully charged battery went completely discharged overnight. I don't know what happened. Only Wifi was on, but there was no Wifi available.
Also the charger is complete junk, charging by plugging it in a computer charges much faster.
Oooo.. that's bad.. Check what has been using the battery... Or change the WiFi sleep property.. That should help.
Use the button if i helped u.
 
DM613
Old
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: May 2011
I am aswell searching on how to basis this accessory Motorola blaze XT. amuse advice.
 
achopraa
Old
#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 19
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeet.9890427233 View Post
This is a major issue. No one seems to know much about this phone and there are no posts about it as well.

Folks who has this phone, I am curious is Google Talk Audio & Video Chat works on it or is it possible to install it. Please let me know. Also, does the Video Call work properly? & Does it come with a microSD Card?
I am not sure how (and if) Google Talk Audio & Video Chat can be used on this device. Haven't been able to find an option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by priyank_bolia View Post
It comes with Google Talk, but I don't think its for audio/video. For audio/video it comes with Qik Video Software. Also it comes with 2 GB of Micro SD card. But its internal storage is very less, just mere 150 MB, I just installed few software, and its full. Even moving Apps2SD card won't help, as the software setup are backed on internal storage.
Yes, the internal memory is way too less. I am trying on ways to use SD Cards for storing apps by making it an EXT4 and other modification but no luck so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeet.9890427233 View Post
Well, I think for the features this phone is offering there would be limitations somewhere. I am going to buy this phone for my mom so that we can Video Chat. I could not find any other Android based phone at this range that offers these features. So I think we might aswell just compensate for the storage. However, I was really looking forward to having the Voice & Video chat on GTalk itself...

How is the phone otherwise? How much did you get it for? Is the battery life as good as it is promised? & let me dig around and find a way to root it... I do not like the default junk that comes along with it. Unfortunately, the devs are more busy with highend phones :D
Poistive - Looks
Negative - Low memory. Slow UI. I upgraded from Galaxy 5 but seems like should have gone to a much higher end phone.

Anyways if I can get that extra memory, I may be content.

Quote:
Originally Posted by priyank_bolia View Post
A fully charged battery went completely discharged overnight. I don't know what happened. Only Wifi was on, but there was no Wifi available.
Also the charger is complete junk, charging by plugging it in a computer charges much faster.
Yups, if Wifi would be ON and there would be no Wifi available, it will consume more battery as it will keep on searching for networks to connect.

Tags
fire, fire xt, motorola, spice xt, xt-530, xt530, xt531
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes