Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,101 Members 43,017 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: What more do you want?
Support for Native Video Calling over WiFi & 3G? 76 22.03%
GTalk with Voice & Video? 67 19.42%
Custom ROM with Faster & Smoother Kernel? 273 79.13%
Custom ROM with better Themes? 92 26.67%
Ice Cream Sandwich Update? 187 54.20%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 345. You may not vote on this poll

Motorola Fire XT / XT-530 / XT-531 ROOTING / SBFs / Custom ROMs / CWM

Tip us?

prash4u007
Old
(Last edited by prash4u007; 24th April 2012 at 05:24 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Default even tried sutlr 1.8.2 but not worked

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7amdoun View Post
Please use SUT LR 1.82

Make sure debugging mode is enabled, proper drivers are installed.
even tried sutlr 1.8.2 but not worked
Dude can you give the proper link to perform it.many of the links have been removed.

it shows "updating the phone software"
meanwhile it shows "waiting for DL ready" "waiting for DIAG ready" then it shows error after 96 sec
error code:0x4000
error:download_failed
error:device_not_configured
please looking these into cosiderations please provide the solution.

Thanks.

7amdoun
Old
Thanks Meter 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roqu3 View Post
In my lg p500 cm7 uses their own 2.6.35 kernel which is different from the .35 kernel that comes by default from lg, their are similar but cm kernel has their own customizations but both use the same device drivers. But if you use lg .35 kernel you get some heavy bugs
I use cm7 on my p500 and I use a modded (by me) lg kernel so i think i know something about that.
I already downloaded xt531 kernel sources but doesn't compile, i think Motorola didnt release full source or maybe is different to build a Motorola kernel than a lg kernel, also i didn't found xt532 kernel sources
Sorry if I offended you. I know you are much more experienced than me in this whole thing.

I was merely implying that it would be easier to use the kernel we already have, rather than compile the kernel from scratch, add CM7 modifications.

Roqu3
Old
Thanks Meter 185
No problem dude I didn't feel offended, just telling that the stock kernel is modded for the stock ROM, to build cm7 and get official support it's kinda necessary to mod the kernel

yyicuy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
thanks for this method. it's worked for me.
after rooted I put app to sd for increase my internal ram
and put root explorer and can use this link
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1463854
to use flash player 11 to watch tv online
after rooted I feel my phone stand by longer than ever
this post is very helpful. thanks again.

Kammii
Old
(Last edited by Kammii; 26th April 2012 at 11:27 AM.) Reason: Can now post links, so fixed that.
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelguitt View Post
I have uninstalled the camera app, and I can't take photos anymore.
Is there a way to fix it? Can anybody upload his own camera.apk ? Is it possible?

Edit : Fixed. I've downloaded a new camera app on the market. I did'nt knew that it was possible.
Glad to know you've fixed the problem. If you would like the stock camera app, I've upload the APK here: http://www.mediafire.com/?g959uvi2vp83x5v
The Following User Says Thank You to Kammii For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

7amdoun
Old
(Last edited by 7amdoun; 27th April 2012 at 07:03 PM.)
Thanks Meter 206
Thumbs down I just can't believe this!!!

I just found out that the GPU on our phone is disabled by default

Force enabling it gave me "unbelievably" smooth graphics. Text no longer fades and blurs while scrolling. Also, the occasional lag I get while playing some games seems to have gone.

However, the graphics drivers are very old and buggy which causes major graphics artefacts. Thats probably the reason Motorola has disabled the GPU.

Motorola, in their ultimate wisdom, decided to disable the GPU altogether instead of updating the kernel, and adreno200 libs

To try this, change the following in build.prop:

Quote:
debug.composition.type=mdp
to
debug.composition.type=gpu
NB: screen will keep turning white while navigating thru system menus. Taping the screen will bring it back to life.

And before someone asks, no we can't update the libs either as they require the Gingerbread kernel (.35) while we have the Froyo kernel (.32)
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to 7amdoun For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sid5291
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
I just found out that the GPU on our phone is disabled by default

Force enabling it gave me "unbelievably" smooth graphics. Text no longer fades and blurs while scrolling. Also, the occasional lag I get while playing some games seems to have gone.

However, the graphics drivers are very old and buggy which causes major graphics artefacts. Thats probably the reason Motorola has disabled the GPU.

Motorola, in their ultimate wisdom, decided to disable the GPU altogether instead of updating the kernel, and adreno200 libs

To try this, change the following in build.prop:

NB: screen will keep turning white while navigating thru system menus. Taping the screen will bring it back to life.

And before someone asks, no we can't update the libs either as they require the Gingerbread kernel (.35) while we have the Froyo kernel (.32)
Wow this is a big mistake from motorola side....

Thanks for the tip! I tried it out but didn't see any significant improvement... Any test to make sure that the changes have taken place?

Sent from my XT530 using Tapatalk

7amdoun
Old
Thanks Meter 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid5291 View Post
Wow this is a big mistake from motorola side....

Thanks for the tip! I tried it out but didn't see any significant improvement... Any test to make sure that the changes have taken place?

When you turn off screen using power button, does it make an animation?
Make sure you saved the changes to build.prop, and reboot.

sid5291
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
When you turn off screen using power button, does it make an animation?
Make sure you saved the changes to build.prop, and reboot.
A reboot did the trick! Its amazing everything looks soo clean ... and smooth transitions ... Gmail turns white and your notification pull down is white .. but other than a few glitches this is totally worth trying out .. also now Chainfire 3D actually works!! Thanks alot 7amdoun this was a neat tip ...!!! Jeet maybe you should add this to the opening post ..!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sid5291 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

7amdoun
Old
(Last edited by 7amdoun; 27th April 2012 at 08:38 PM.)
Thanks Meter 206
The best thing about this is that it offloads graphics processing from the CPU freeing it to do more important things. Result: OS is faster overall

The Following User Says Thank You to 7amdoun For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
fire, fire xt, motorola, spice xt, xt-530, xt530, xt531