MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

WTF Can't raise screen brightness

22nd September 2011, 10:26 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Bowie,MD
Thanks Meter: 6

218 posts
More
Has anyone seen this? On my screen brightness says i cannot go above 75% to avoid overheating I'm livid it just randomly said this! I want my full brightness

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA App
23rd September 2011, 12:53 AM   |  #2  
Flag Westbury, NY
Thanks Meter: 87

1,152 posts
More
Yup I just wrote about this in a separate thread...you have to wait until the phone cools down before you can raise it back up to 100%!!!...Has you phone ever overheated to the point that you can almost burn yourself? I've hit temp as high as 121!!!
23rd September 2011, 12:54 AM   |  #3  
Flag Washington
Thanks Meter: 203

1,606 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JungleJiujitsu

Yup I just wrote about this in a separate thread...you have to wait until the phone cools down before you can raise it back up to 100%!!!...Has you phone ever overheated to the point that you can almost burn yourself? I've hit temp as high as 121!!!

How are you checking your temp? Mine gets pretty hot too, wondering if I got a lemon....
23rd September 2011, 12:57 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 71

606 posts
Quote:

Can I ask what you are doing if anything to cause the temp to get so high? I have to admit I haven't been doing much calling or texting lately but do stream internet radio in the car and its alittle warm but nothing like this.
23rd September 2011, 12:59 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 251

1,687 posts
on the droid charge I believe if it gets too hot you can't charge it either, so I'd expect this to be the same.
23rd September 2011, 01:16 AM   |  #6  
Flag Westbury, NY
Thanks Meter: 87

1,152 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beejis

How are you checking your temp? Mine gets pretty hot too, wondering if I got a lemon....

As far as I know you have to be rooted but I have both SetCPU and CPUMaster, which is free on the Market

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by alnova1

Can I ask what you are doing if anything to cause the temp to get so high? I have to admit I haven't been doing much calling or texting lately but do stream internet radio in the car and its alittle warm but nothing like this.

2x it was only charging, but both times i left the display on, but still that should matter, I should be able to leave it on all day and not EVER get past 105 at most!!! and the 3rd time I think I was playing NOVA 2, and when I got out of it, went back to my homescreen, left the phone and after about 2/3minutes it was blazing hot!
23rd September 2011, 01:21 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 544

6,709 posts
More
system panel displays temp too, probably battery monitor widget as well
Quote:

As far as I know you have to be rooted but I have both SetCPU and CPUMaster, which is free on the Market[COLOR="Silver"]

23rd September 2011, 01:22 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 71

606 posts
I noticed mine was a bit warm taking it our of the car dock but I had it on charge and streaming radio...hmmmm
23rd September 2011, 01:29 AM   |  #9  
Flag Washington
Thanks Meter: 203

1,606 posts
More
I've gottin reboots from playing Pocket Legends when it got hot. Hopefully they're not all like this.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA App
23rd September 2011, 01:53 AM   |  #10  
Flag Tulsa, OK
Thanks Meter: 800

1,732 posts
Donate to Me
More
battery circle also does temp

Sent from my E.T. using XDA premium app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread