[TESTING] XDAndroid GBX0C 2.3.7 Build

Search This thread

yaghootco

Apr 5, 2009
evrything is good, but Audio stutters every 10sec , you did say su kill -9 28 first post, how i do it? thanks

May 31, 2009
Guys, first of all I want to thank you for your overwhelming nice work - you make my HTC Touch Pro useable. :good:

But I've got a major issue: I'm not able to provide a mobile WLAN-hotspot by my phone - neither by the native function (after tapping onto this butten I recieve a error notification and the button wents grey and no longer usable), nor by using Wireless Tether for Root Users (it says:
Code:
Uable to start tethering. Please try again!
), or Barnacle Wifi Tethering (
Code:
Starting...
Data network is ready
.ini file prepared
WIFI: Failed to load driver: Unknown error: 0
WIFI: Could not set address of wlan0: No such device
WIFI: Could not get address of wlan0: No such device
WIFI: Could not get flags of wlan0: No such device
NAT: waiting for local interface
Stopped unexpectedly!

After trying to establish a wifi tether hotspot my wifi-connection itself fails and I'm no longer able to join a network (can't tap the W-Lan-button anymore).

I'm Using the 2.6.27.46-01365-gc8b9a4c-Kernel (GBX0C ROM, Startup: RAPH100) and modules-2.6.27.46-01365-gc8b9a4c.tar.

Parts of my daily work depends on the Wifi tethering function, and I don't want to use another Smartphone than the HTC Touch Po (1).

Can you - please - provide me a solution, which is made for noobs like me?

Regards, your petit prince

gogs1976

Aug 14, 2008
great job

I found this is the fastest build for my htc touch, thanks. I have one problem, htc is rebooting 2-3 minutes after start. Next time reboting before start android. Than i need to overvrite files on sd card to start android, but again after few minutes, reboot. If any has some idea please help.

Ok, when i turn on wirelles than he reboot and create some file cmdline in cache folder. Only start again if i dellete that file?

Last edited:

Angat

Sep 7, 2012
I hope someone sees this. I decided to give alittle life back to my Blackstone. So when I run HaReT, it loads up and then my phone reboots. Why?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey folks,

This is a completely new build, with all the new changes baked in. We wanted to do a semi-official test release to collect bugs and hopefully do a formal official release with everything settled. The main pain point is the CSV files (see pre-install prep).

So a brief overview:

• New acoustic routing code baked in. Should fix most if not all audio routing problems, and will provide more debugging if stuff does go wrong. Also allows for more granular tweaking, see the CSV files.
    • GPS fixes for GB - GPS not only works in GB now, but it doesn't kill sleep! I was able to use GPS, get a solid lock, and put the device to sleep no problem.
    • BT should work & well with the new acoustic code. Post results.
    • RHOD users now have a choice of kernels. .35+ all have the new acoustic - so .35, .39, 3.0 and 3.1 are all fair game now... This is bundled with .27!!
    • Keep in mind, autobuild .27 kernels will produce no audio in this build... Obviously the bundled kernel will work, and the absolute newest .27 autobuild kernel does work now - Feb.27 2012 or newer.
    • rootfs tweaks - first, it will detect which kernel you're on (.27 or .35+) and automatically apply the correct firmware. Second, is it will always copy/extract the modules... failures there were getting annoying, and this is surefire if brute-force...
    • Few Easter egg apk's...
    • Probably a lot I'm forgetting, this might change ;)

Pre-Install Prep REQUIRED!!!

This step is crucial, and I forgot all about it! You must copy all of the *.CSV file from your WinMo ROM - these are in the \Windows\ directory. There's a very easy way to do this. It involves the Total Commander app for WinMo (Direct Link for the perpetually lazy...) (included in EnergyROM and others probably).

Now you're in Total Commander looking at your \Windows\ directory. Whew... lots of files. Fear not! Hit the "CTRL" button, then the green "Plus" button. This opens the Select/Unselect files dialog. Put in *.csv, press "select" and voila. All CSV files are selected. Now - File -> Copy/Move -> I want you to copy these (should be 10) files to the ROOT of your SD card. No folders!!! This is hardset right now, until we get it all implemented into the build properly. Thanks!

Install

Assuming you've done the pre-install prep; this is installed just like the other XDAndroid builds - grab your startup.txt (don't forget rel_path= if you don't have it at the root of the SD!), ts-calibration and boot!

Download
    Sorry. [...] :eek: I thought you are having trouble with this phone development, just tried to help. It will never happen again...

Still don't get how you talking about selling the phone cheaply helps with development.

Any developer is welcome to join... the project on the Blackstone front never really had a developer. A few came and went, but very few... none stayed long either.

So if you want to help, by all means. If you're just going to talk about selling your phone go elsewhere - these types of posts have NO business in a development forum.
    This is useless to buggy for daily use ...
    only a full rom and nand will work not this crapy and buggy versions
    no hope htc hd will never run android native
    HTC HD is dead no hope and no future
    only if the can make a full port and run Android native

thanks any way

Either make one, or STFU. Eternally posting this doesn't help anyone. Really getting tired of seeing this exact same post from you over and over and over...
    Caveats:

• Audio stutters every 10sec. The only fix I've heard is using a kernel from G3rmo (unfortunately it is old), or
      Code:
      su
      kill -9 28
      Which kills the [battery] process. I'm sure this will have negative effects on the battery meter/battery life...
    • SD Card not working...? "Waiting for SD Card" appearing on boot...? Try putting this command in your startup.txt
      Code:
      msmsdcc_1bit msmsdcc_fmax=14000000 msmsdcc_nopwrsave
      See gummbah30's post reminding us of these commands.
    • SD Card has partitions? (If you used a non-XDAndroid build the answer is YES) Then you need to add "no_partitions" to your startup.txt. Between the quotes on the set cmdline line. Do not put it on its own line, it goes in between the quotes! Make sure there is one space between each item.
    • BT might still be flaky
    • The CSV files from my BLAC100 are attached for the lazy. I'd like to gather CSV's from each RHOD, I'm curious if any ROM devs have changed them out either... This could get interesting. If you folks don't mind, post up your CSV's, point out differences with mine, etc... We're trying to figure out how to unify these, if possible! Thanks!
    • Keyboard tiny/unusable? Either change the IME (long press on the input box) Get rid of it! I've heard "Hackers Keyboard" is a good alternative - many options. There's also "Better Keyboard", Swype, etc... Side load the APK using AndroidApps, adb install, etc.
    Please post back any issues, enjoy!

GBX0C Changelog
    • Camcorder: Now works (tested on rhodium).
    • Acoustic: Bug-fix : correct random loss of dual(rear)-mic.
    • MMS: Bug-fix: Slides with zero duration on Sprint.
    • Gps: Bug-fix: Init/de-init sequence fix (correct gps not starting up after being unchecked in Settings).
    • Gps: Bug-fix: End gps session with a correct rpc call (relevant to amss6125 devices).
    • Gps: Bug-fix: Don't send delayed position requests after session has ended (possibly relevant to Navigation issues).
    • Gps: New feature: Xtra (aGPS) -> verified to work on rhodium/cdma raph.
    • X1 specific: Screen rotation patch.
    • Added tytung's GPS injector app to AndroidApps\Other as well as updating/cleaning up some apps in AndroidApps.
    • Modified rootfs for newest apsta firmware & wifi firmware - wifi tethering now works flawlessly in the newest kernels! .27 is still bundled for the record...
    Any updates? RIP Xdandroid.

RIP?

Nothing tangible. No devs for BLAC either, as I've stated 1,000x.

Patches welcome, haven't seen any (that are actually useful, lol).