Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,165 Members 44,058 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Flashing CWM onto rooted SGS 4G

Tip us?

travbrack
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Flashing CWM onto rooted SGS 4G

Hey. So I rooted my T-Mobile SGS 4G (stock 2.2 firmware) with SuperOneClick. That was super easy, I tested it out with a few utilities and I definitely have root.

So I went into rom manager and pushed the button to flash clockwork mod. It asked me for superuser status, said it was successful, but then it boots into the stock samsung recovery. I've tried this several times and I always have the same result. I'm sorry if there's an answer on this already but I'll be damned if I could figure out how to search for it without coming up with a bunch of unrelated problems.

Thanks!

kenhere
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Try going into clockwork and choosing boot to recovery then after that if it goes into stock recovery choose reinstall packages sometimes you have to choose reinstall twice. That's how I got mine into cwm first time

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda premium

travbrack
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Oh no that's the problem, I can't get clockwork to boot. No matter how many times I install it using the installer inside rom manager, the stock recovery boots up.

Exodian
Old
Thanks Meter 315
ROM MANAGER DOES NOT WORK. USE KRYLONS CWM FINAL IN THE DEV SECTION.

kenhere
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Yea I no, but wen u boot into it you get the stock 3e recovery and there is an option to reinstall packages

Exodian
Old
Thanks Meter 315
You need to download krylons modified recovery.bin file and use a file explorer app to push the file to system/bin. You need to also have the file update.zip on the root of your SD card. Then you boot into stock recovery and choose reinstall packages. This will boot you into cwm.