Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Flashing CWM onto rooted SGS 4G

OP travbrack

23rd September 2011, 12:50 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

17 posts
Hey. So I rooted my T-Mobile SGS 4G (stock 2.2 firmware) with SuperOneClick. That was super easy, I tested it out with a few utilities and I definitely have root.

So I went into rom manager and pushed the button to flash clockwork mod. It asked me for superuser status, said it was successful, but then it boots into the stock samsung recovery. I've tried this several times and I always have the same result. I'm sorry if there's an answer on this already but I'll be damned if I could figure out how to search for it without coming up with a bunch of unrelated problems.

Thanks!
23rd September 2011, 01:01 AM   |  #2  

47 posts
More
Try going into clockwork and choosing boot to recovery then after that if it goes into stock recovery choose reinstall packages sometimes you have to choose reinstall twice. That's how I got mine into cwm first time

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda premium
23rd September 2011, 01:05 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

17 posts
Oh no that's the problem, I can't get clockwork to boot. No matter how many times I install it using the installer inside rom manager, the stock recovery boots up.
23rd September 2011, 01:06 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 315

1,041 posts
ROM MANAGER DOES NOT WORK. USE KRYLONS CWM FINAL IN THE DEV SECTION.

23rd September 2011, 01:13 AM   |  #5  

47 posts
More
Yea I no, but wen u boot into it you get the stock 3e recovery and there is an option to reinstall packages

23rd September 2011, 01:44 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 315

1,041 posts
You need to download krylons modified recovery.bin file and use a file explorer app to push the file to system/bin. You need to also have the file update.zip on the root of your SD card. Then you boot into stock recovery and choose reinstall packages. This will boot you into cwm.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread