Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,353 Members 47,208 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Would you like to share knowledge about Alcatel MOVE ?
Yes 80 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

TCT-Alcatel Move

Tip us?

djada80
Old
(Last edited by djada80; 14th October 2011 at 03:36 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Thumbs up TCT-Alcatel Move

Hi XDA geeks , pros and fans !

I'd like to start this new threadline concerning the freshly-appeared TCT MOVE handheld device marketed for the budget segment.As i understand it appeared in march or later this year and has quite good specs for the approx. 100 euro category.
Some details can be found on

http://alcatelonetouch.com/products/smartphones/move

Contrarily to some beliefs IT IS NOT a branded OT-908 ,rather a cosmetized one .It comes in black or silver / white , a bit heavy for it's size , and higher specs than the OT-908.

Concerning the hardware specs, i'll be coming back later with some accurate chipset and sensor details.For now

OS is Android Froyo v2.2.2.Looks like there will be official ROM updates,at the time being there is the OneTouch Upgrade v1.2 ,which downloads about 540 Mb chunked firmware files, and exits with error.

Memory is 512 Mb RAM , for user space is available about 300 Mb
512 Mb ROM flash, available to user about 160Mb.
SD card slot supports up to 32Gb MicroSD, the phone comes with a 2Gb one.

Camera is a 2.1Mpixel one.There is no secondary one,but the main camera is available for video calls,with Yahoo! Messenger i tested it myself.How to use it this way i will explain later.

GPS is amazing , if assistance software is used , the lock-on takes only seconds.

Sensors - linear acceleration sensor
- 3 axis orientation sensor
- 3 channel magnetic field sensor (digital compass)
- light sensor for illuminance detection
- optical proximity sensor , it seems not in use by operating system(or rather poorly)

Processor - 600 MHz Qualcomm ARMv6 compatible, min frequency is 122 Mhz, and deep sleep capability.Qualcomm MSM 7627 chipset

addah_abdullah
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default rooting ?

hi djada80.i should like to ask if you managed to root your phone ?

djada80
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Yeah , it's quite simple.There are in the Android Market some free apps , i think the best which i also use is the one named Ginger Break.Just download and install it.Detailed usage info can be found here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1044765

djada80
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default firmware upgrade

it seems that the branded ones somehow cannot be upgraded ! at this point i need assistance , so PLEASE , if there is anybody experienced in debranding Acatel smartphones, then YOU ARE MOST WELCOME !.I saw guys having problem with debranding T-Mobile Move , so let's DO IT !

johndean_1978
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default cannot sync with windows

i cannot sync my tmobile move with windows.have a toshiba satellite c665 with win 7 .pls help !

djada80
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
connect phone to computer,enable usb tethering.install alcatel android manager on computer. Can be found here

alcatelonetouch.com/contents/download/T-Mobile_AndroidManager_2.2.1108.1645.rar

This should work,instead of Android Sync Manager WiFi ,the last has some issues with this phone ,do not use it.

djada80
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default Yahoo! messenger front camera

Contrarily to some beliefs THERE IS POSSIBLE TO MAKE VIDEO CALLS with front camera only on Froyo 2.2.It is quite simple:

1.) if you have any version of yahoo apps , remove them all
2.) install Y!Messenger v1.3.2 , the afferent audio and video plugin and
optionally Y!Mail v1.3.2

Nothing fancy with it , just works.Remember, DO NOT UPDATE from Market.

Might also check this,if it doesn't work
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1087769

addah_abdullah
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default remove bundled apps ?

Hi !

Is there a way to remove some of the unnecessary factory shipped apps ?

djada80
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default RE

Yes , there is. So the smart method vould be to remove them from phone memory , and eventually install it on SD Card , if they are (and they are) UNMOVABLE.
Or just leave them ,anyway a factory reset will restore all the shipped applications.

1.) [optional] install Android SDK with platform 2.2 , sdk tools and eventually drivers.Enable USB debugging on device.On PC launch command prompt and change directory to \Android\android-sdk\platform-tools\.Run command

adb shell pm setInstallLocation 2

This enables SDCARD installation by default.Prerequisits to have ROOT ACCESS.

2.) with RootExplorer simply delete unwanted applications from \custpack\apps\ on device.Optionally you can make backups.

3.) if you made backups , the backed-up apk can be used to be reinstalled , NOW ON SD CARD

Good luck.

djada80
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default RE again

A reboot of the device is required to cleanup the junk after a forced delete.Or it can be done manually , BUT USE CAUTION.

Tags
alcatel, clockworkmod recovery, move, ot-908, ot-908s