- ODIN v1.85 (included at the bottom) [WINDOWS ONLY]
- Samsung KIES (for the drivers needed)
- Samsung Epic 4G Touch (I know - should be obvious.....) and USB cable
- Your brain and eyes to read this ENTIRE thing BEFORE you do anything
- Install Samsung KIES
- Connect your Epic 4G Touch to a Windows computer. (Sorry ODIN uses Windows only...)
- Wait for Windows to initialize your phone with the drivers
- Unzip the Odin3 v1.85.zip file to it's own directory
- Disconnect Epic 4G Touch from your computer
- Open up odin3 v1.85.exe and you'll see this screen
- Turn your E4GT off (again should be obvious) and unplug if plugged in
- Put your E4GT into download mode by holding down Volume-Down first and then hold down the Power button until you see this screen:
- Press Volume-Up to continue or Volume-Dn to restart
- Volume-Up gets you this screen:
You're now in Download Mode and ready to continue.
Here is the ODIN screen:
- Connect your E4GT to your computer.
- The top left box should light up like this:
If it doesn't, close out of ODIN, unplug your phone, take the battery out, put it back in, restart computer, and repeat the ODIN STARTUP steps above.
- PIT Button: This is for the partition structure when flashing an entire ROM
- BOOTLOADER Button: This is for uploading a new bootloader (we don't have, and have never used this - IGNORE!)
- PDA Button: This is for flashing kernels and ROMs (in .tar format)
- PHONE Button: This is for the phone's RADIO/MODEM ONLY!!!!!!
- CSC Button: Not sure - don't use.
DO NOT USE PHONE FOR ANYTHING BUT A RADIO/MODEM - YOU WILL DEFINITELY NOT BE ABLE TO USE YOUR PHONE FOR CALLS, AND YOU MAY POSSIBLY BRICK IT - YOU'VE BEEN WARNED
This concludes the basics on what ODIN is and how to use it. For the items to flash you'll find them on this site.
DISCLAIMER: YOU, AND YOU ALONE, ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR ACTIONS IN USING ANYTHING ON THIS SITE. DO NOT COME CRYING IF YOU MESS UP YOUR DEVICE.