Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[08 April 2012] [CMR] Team Blue Droid V3.7 Sensation XL Gen3 EU & Tmobile SonyXloud

OP dansta34

25th April 2012, 03:54 AM   |  #12551  
Flag Cerritos, California, US
Thanks Meter: 2

80 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mentalityx

This is the same exact partition I have on my recovery. Im also using the 8gb class 4 SD card. I created the SDEXT in fact I mistakenly created 2 of them.
I have 0 problems just a Wifi tether prob but that can be corrected using a 3rd party app. You SD card should be fine. I did make one change and that I use 4ext recovery. I converted my SD card to EXT4 and then repaired all bad blocks then I wiped everything on down. Lastly I flashed the ROM and all has been well. No problem here mate.

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

Havent seen to many broads on here so I guess its just guys. What exact version of Gplay are you using?? Have you tried clearing your cache and data through Settings/Applications?? Have you tried upgrading to the new Gplay?? I think it is v3.5.16??

how do I convert my SD card to EXT4? btw the ROM is getting smoother now, i feel like my phone has a HDD instead of a SD card lol cause it feels like its being defrag and getting used to the ROM idk.. but i saw improvement
The Following User Says Thank You to OwenHD2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th April 2012, 05:26 AM   |  #12552  
Thanks Meter: 121

646 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwenHD2

how do I convert my SD card to EXT4? btw the ROM is getting smoother now, i feel like my phone has a HDD instead of a SD card lol cause it feels like its being defrag and getting used to the ROM idk.. but i saw improvement

It's in the advanced menu if cwm. "Partition sd card"

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using xda premium
25th April 2012, 06:27 AM   |  #12553  
Flag InMyHead
Thanks Meter: 8,004

5,969 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joaopalmeira09

Hi guys!!

when the next update of the rom comes up i'm thinking about performing a hard-ass wipe to my hd2...

i've read something about MTTY that beside performing a full wipe to the phone also corrects bad blocks that exist on the unit.

after some flashing on my hd2 i got to know the bad blocks situation.

what do you guys think about the use of such app??

looking forward to hear from you guys,

Cheers!!

Read my docs, mate. I have been through most of the **** with MTTY and such.
Bad blocks are never corrected. They are called "Bad" blocks because they are bad, broken, unfixable. The Memory Controller is looking after them by itself. It flags unresponsive blocks as bad and redirects to a spare adress somewhere else in NAND. Every other layer above the Memory Controller then just writes around the Bad blocks. Also Task29 from MTTY or the LEOadvancedRUU or any other RUU (essentially, they all do the very same talk to chip) just write around those bad blocks. They MIGHT be improving filesystem structure aroundthose bad adresses but they never correct bad blocks. That is just a myth.
Take note of this: Irritatingly, my new HD2, which has bad blocks, is way more reliable then my old HD2 which had no bad blocks.
Most issues that look like bad blocks in NAND can, but don't necessarily have to be, actual Bad Blocks on SD. I have an SD that locks up every now and again and also drops the Mount on Phone and PC alike. Some tools say its bad sometimes. So i supsect it having one bad block somewhere. Sometimes, a repartition fixes that and the bad block never gets touched, the phone works brilliant. On other days, i already notice that bad block when moving the ROM.zip to card for preparing a new flash. I already know from experience, that when hitting the bad spot while copying basic files, the full installation will be faulty.
So i'd really go looking for bad behaviour of your card and if in doubt, check thoroughly with other cards. Run the ROM for a while on different cards.
Since Dan's or any other Sense ROM is highly dependent on SD-Cards (at least for the EU phone) it is only natural that cheapo bad cards affect the ROM very strong.
Also, i have the impression, that TmoUS owners who setup a native TmoUS layout without an SD-EXT come here complaining far less often than the EU users or those with an SD-dependent setup on a US phone.
Think about this mate.

---------- Post added at 04:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCOO

I'm actually afraid of using MTTY. I'm scared about what I might found. xD

MTTY info8 will output bad blocks from a limited adress range
MTTY task29 will do a full format except spl, radio and splash region and will thus notice more bad blocks than info8 and will also inform you if it finds any.
MTTY also has another task that formats all including the SPL part, which is very dangerous and bricked my phone, because that task is not well documented here and i only found out after using it, that it will kill the spl if it's hacked (Hard-SPL'ed with cotullas own SPL). So i will not write it here in public as i fear to be responsible for damage done to phones but if you want to try out i can tell you via PM which command that is.
Hint: i found all commands the Phone understands by taking the SPL.nbh apart and looking for a command list (that is not encrypted and in plain text strings). I then tried them all blindfolded and bricked my phone... It was so badly bricked that it was hard to recover even with jTag it took more than one try to get it online again.

---------- Post added at 04:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by liehuo

Hi there. May I know how do I remove unwanted app from the Rom file before flashing? Can I include the apk files that I want in the Rom so when I flash the Rom, it will be automatically installed? Thanks!

Sent from my Team Blue Droid V3.7 stock EU HD2

Reading the provided Documents actually does answer this question too.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sneakyghost For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th April 2012, 10:04 AM   |  #12554  
Thanks Meter: 10

90 posts
More
Thumbs up thanks...
Dan and team,

I have installed stock 3.7 on my EU HD2 and all works perfectly.
The version is stable and smooth.
For me it is smoother thant 3.5..
This ROM is perfect...
Great job team...
Definitly, with this ROM, I will keep my HD2 for a long time...
Many thanks again for the great job
The Following User Says Thank You to mrpierrec For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th April 2012, 10:18 AM   |  #12555  
Flag beyond northern pole
Thanks Meter: 86

848 posts
More
is there any application that makes full back up. i mean with application cashes, mail, settingsm programs, contacts everything.! titanium back up is not a good on that manner, or at least i couldnt manage to make a full back up with it..
any sugestions..
meanwhile i am on 3.6 stock and for a month usage seems still stable and smooth. no problems.
25th April 2012, 11:10 AM   |  #12556  
Flag Ledbury
Thanks Meter: 391

1,416 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwenHD2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccbm3

It's in the advanced menu if cwm. "Partition sd card"

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using xda premium

The ROM converts the sd-ext to EXT4. Using cwm will create an sd-ext but as EXT3. You do not need to format your sd-ext to EXT4.

---------- Post added at 09:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguy29

Hi Guys and Girls I am having a problem where the market Updates my Maps and Titanium Backup to the Updated version and upon restarting it shows 2 Updates available and its the same Updates, i check and its using the old version again, Anybody else have a similar problem? Thanks.

Quote:

its GP 3.5.16 and yea i did clear everything cant figure why this is happening.

Quote:

That is quite odd. Havent read to much on this happening. Hopefully one of the other blokes can help you when they awake from their slumber. Do you have any other problems??

I have personally never experienced that problem. What you can do is use Titanium to clean up the Dalvik cache (settings/more). This should remove any redundant entries and advise you. You can also try Market Tools within Titanium.

Quote:

Yea I do at times when i plug it in to charge the screen freezes and need to remove the Bat and then it works fine charging after that its really random. Thanks for your Help.

Could be a contact problem but never, never remove the battery if you can avoid it. You will damage the contacts. Always use the red reset button.

---------- Post added at 10:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by liehuo

Hi there. May I know how do I remove unwanted app from the Rom file before flashing? Can I include the apk files that I want in the Rom so when I flash the Rom, it will be automatically installed? Thanks!

Sent from my Team Blue Droid V3.7 stock EU HD2

Quote:

You just go into the zip file, click on Parts1/apps_s and that has all the ROM apks in there. Delete at your own discretion.

If you want to add your own apk's to the ROM before flashing then place them in /data/app. This is where you will also find any additional apks that Dan has included and which you may wish to remove.
25th April 2012, 12:44 PM   |  #12557  
Flag Gaziantep
Thanks Meter: 5

79 posts
More
Unhappy tether-hotspot
Quote:
Originally Posted by tumuz

I cant connect my notebook (W7) to internet by using USB tethering or hotspot. I tried all suggestions from this thread. I tried wireless tether, wifi tether-beta, hotspot etc. How can I solve this?

Can everybody use Tether and Hotspot?
25th April 2012, 01:19 PM   |  #12558  
Flag InMyHead
Thanks Meter: 8,004

5,969 posts
Donate to Me
More
no, noone can. You need to use a third-party app like Barnacle Wifi Tether for that purpose. The built-in HTC Hotspot still does not work.
Unsure about the USB tether though. Never tried, but i think i read somewhere it also doesn't work natively, you might need a usb tether app for that.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sneakyghost For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th April 2012, 03:07 PM   |  #12559  
Flag Ledbury
Thanks Meter: 391

1,416 posts
More
TBD Sensation v3.7 Stock Colour Icon Set & Honeycomb Battery
All,

I have updated my colour icon set to version 1.4 which can be used on the TBD Stock v3.7 for all of you who like a bit of colour on Dan's Stock version. See my signature for the link and the attached for an example of the icons

Remember to backup your ROM before installing and enjoy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Colour Icon Pack1.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	1024070   Click image for larger version

Name:	Colour Icon Pack2.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	1024077  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sandymac For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th April 2012, 04:18 PM   |  #12560  
Flag Jville, FL
Thanks Meter: 54

424 posts
More
Lightbulb
Quote:
Originally Posted by tumuz

Can everybody use Tether and Hotspot?

Your can also use Easy Tether. It has a free trial but is limited. The full version has PW protection.

The Following User Says Thank You to mentalityx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
htc stock input ready including chinese t, the no 1 sensation xl rom, very very good rom, waiting for tmous
Previous Thread Next Thread