[ROM/RUU] HTC Wildfire Shipped / Stock ROMs Collection [Complete]
HTC Wildfire Shipped ROM's / RUU Collection
This thread is created to serve as a backup for whatever is available on Shipped ROM's
, in case the site is offline. Please read the entire notes below.
Alternate Direct Download Links:
What are these?
- RUU's stand for ROM Update Utility. They contain the ROM contained on a Stock, Out-of-the-box phone, as it was when it was 'shipped'.
- You will NEED to install these if you are claiming warranty on your phone (IF you have rooted / have custom ROMs installed). Besides, these are also helpful when you may potentially mess up some other rooting / flashing process.
Will this unroot my device?
- Yes. RUU's will Unroot your phone. They will remove:
* Clockworkmod Recovery
* Superuser Binary
Remember though, RUU's WILL format your device completely. So make sure you have everything backed up.
However, RUU's will not remove S-OFF if you have used AlphaRev X / Revolutionary. To remove S-OFF, you will need to follow this procedure here
How to install?
- Simple. Connect your Wildfire to your PC, run the EXE File, that's about it.
But I am on Mac/Linux. EXE's don't work on my comp.
- Extract the ROM.zip from the RUU using OpenRUU
. Needs Wine
- Rename to PC49IMG.zip
- Place on your SDCard
- Start phone in bootloader mode. (Vol Down + Power simultaneously). Follow On-Screen instructions next.
Error 131 Customer Error?
- Create a Goldcard.
If at first you don't succeed, try again. If you still fail, borrow another SDCard from somewhere and try again. Some SDCards are finicky when it comes to creating Goldcards.
Error 140 Bootloader Error?
- Happens when you are trying to install an older version of a stock ROM on top of a newer version. Run Step 1.bat from here
and try again. (Step 1 downgrades your MISC partition which will allow flashing an older ROM on top of a new one)
- They can happen for n reasons, and the best way to go around it to extract the ROM.zip from the RUU and try to install directly on your phone. For Windows, the procedure is outlined here
, and for Mac/Linux, use OpenRUU as already stated above.
There are so many links there how do I know which to choose?
- Generally, RUU's are named as such
This field will tell you whether it is a branded ROM or it is an unbranded (ie HTC ROM). Examples of branded ROMs are Vodafone ROMs, Telstra ROMs, Orange ROMs etc.
Shows the region for where the RUU is developed for. WWE stands for WORLD WIDE ENGLISH, so choose this in case you don't know which RUU you are supposed to use. Other examples are ARA (Arabic), CHT (Chinese), HK (Hong Kong), Asia (Duh!), TW (Taiwan), SPA (Spain), FRA (France) etc,
While not really important, this field tells you if it is an Eclair ROM or Froyo ROM. Eclair RUU's always begin with 1.x (Examples - 1.37.405.1, 1.14.405.2 etc), and Froyo RUU's always begin with 2.x (Examples - 2.22.405.1, 2.25.720.1 etc)
Radio Version -
Irrelevant really. Its not like you have choice here.
Release Version -
Same as above.
RUU_Buzz_Froyo_HTC_WWE_2.22.405.1_Radio_22.214.171.124 4H_126.96.36.199_release_160191_signed.exe (This RUU contains HBoot 1.01.0001)
http://www.filefactory.com/file/b4ba...191_signed.exe (Ctsy: BatEarsJoe)
- These are incremental updates, and not complete ROMs in themselves.
- OTA Zips will only work on the base ROM they are designed for, so, are not universal. Check the File Name of the OTA Zip. As an Example - OTA_Buzz_HTC_WWE_1.37.405.1-1.25.405.1_R2_release1ey1wsiqy49sdrqx.zip. Here, thos OTA ZIP will install HTC Firmware version 1.37.405.1 (1st Number) on your device, but will only work if you have HTC Firmware version 1.25.405.1 (2nd Number) on your device already.
- To install OTA's, follow the steps given below: (Untested on devices which have Clockworkmod Recovery installed)
OTA_Buzz_Froyo_HTC_WWE_2.22.405.7-2.22.405.1_release_2264007l58p3md822or7um.zip (By margityu
- - Download the OTA file you need. Rename this file to update.zip
- - Place this on your SDCard
- - Turn off your phone and turn on in HBOOT mode (Vol Down + Power)
- - Select RECOVERY. You should see a Red Triangle with an Exclamation Mark since using an RUU removes Clockworkmod Recovery
- - On this screen, Press Vol Up + Power. This should take you to Stock HTC recovery.
- - Here, select "Apply SD:Update.zip". Follow On Screen instructions
Safe Flash ZIP's
- These are intended to be flashed in Clockworkmod Recovery
, this will not remove root or Clockworkmod Recovery. So don't use these incase you intend to return your device to claim warranty. Use them only if you want to get back to a Stock ROM from whichever you are using at the moment.
- Created originally by danne_jo, all credits to him
Enjoy, and please don't request for mirrors. I am on a very slow internet plan, and uploading any RUU takes 45 minutes. Feel free to add mirrors, and I will gladly place your mirror links on this post.