Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Adonit jot - the best capacitive stylus in existent

OP goodintentions

5th December 2011, 04:37 AM   |  #391  
Senior Member
Flag Taipei
Thanks Meter: 38
 
183 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondback2010

I didn't get any shipment mail, but in the confirm mail I was told, that I'll get a seperate mail once the Jot is shipped.
That's not super bad, but maybe the tech crew should look at

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nainconpetant

bought mine on monday, have'nt get any shipping email either and was expecting one also.

Thanks, I will pass this on to our shipping department. I'm aware that Amazon shipping notifications are hit and miss, but I'll check ours as well.

Quote:

[*]The little plastic thing holding the protection cap was surrounded by tape. I guess that is because it was originally to small and won't fit with the cap. That looked a bit cheap besided the well designed rest of the packaging

Not sure what this means, but will check our packing this afternoon.

Quote:

[*]My disc is pretty loosy too, but at the moment the Jot works very good Can't really test it now, only on my DHD which hasn't got the best touchpanel

Glad to hear it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey01

Where do they ship through to the USA? From the sight I'm assuming it eventually comes out of Taiwan.

No, they're shipped from Amazon in the US.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalhit

Just got my replacement disks...and yup definitely fixed the skipping problem. I hope these don't degenerate though...otherwise...excellent customer service.

Excellent, thanks for letting us know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xGary

So if later (maybe 2 weeks later) I test it out and it turns out to be bad can I still get replacement disks for free sent to me? Cause shipping to Canada takes $15 friggin dollars.

Yes, you will be sent replacement discs for free. Shipping to Canada is incredibly annoying, but unfortunately we can't control postal service prices. This is why I recommend customers either purchase additional discs at the same time as they buy their Jot, or (even better), wait until they need them, and get them from us for free later.
Last edited by Fortigurn; 5th December 2011 at 05:06 AM.
5th December 2011, 05:07 AM   |  #392  
Nainconpetant's Avatar
Senior Member
Terrebonne, Quebec
Thanks Meter: 31
 
188 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Donate to Me
Originally Posted by Nainconpetant :

bought mine on monday, have'nt get any shipping email either and was expecting one also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortigurn

Thanks, I will pass this on to our shipping department. I'm aware that Amazon shipping notifications are hit and miss, but I'll check ours as well.

i actually bought mine from adonit site directly because i live in canada and amazon couldnt ship jot to my address.

Since i bought it on last monday and that a week pass now, i hope ill get it soon
5th December 2011, 05:15 AM   |  #393  
Senior Member
Flag Taipei
Thanks Meter: 38
 
183 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nainconpetant

Since i bought it on last monday and that a week pass now, i hope ill get it soon

Please send an email to help@adonit.net so I can check on your order personally. I should be able to give you a tracking number, and locate your package in the postal service system.
5th December 2011, 08:14 PM   |  #394  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortigurn

Not sure what this means, but will check our packing this afternoon.

Yes, you will be sent replacement discs for free. Shipping to Canada is incredibly annoying, but unfortunately we can't control postal service prices. This is why I recommend customers either purchase additional discs at the same time as they buy their Jot, or (even better), wait until they need them, and get them from us for free later.

I got mine from amazon on Thursday, and mine has tape around the cap holder thing as well. It looks like it's masking tape or something, I took a picture of it and attached it.

Also, I think my disc is defective as well, it's skipping around a bit when I'm writing and it's wobbly as hell when I lift the pen. Should I send an email to help@adonit.net? Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20111205_140743.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	806265  
The Following User Says Thank You to b0lt For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th December 2011, 10:47 PM   |  #395  
Nainconpetant's Avatar
Senior Member
Terrebonne, Quebec
Thanks Meter: 31
 
188 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Donate to Me
well.....
Got my jot today

as i took it out from package, i discover it already has a scratch as showed on the following picture :

in the 2 default note programs that come with my Galaxy tab 10.1 it does skip

So i downloaded the supernote apk from that xda thread : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1204931 and it doesnt seem to skip

am disapointed of the product since it has a scratch and i can write down with my fingers faster and with more freedom than with the jot.

I guess that product was designed mainly for painters and drawers and not for note takers..... and that i will have to keep it that way since i will NOT pay to send it back..... 15$ shipping cost, one time was enough for a 20$ product...


I've sent the exact same email to help@adonit.net
The Following User Says Thank You to Nainconpetant For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th December 2011, 03:50 AM   |  #396  
Member
Flag Coppet
Thanks Meter: 2
 
32 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Donate to Me
I got the Adonit Jot Pro a week ago, ordered at end of October. I got the Pro because the normal one wasn't available. First impression : it's really, really beautiful.
Second impression : I think there should be a user manual somewhere, because I had no idea what it would look like and the plastic disk surprised me a bit. So before doing anything foolish, I searched on the internet and saw that it was normal, and that it was not something random to protect the tip.
Anyway, then, I took the TF and tried writing something, I was not very happy with it. I'm using the Writepad Stylus application, and it skips all the time, like I can't even write four words before it stops reacting. I've tried changing all the parameters of the application, calibrating it, etc., but nothing changed.
For drawing, it's ok, but I bought it specifically to take notes, and I can't do that I don't know if I've got one of the "skipping" ones, I hope not.
I don't have any sreen protector, I'm running the latest firmware.
The Following User Says Thank You to Alexane_A For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th December 2011, 05:33 AM   |  #397  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
120 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2008
I received my adonit jot a week ago and i love the idea but it simply doesn't work well for me. I bought my transformer to take notes in class and when trying to do so i'm spending more time fixing the mistakes of the jot than i am paying attention when writing it consistently skips. i have three different note taking apps and i get the same performance on all three, and when testing on my atrix i get the same issues. i recently bought a basic rubber tipped capacitive stylus from AYL and its very responsive. However it isn't as accurate/precise as the jot when it works anyone have suggestions or is the only solution to get replacement disks?
The Following User Says Thank You to xidium For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th December 2011, 06:57 AM   |  #398  
Nainconpetant's Avatar
Senior Member
Terrebonne, Quebec
Thanks Meter: 31
 
188 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by xidium

I received my adonit jot a week ago and i love the idea but it simply doesn't work well for me. I bought my transformer to take notes in class and when trying to do so i'm spending more time fixing the mistakes of the jot than i am paying attention when writing it consistently skips. i have three different note taking apps and i get the same performance on all three, and when testing on my atrix i get the same issues. i recently bought a basic rubber tipped capacitive stylus from AYL and its very responsive. However it isn't as accurate/precise as the jot when it works anyone have suggestions or is the only solution to get replacement disks?

With supernote apps, u shouldnt have problem. Like i stated in my post, taking notes with ur fingers in supernote is almost easier and faster than with the jot.

If u get skipping problem, send them an email to help@adonit.net and they will send you free replacement disc. But just i said, with supernotes, i found out the jot isnt as fast as i can go with my fingers...
The Following User Says Thank You to Nainconpetant For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th December 2011, 07:07 AM   |  #399  
Senior Member
Flag Taipei
Thanks Meter: 38
 
183 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
I've spent some time investigating a few issues to answer these questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0lt

I got mine from amazon on Thursday, and mine has tape around the cap holder thing as well. It looks like it's masking tape or something, I took a picture of it and attached it.

Apparently this was a temporary fix by shipping staff for a problem with small moulding parts in the Jot cases we received from the manufacturer. However, the amount of tape in your photo is far more than was supposed to be used. Regardless, this temporary fix only affected a very small number of Jots sent last month. No Jots have been sent like this since.

Quote:

Also, I think my disc is defective as well, it's skipping around a bit when I'm writing and it's wobbly as hell when I lift the pen. Should I send an email to help@adonit.net? Thanks

Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nainconpetant

am disapointed of the product since it has a scratch and i can write down with my fingers faster and with more freedom than with the jot.

I guess that product was designed mainly for painters and drawers and not for note takers..... and that i will have to keep it that way since i will NOT pay to send it back..... 15$ shipping cost, one time was enough for a 20$ product...


I've sent the exact same email to help@adonit.net

Thanks, we have received your email and we are addressing your issue. I am happy to send you a free Jot to replace the scratched one you received. You can send the scratched one back to us at our expense; we will send you a FedEx label.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexane_A

I got the Adonit Jot Pro a week ago, ordered at end of October. I got the Pro because the normal one wasn't available. First impression : it's really, really beautiful.



Quote:

Second impression : I think there should be a user manual somewhere, because I had no idea what it would look like and the plastic disk surprised me a bit. So before doing anything foolish, I searched on the internet and saw that it was normal, and that it was not something random to protect the tip.

It's explained on our site.

Quote:

Anyway, then, I took the TF and tried writing something, I was not very happy with it. I'm using the Writepad Stylus application, and it skips all the time, like I can't even write four words before it stops reacting. I've tried changing all the parameters of the application, calibrating it, etc., but nothing changed.
For drawing, it's ok, but I bought it specifically to take notes, and I can't do that I don't know if I've got one of the "skipping" ones, I hope not.
I don't have any sreen protector, I'm running the latest firmware.

Thanks, please send an email to help@adonit.net; we will send you a pair of replacement discs free of charge, to see if that helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xidium

I received my adonit jot a week ago and i love the idea but it simply doesn't work well for me. I bought my transformer to take notes in class and when trying to do so i'm spending more time fixing the mistakes of the jot than i am paying attention when writing it consistently skips. i have three different note taking apps and i get the same performance on all three, and when testing on my atrix i get the same issues. i recently bought a basic rubber tipped capacitive stylus from AYL and its very responsive. However it isn't as accurate/precise as the jot when it works anyone have suggestions or is the only solution to get replacement disks?

Since this is a new purchase, please send an email to help@adonit.net.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fortigurn For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th December 2011, 11:13 AM   |  #400  
Member
Flag Coppet
Thanks Meter: 2
 
32 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
Donate to Me
Even if it's explained on the site, you might want to put a little something in the package, people may be a bit surprised and they might not be connected to the web at that instant.
Anyway, thanks for the proposition, I'll try some more to be sure it's really a problem with the Jot and not the app, and if it goes on, I'll write you an email !

BTW, the bronze one is almost exactly the same color as the TF, I love it


Edit : So I tried it on another application, with a glove this time, and... it skips I'll have to ask for the replacement disks, I guess !
Last edited by Alexane_A; 6th December 2011 at 06:47 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adonit, jot
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes