[TUT] Revert OTA 3.2 back to 3.0.1

OP drkalo

25th September 2011, 01:18 PM   |  #11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 277

554 posts
More
Great, vache. I guess everything else is the same except there's no need to edit the version.cfg file?
25th September 2011, 02:55 PM   |  #12  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 1,008

539 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkalo

Great, vache. I guess everything else is the same except there's no need to edit the version.cfg file?

Yes, it's also newer.
25th September 2011, 03:15 PM   |  #13  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 277

554 posts
More
First post updated ... vache's link added

Anybody, if you find a mistake or a unneeded stuff in the tutorial, please notify me to correct it.
Last edited by drkalo; 25th September 2011 at 03:41 PM.
25th September 2011, 05:42 PM   |  #14  
Flag München
Thanks Meter: 0

23 posts
More
what for an A501?
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkalo

First post updated ... vache's link added

Anybody, if you find a mistake or a unneeded stuff in the tutorial, please notify me to correct it.

I apologize for the stupid question, but it's better to be sure before doing something wrong.

I have an A501, I suppose this procedure is still valid, but I have to skip the point where the product name is changed from A501 to A500.
It's correct?

thanks
Bye
Paolo
25th September 2011, 05:42 PM   |  #15  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 4

19 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuronagi

it says my uid is incorrect...i put the 0x0 in front of the uid, and typed in the normal uid in last flashing step...error saying incorrect uid.

I've exactly the same problem, with the 2 methods...

Edit : I finally found the solution : if the program says "UID is incorrect", you must add a 0 (zero) in front of it - for example, if your UID is 280404412345678, you must write 0280404412345678 - and it works perfectly !

Thank your very much !!!
Last edited by Fabriel; 25th September 2011 at 06:20 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fabriel For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th September 2011, 06:17 PM   |  #16  
Flag Calgary, Alberta
Thanks Meter: 6

113 posts
More
I wonder if one of the devs on here who are smarter than myself could investigate this further and maybe figure out enough from it to come up with a root exploit for 3.2? (seems like it manages to bypass the security of the bootloader to go back to 3.0.1, so it seems logical the same exploit could be used for a direct, and possibly simple, root?)

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabriel

I've exactly the same problem, with the 2 methods...

Appears that you have to put a 0 in front of your UID in the last step (wasn't listed in the tutorial, but their example shows it)

On a side note, I've done that, and it claims to be doing the upgrade, but my tablet screen went completely blank (tutorial says it should have the acer logo) and the progress bar is also blank (not moving at all in 10 minutes now)... not entirely sure what's happening, but I have a feeling not much is working right...
25th September 2011, 09:44 PM   |  #17  
Boston

44 posts
More
The 2nd method worked for me. FYI if you've ever backed up your rom with CWM your UID is in a txt file in the folder of the backed up ROM. Just omit the 0x at the beggining of this file and copy and paste that when it asks you to enter your UID but use the whole UID you find in this file when copying it into the CPUID.txt file THANKS SO MUCH!!! Im now on 3.01 and ready to root/flash this sucker back to my backed up ROM>
The Following User Says Thank You to synapses11 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th September 2011, 09:50 PM   |  #18  
Flag Calgary, Alberta

113 posts
More
I have now tried both methods without any success

Method 1 can't see the tablet, it tells me to do a pin-hole reset and click "yes"... but that just takes me back to the same slide.

Method 2 gets all the way to flashing the image, however the status bar never moves (have left it for 2 hours) and the tablet just sits at a blank screen (not the acer logo as the tutorial says)

I tried reflashing the stock rom, factory resetting, clearing the cache, and trying again, all with exactly the same results.

I'm still stuck on stock, unrooted, 3.2

And the worst thing is, with so many people having success with this, it's likely to become the "official" way of rooting 3.2, leaving nobody any incentive to find another way, and me stuck without root
25th September 2011, 09:52 PM   |  #19  
Boston

44 posts
More
My screen also went completely blank but it still worked and booted into the Acer logo when it was copying the ROM to the tablet with a message of "entering download mode" or something like that in the upper right corner. Once it was done flashing it had in bock ASCII art letters "OK" above the acer logo and then rebooted.
25th September 2011, 09:56 PM   |  #20  
Flag Calgary, Alberta

113 posts
More
I'm guessing that it didn't take over 2 hours, and that you had a status bar on the computer doing something though...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread