Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,300 Members 53,205 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Comparison: Seidio Case + Holster

Tip us?

Ronacarino
Old
(Last edited by Ronacarino; 20th October 2011 at 06:09 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Comparison: Seidio Case + Holster

There two different Cases, the Active case & Surface case.
Does anyone have any of the two? I'd like some thoughts about the cases
because I'm most likely to jump into one of these cases, since I think ballistic
cases are too big & bulky but I had the infuse 4g so that had something to
do with it too =P

-Edit-

Seido Holster case
Here's an even better case, it's almost the same price, and it comes with a kickstand.. i wish i saw this before i purchased the pt holster case ):

DevJackey
Old
Thanks Meter 43
I got the Seidio Surface.

Very beautiful case. Its very thin, believe its just 1mm thick.
Feels very nice to the touch, easy to put on... easy to take out.
Nice access to all buttons.
However, since its so thin and all that stuff, not sure its good for protection. Probably just minor? I got it more for aesthetics reasons because I love that sapphire blue.

However, still offers some protection over not having a case, but obviously less than a more bulky case like my old Case-Mate Pop.

Basically, everything about the surface feels and looks nice.

Ronacarino
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thank you! I want to get the Surface one too because I mainly just want the holster.. the case is just an added bonus lol.. the fact that it looks very simple and doesn't add too much bulk is a plus to me too(:

naplesbill
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Just an FYI, but Best Buy sells the exact same case as the Surface Combo. It is branded for Best Buy but it is the same. It is an excellent case IMO.
It doesn't matter if you have an Android, iOS, WP7, or any other OS based device. Just enjoy what you have and share with the rest of us.

Ronacarino
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Hey thanks for the heads up.. i did check into it and saw how similar they both are.. i might just end up buying it since shipping might take a while. Thank you(:

Sent from my LG-P925 using XDA App
Current: LG Thrill 4g Rooted
Sold: Samsung Infuse Rooted
Sold: Iphone 4 32gb Jailbroken

Ronacarino
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Just got the platinum series with holster from bestbuy. Its a great case, does not add too much bulk. The front edges are slim so it does not interfere when you slide your fingers. And I got it for 30 dollars it was initially 35 but if you get a best buy rewards card they will do a 20% discount(:

I agree its a really nice case

Sent from my LG-P925 using XDA App
Current: LG Thrill 4g Rooted
Sold: Samsung Infuse Rooted
Sold: Iphone 4 32gb Jailbroken

mechpilot_z
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevJackey View Post
I got the Seidio Surface.

Very beautiful case. Its very thin, believe its just 1mm thick.
Feels very nice to the touch, easy to put on... easy to take out.
Nice access to all buttons.
However, since its so thin and all that stuff, not sure its good for protection. Probably just minor? I got it more for aesthetics reasons because I love that sapphire blue.

However, still offers some protection over not having a case, but obviously less than a more bulky case like my old Case-Mate Pop.

Basically, everything about the surface feels and looks nice.

I have the surface case with kickstand and holster combo like the one in the ebay link above. Just two nights ago i dropped my thrill out of my truck window doing 55mph and it only scratched the corners of the whole case and around the kickstand. i had just got the phone replaced due a manufacturing defect so i thought i was screwed and just destroyed my phone. thankfully it is still in mint condition because of the case.