[Guide-Test] Use Daemon to control clock speed without SetCpu
Hi guys. I was testing out Daemon yesterday on my phone and I decided to use the same with my Xoom.
Basically you can use Daemon to control your overclocking on the Xoom using OC/UV Beater
Its written in C which is nice (compared to Java) and light on the system.
You will have to install Andrev_OC - follow this link.
Changes can be made on the fly as well and it supports profiles.
I AM IN NO WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOU BREAKING YOUR XOOM.
Steps to getting everything up and running.
- Ensure root access (Root Checker or Terminal Emulator)
- Download OC/UV Beater (Thanks cjoliver)
- Download Andrev_OC zip installer but do not flash in Recovery. (Thanks Sybregunne)
- Extract files from Andrev_OC installer and make note of where to push files (in the zip it shows you where files should be placed.)
- If you dont know how to push files via ADB - then learn its a good time to. Otherwise use Root Explorer to push files (same thing)
- Make sure you have busybox installed on system/xbin and use 1.18 (newer releases are buggy) so downgrade if necessary
- Once busybox is installed and files are placed in proper places give the system/xbin file full read/write capability IMPORTANT
- Reboot Xoom (or phone)
- Install OC/UV Beater and you should be able to set profiles. I dont use Andrev_OC's wake and sleep profiles - I just use the standard OC profiles. I dont think its really necessary - so if you agree with me you can just disable those in settings and just use the basic ones.
Thanks to cjoliver and Sybregunne. Without their development I wouldnt have learned a little bit. I just put the two together and had some fun.