Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,242 Members 50,790 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[[ROM][Sense 4.1] Team Venom presents: Viper3D 1.6.3 Nightly welcome to the future

Tip us?

MFD00M
Old
(Last edited by MFD00M; 14th December 2011 at 06:35 PM.)
Thanks Meter 65
What if you guys backup dconfig with TiBU on your current set up and then restore after you flash the latest?
EDIT
I just tried this and it worked, I can't try a2sd though bc my sd card is not partitioned.

mrrogers1
Old
Thanks Meter 2417
Quote:
Originally Posted by djwalter View Post
Thanks for saying what you've found so far. I'm running r44 and still haven't found a reason to move forward. Been rock solid for me.
r47 brought big gains for battery life (i have stayed on Eternity since the very first release so I know this for sure) and the only two issues to speak of were;

1. Beats Audio was jacked up so if you turned it OFF the audio was crazy garbled. (i don't use it so didn't bother me much)

2. Search and Contact auto population (in the To, CC and BCC fields) in the Mail app is broken. (I do use this a bunch but have dealt with it)

r48 Did fix the Beats Audio issue but the Mail app issue is still there. Its been rock solid as expected and battery drain is still very low. When the phone is screen off and sleeping (as in I am sleep and not messing with it at all) the battery drain and CPU usage almost looks like the phone is connected to wifi even though it's not. I have never seen CPU utilization down at and below 1% on any roms. My wife's Nexus S 4G does get that low.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	snap20111214_094944.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	816636  
The Following User Says Thank You to mrrogers1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

twe90kid
Old
Thanks Meter 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFD00M View Post
What if you guys backup dconfig with TiBU on your current set up and then restore after you flash the latest?
EDIT
I just tried this and it worked, I can't try a2sd though bc my sd card is not partitioned.
let me see if this works... hmm.

BiG JeW
Old
Thanks Meter 34

DONATE TO ME
For anyone needing Sprint stock voicemail app here it is. I know it's missing from the buildbox. Enjoy

Link http://db.tt/LvR9FX3W

Sent from my Rooted & Booted Evo 3D!

Device (current): SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB 3 GSM/WiFi
ROM: DELETERIOUS 7.0 v1.1
Kernel: BLACKHAWK
Mods: WI-FI TETHER

Retired: PPC6600, PPC6700, PPC6800, TOUCH PRO 1&2, PALM PRE, HTC HERO, HTC EVO4G, HTC EVO3D, HTC EVO4GLTE, LG SPIRIT 4G.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BiG JeW For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lumbee
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default stuck on beats audio screen

I have evo 3d with 1.5 h boot,rooted using the htc method. The rom said it installed correctly but is stuck on the beats audio screen.. any suggestions??

BiG JeW
Old
Thanks Meter 34

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumbee View Post
I have evo 3d with 1.5 h boot,rooted using the htc method. The rom said it installed correctly but is stuck on the beats audio screen.. any suggestions??
Pull battery, wipe cache, dalvik , and flash the super wipe zip. Then, flash the ROM again.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Device (current): SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB 3 GSM/WiFi
ROM: DELETERIOUS 7.0 v1.1
Kernel: BLACKHAWK
Mods: WI-FI TETHER

Retired: PPC6600, PPC6700, PPC6800, TOUCH PRO 1&2, PALM PRE, HTC HERO, HTC EVO4G, HTC EVO3D, HTC EVO4GLTE, LG SPIRIT 4G.

JayDaKissEP
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG JeW View Post
Pull battery, wipe cache, dalvik , and flash the super wipe zip. Then, flash the ROM again.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
And make sure you follow directions on how to flash a ROM on hboot 1.50. You need to reboot into fastboot usb and flash a custom recovery

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA App

noweakness
Old
Thanks Meter 3
So sorry if this has been overly talked about but I'm looking for a good kernel that allows me to overclock without giving me problems of random reboots or who knows what else. i'm running 1.3

I've used tiamat and bcblend. More luck with tiamat, but is there another that people are generally having more success with?

Also is the upgrade worth it to 3.0 if i'm not having any problems?

thx

twe90kid
Old
Thanks Meter 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFD00M View Post
EDIT
Doesn't work this way. Even restored, there's certain scripts that are already removed which doesn't work even if you restore via titanium backup. too back, going back to R39 release

lumbee
Old
Thanks Meter 3
does anyone have a link for the superwipe zip?? i keep finding dead links. i also have cwm with the stock kernel.