Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,680 Members 45,838 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Clockwork recovery...

Tip us?

robertmoore208
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 112
Default Clockwork recovery...

Does anyone know an easier way to put clockwork onto my phone? I mean other than (adb).. for some reason it doesn't pick up my phone.. Is there an recovery App coming out soon?

Sent from my LG-P925 using xda premium

adrianp89
Old
Thanks Meter 4
make sure you have debugging mode on and that your Windows or Mac proper LG drivers are installed so that the phone is recognized also put CMD in the same folder as platform tools in sdk manager folder vice versa for files needed to be pushed to phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to adrianp89 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

robertmoore208
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 112
I got the drivers from the LG website for my cell, hmmm... ill have to recheck everything else because ADB has never gave me this much trouble

colbur87
Old
Thanks Meter 89
I'd be willing to code a one click solution if it would be helpful. Its pretty easy as it is tho

for(int i =1; i >0; i++)
{
Print("Android Rulez");
}

--------------------------------
I337 Galaxy S4
The Following User Says Thank You to colbur87 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

VPC
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I had the same problems. I followed everything step by step and made sure I had the right drivers along with everything I would need with Java. Still no luck. I have the combination of feeling stupid and frustrated. I have rooted and installed custom roms on three different phones before.

A one click solution would be amazing if you could come up with that. I will try the ADB way again later.

Vince
The Following User Says Thank You to VPC For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

robertmoore208
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 112
Yes a one click, alot of people would thank you ....and i would be gratefull

Sent from my A500 using xda premium

donavo
Old
Thanks Meter 15
i agree. ive been trying the adb method all day. for some reason just wont work. im prolly missing something
The Following User Says Thank You to donavo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Cthater
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Try updating all the drivers for adb. It would be helpful for you and it would probably solve your issue.

Sent from my LG Thrill 3D using XDA Premium
The Following User Says Thank You to Cthater For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pjcforpres
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Does one click root work for you? If it does, there is nothing wrong with your drivers.

Once you get one click root working, put the recover in the ADB folder that is part of one clock root.... then open that fold, hold shift and right click, select open command prompt, then type in the adb commands from the CWM instructions thread.

LG uses the same drivers for all their Android devices, I used their driver installer app and selected the Verizon LG Fathom since it didn't have the Thrill listed anywhere, have had no problems.
Current:
Me: LG Thrill, rooted, et al
Wife: Infuse, slaps my hand away before I can root it...

The Following User Says Thank You to pjcforpres For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

robertmoore208
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 112
Some reason my comp doesnt do any of this correctly... so much for brand new tech