Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,351 Members 41,358 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to Promote Android Apps?

Tip us?

the_main_app
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default How to Promote Android Apps?

Hi, I'm a new app developer and I recently published my first app on the android market. Unfortunently I'm not getting any downloads besides those from friends. I've tried posted in app development forums like this one but that did not create an downloads. I also tried running an admob campaign and that did not create any downloads. I've been reading through the forums here and at other sites and it seems people won't download unless you have reviews and other people downloading. If others won't download because no downloads then nobody will download. I would really appreciate any advice. I'm not expecting or hoping for 10000 + downloads but I was hoping for at least 5 downloads since it's been almost 3 weeks now. Thanks for the suggestions.
The Following User Says Thank You to the_main_app For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

weeeeeww
Old
Thanks Meter 4
go to smaller android blogs and ask them to review it. create youtube video and show how it works

karimouda
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Default This blog post documents my experience in App Marketing

This blog post documents my experience in App Marketing

http://karim-ouda.blogspot.com/2012/...umping-my.html
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to karimouda For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

msummer
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Talking Submit your app to http://50bestandroidapps.com/

Submit your app to 50bestandroidapps.com
It's a good web site to get your apps promoted.

SachinShekhar
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_main_app View Post
Hi, I'm a new app developer and I recently published my first app on the android market. Unfortunently I'm not getting any downloads besides those from friends. I've tried posted in app development forums like this one but that did not create an downloads. I also tried running an admob campaign and that did not create any downloads. I've been reading through the forums here and at other sites and it seems people won't download unless you have reviews and other people downloading. If others won't download because no downloads then nobody will download. I would really appreciate any advice. I'm not expecting or hoping for 10000 + downloads but I was hoping for at least 5 downloads since it's been almost 3 weeks now. Thanks for the suggestions.
Increase SEO of app..
In app details, enter large no. of keywords related with the app. Also, enter name of other similar popular apps as keyword.

It'll not just increase visibility in built-in search results, but also on external search engines and curators!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SachinShekhar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

droidappoftheday
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default I might be able to help?

If you are looking to get your app promoted, I actually own and operate a website called Droid App of the Day, so if you would like a free app review visit my site (I cant post links as am a new member). A google search won't fail you!
The Following User Says Thank You to droidappoftheday For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ftore
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_main_app View Post
Hello friend, I have the same problem as you! I also have a new android app, but cannot promote it properly. Could you please, share your experience on promoting your app. It would be interesting not only for me Good luck!

obscurant1st
Old
Thanks Meter 23

DONATE TO ME
I have wrote this guide for people like me. I have wrote almost everything I tried when I was promoting my app.

http://obscurant1st.biz/blog/how-to-...e-android-app/
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to obscurant1st For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

radiantbits
Old
Thanks Meter 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by obscurant1st View Post
I have wrote this guide for people like me. I have wrote almost everything I tried when I was promoting my app.

http://obscurant1st.biz/blog/how-to-...e-android-app/
Great article! Thanks for sharing this

anton1981
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default Few words about google play app pronotion

Empirically, I determined that a new application has to be seen through search Google play. Search is all that we have without money for a marketing campaign.
Therefore,application should be optimized in the following order:
  1. Application name in google play. This name may be different from the name displayed on the desktop device. The application name contains 30 characters, they should contain the main application keywords.
  2. Description of the application must be clear and also contain keywords.
  3. Attractive icons are very important.
  4. The application must be beautiful and functional. No need to buy a device for $ 300-500 and install an ugly app. People want a beautiful application.
  5. Publication of forums mentioned above.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anton1981 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]