which is also known as CherryMobile Magnum, Wellcomm A99, Spice CSL Mi 410
- Full Touch Panel support for menu navigation
- Touch gesture support added for Go back and page up/down actions
- ICS like menu buttons as an added option for menu navigation
- All harware keys functionality retained.
- Advanced Backup option for backing up in either TAR or IMG format. (Might be useful for Custom ROM developers using dsixda's kitchen)
- Install From Zip
- ADB recovery support
- Mounting sd card as USB storage device from recovery
- One of these mobiles: CherryMobile Magnum, Wellcomm A99, Spice CSL Mi 410etc. (with any ROM installed, rooted / un-rooted)
- USB data cable
[Using CWM recovery]
- Copy CWM recovery-fb0-v5_signed.zipin sdcard
- Boot into recovery (Steps are given below for how-to-boot-into-recovery)
- Use "install zip from sdcard" option
- Locate and choose CWM recovery-fb0-v5_signed.zip from sdcard for instllation
- After installation reboot into recovery (advanced > Reboot recovery)
[Instructions to boot into recovery]
[Using USB cable]
- Extract recovery.img from CWM recovery-fb0-v5_signed.zip
- Power off your phone. Now press Volume UP + Power button to enter in Download mode (Please keep Volume UP button pressed for a second before pressing Power button)
- Connect your phone to PC via USB and wait until USB-Storage device appears on your PC (In Linux, you might see loads of new devices being mounted. But we are concerned about the device with name as 'FIH')
- Replace file recovery.img inside the folder image (In windows, X:\image\, where X is drive letter for new USB device)
- Safely remove USB device to ensure complete file copy
- Disconnect phone from PC
- Remove battery of your phone to power off and then start it again.
- If your phone is up and running then connect it to PC
- Issue following command through terminal / Command prompt[Without PC - Using your phones hardware keys]Code:adb reboot recovery
- Power off your phone
- Now press Volume UP + Volume DOWN + Power (As said before, please press Volume keys for a second before pressing Power button)
- The phone will take few seconds (5 - 10 secs) to boot into recovery mode (It will show splash screen before booting into recovery)
- Use touch panel buttons at the bottom of screen for navigations.
- Hover finger over menu buttons on screen and lift your finger on desired selection when it gets highlighted.
- Use touch panel's back or device key's back button for return action.
- Check out this video to know how about.
- Select = Power & Search
- Move Up = Home & Vol-Up
- Move Down = Menu & Vol-Down
- Back = Back
Please refer to his post and image for for more details.
Originally Posted by tj_style
- Currently gesture support is not included for menu navigation.
- Same issue with using "USB Safely remove" option. Please refer to this thread for possible solutions. [Unofficial][Recovery][Ideos X6] CWM Recovery 184.108.40.206 [Update]
- Beware, some of your earlier Backups might just show md5sum mismatch. [happened with me] So just keep earlier recovery update.zip in /sdcard, just in case.
- The backup format for this recovery is .tar and not .img, this is done [not by me, by koush and CWM developers ] to reduce size of each backup. So, backup generated by using this version are not supported by earlier Recovery releases. But this release can use earlier releases' backup.
I am not to be held liable/responsible if you damage your phone by following/not following this thread.
- koush for his CWM bootable recovery sources.
- Steam recovery sources by SteamMOD for touch input related modifications.
- k1chy for testing this touch based CWM recovery on his ideosX6 device. (Since my device is bricked right now, I can not test it )
P.S.: I have purposefully kept same format as for my older post of CWM Recovery v3, so that it will be helpful for any new user to grasp everything at single place.