Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Virgin Mobile and my Evo 4g

OP Dan_Brutal

26th September 2011, 10:08 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Patroit's Place, MA
Thanks Meter: 814

1,522 posts
Donate to Me
More
Not going in to detail, but if anyone has any knowledge on how to, please hit me up. If you are going to post "its illegal", save it. Because honestly, I dont give a rats ass. Thanks.
26th September 2011, 11:02 PM   |  #2  
Flag Randleman
Thanks Meter: 1

25 posts
More
It's against the law. lol
27th September 2011, 01:07 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

24 posts
Just out of curiosity, how is it illegal?
27th September 2011, 01:39 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Patroit's Place, MA
Thanks Meter: 814

1,522 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcross8361

Just out of curiosity, how is it illegal?

Here is the short version. To unlock cdma phones, you need a donor phone to get the esn, meid, ect, and then clone them in to the phone you are unlocking. I guess cloning the ESN is illegal. And thats a must to unlock cdma phones to run on other carriers. I dont really know if its illegal since I own both phones.
27th September 2011, 02:16 AM   |  #5  
Flag Wisconsin
Thanks Meter: 148

425 posts
I know a PRL code is needed... okay, I think a PRL code is needed. As far as I know b_randon14's mod spoofs it. Whether this is a functioning PRL code or not, I do not know.

As to everything else, you know more than I do already.
27th September 2011, 05:00 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 33

187 posts
I can tell you how but I forgot which thread, so I would have to be digging through a whole forum section...
27th September 2011, 05:06 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 3

101 posts
Also intrested in this...

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using xda premium
27th September 2011, 06:27 AM   |  #8  
Flag Wisconsin
Thanks Meter: 148

425 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by austrie

I can tell you how but I forgot which thread, so I would have to be digging through a whole forum section...

Try looking in HowardForums' Virgin Mobile USA site (under Sprint Prepaid) if you haven't already. Their information is very good, although it doesn't go beyond anything too "illegal." I would recommend it as a starting point though.
26th October 2011, 10:36 PM   |  #9  
Flag Flagstaff, az
Thanks Meter: 35

329 posts
Donate to Me
More
I know how to get it flashed over except i don't know how to get picture mail working. I have a few ideas but no funds to try them out. If anyone has an Optimus V or Samsung Intercept that they are willing to mess around with I'd me more than happy to try to help.
14th March 2012, 06:00 PM   |  #10  
Flag Buffalo NY
Thanks Meter: 93

1,525 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by weinerwad3000

I know how to get it flashed over except i don't know how to get picture mail working. I have a few ideas but no funds to try them out. If anyone has an Optimus V or Samsung Intercept that they are willing to mess around with I'd me more than happy to try to help.

Whats up man,I will give you 40 bucks if you can get me to successfully flash my Epic Touch to Virgin Mobile,i have brand new Optimus V(v2.2.2) as donor phone.

There is this tutorial http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1503386 that just don't work DFS want flash all fields,i managed to get phon e and sms working with QPST on my own with no data.

Can you please help,i spent 150 on Optimus and activation,had to reinstall windows7 and been at this for 4 days now,im ready to murder someone,lol.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread