Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,453 Members 41,871 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Virgin Mobile and my Evo 4g

Tip us?

Dan_Brutal
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 814

DONATE TO ME
Default Virgin Mobile and my Evo 4g

Not going in to detail, but if anyone has any knowledge on how to, please hit me up. If you are going to post "its illegal", save it. Because honestly, I dont give a rats ass. Thanks.
Cookin' Android, and Wrenchin' Fixies

Projects: Malice for the T989 and T959

White Galaxy S2- Malice
Vibrant-Malice 6
Asus TF101- Stock ICS

@Dan_Brutal

If you like my work, hit my thanks button. If you feel the need to donate, you can donate to my Fixie fund.

hangdogdaddy38
Old
Thanks Meter 1
It's against the law. lol

tcross8361
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Just out of curiosity, how is it illegal?

Dan_Brutal
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 814

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcross8361 View Post
Just out of curiosity, how is it illegal?
Here is the short version. To unlock cdma phones, you need a donor phone to get the esn, meid, ect, and then clone them in to the phone you are unlocking. I guess cloning the ESN is illegal. And thats a must to unlock cdma phones to run on other carriers. I dont really know if its illegal since I own both phones.
Cookin' Android, and Wrenchin' Fixies

Projects: Malice for the T989 and T959

White Galaxy S2- Malice
Vibrant-Malice 6
Asus TF101- Stock ICS

@Dan_Brutal

If you like my work, hit my thanks button. If you feel the need to donate, you can donate to my Fixie fund.

primetechv2
Old
Thanks Meter 143
I know a PRL code is needed... okay, I think a PRL code is needed. As far as I know b_randon14's mod spoofs it. Whether this is a functioning PRL code or not, I do not know.

As to everything else, you know more than I do already.

austrie
Old
Thanks Meter 33
I can tell you how but I forgot which thread, so I would have to be digging through a whole forum section...

motorolatriumph
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Also intrested in this...

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using xda premium

primetechv2
Old
Thanks Meter 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by austrie View Post
I can tell you how but I forgot which thread, so I would have to be digging through a whole forum section...
Try looking in HowardForums' Virgin Mobile USA site (under Sprint Prepaid) if you haven't already. Their information is very good, although it doesn't go beyond anything too "illegal." I would recommend it as a starting point though.

weinerwad3000
Old
Thanks Meter 35

DONATE TO ME
I know how to get it flashed over except i don't know how to get picture mail working. I have a few ideas but no funds to try them out. If anyone has an Optimus V or Samsung Intercept that they are willing to mess around with I'd me more than happy to try to help.

lviv73
Old
Thanks Meter 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by weinerwad3000 View Post
I know how to get it flashed over except i don't know how to get picture mail working. I have a few ideas but no funds to try them out. If anyone has an Optimus V or Samsung Intercept that they are willing to mess around with I'd me more than happy to try to help.
Whats up man,I will give you 40 bucks if you can get me to successfully flash my Epic Touch to Virgin Mobile,i have brand new Optimus V(v2.2.2) as donor phone.

There is this tutorial http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1503386 that just don't work DFS want flash all fields,i managed to get phon e and sms working with QPST on my own with no data.

Can you please help,i spent 150 on Optimus and activation,had to reinstall windows7 and been at this for 4 days now,im ready to murder someone,lol.