Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,209 Members 48,540 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

The best Froyo (Android 2.2) Rom For HTC Dream (G1)

Tip us?

gowdemon
Old
(Last edited by gowdemon; 27th September 2011 at 11:07 AM.) Reason: Improvement
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Red face The best Froyo (Android 2.2) Rom For HTC Dream (G1)

I have been using my HTC G1 for the nearly one year, i actually bought the phone on ebay (used), simply because it had slide-out keyboard.

After i found about Cyanogen mods, i rooted the phone like any other geek and installed Cyanogenmod 6, but the phone was slow and it was frustrating to multi-task. Every time i has a couple of programs running on the background, if i go to the home screen, it will all go blank for a while and then load again.

Then, i decided to downgrade the to Cyanogenmod4, which is 1.6. Everything was working fine, but i wasn't able to enjoy all the cool new features of Froyo. So i started experimenting a lot of Froyo roms aout there to find out the best.

And i finally found the best ROM for G1. It is 'Froyo By Laszlo', the rom is simply phenomenal.

For the 1st time ever with a Froyo rom i was able to multi-task without any issues what so ever, games were working great and it was really fast.

The best thing about this Rom is that, it has all the little features bundled with it, so i don't need to install any additional apps to tweak it, like LauncherPro (fastest launcher for G1), CPU overclocking app is in-built, comcache enable (can switch to swap if you want), MinimalGreen mixed with Gingerbred theme.

You do require

SPL: 1.33.0013d (hboot), RADIO: 2.22.27.08 / 28.25 and EXT 4 PARTITION

Before you flash this Rom. Go to this thread for instructions.

To get the appropriate Radio and HBOOT, go to this thread here. (After getting the Radio and HBOOT, skip the instructions to install Gingerbread Rom and follow the instructions in the above thread to get the Froyo Rom)

It only took me 30mins to install the new Radio, Hboot and Rom.
Try this Rom, if you have a G1 and give it a new life.
The Following User Says Thank You to gowdemon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stukkerrr
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy dear frend

mega upload dosent work help my whit a torrent or somthing...
Tags
best rom, dream, froyo, htc g1, laszlo