Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,468 Members 37,912 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][KERNEL][RECOVERY][01.08.2013] GeeWiz 2.9.2 EH03 TouchWiz Gingerbread (Retired)

Tip us?
 
lord dredd
Old
#731  
lord dredd's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 390
Posts: 1,472
Join Date: Apr 2011
guyz i am running this Rom since ages on my fascinate and really havent faced any issues whatsoever
just 2 days back had that lockscreen thingy people were talking about but thats about it really ;P

btw i wanted to update that i am using that FC27 radio from cspire Rom that was released a few days back I500USFC27
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1596662

i wont recommend anyone to flash it coz they might lose 3G , but would suggest you folks to use only the modem.bin instead ,
my data speed has got a real kick i gotta say :P
try it
XDA... rockkss!!!!!!
micmars The uber helping GIANT
bigdaddy619 = 2X awesomeness quantified
 
myi500
Old
(Last edited by myi500; 16th April 2012 at 06:01 PM.)
#732  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 25
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Jacksonville
Default battery popup and icons

How do I re-enable the battery full popup and put back on the stock battery icons, and disable the bootup/shutdown chime?


I have tried the hidden menu codes to re-enable the battery message but that does not work.

Any help anybody?
 
scarfman4
Old
#733  
scarfman4's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 153
Posts: 709
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by myi500 View Post
How do I re-enable the battery full popup and put back on the stock battery icons, and disable the bootup/shutdown chime?


I have tried the hidden menu codes to re-enable the battery message but that does not work.

Any help anybody?
To reenable the full charge sound, go to Settings>Sound settings and check Charger Activation.

To disable startup sounds go into /system/etc and rename or delete PowerOn.wav.

To disable shutdown sounds go to /system/media/audio/ui and rename or delete PowerOff.wav.



Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA
Problems flashing? Be sure to follow droidstyle's guide:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1238070
The Following User Says Thank You to scarfman4 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
myi500
Old
#734  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 25
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Jacksonville
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarfman4 View Post
To reenable the full charge sound, go to Settings>Sound settings and check Charger Activation.

To disable startup sounds go into /system/etc and rename or delete PowerOn.wav.

To disable shutdown sounds go to /system/media/audio/ui and rename or delete PowerOff.wav.



Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA
Thanks for the help, any ideas about the stock battery icons?

again thanks.
 
scarfman4
Old
#735  
scarfman4's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 153
Posts: 709
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by myi500 View Post
Thanks for the help, any ideas about the stock battery icons?

again thanks.
Do you mean the stock blue horizontal battery that comes on EH03? If so there's an add-on for it in the OP.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA
Problems flashing? Be sure to follow droidstyle's guide:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1238070
The Following User Says Thank You to scarfman4 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
djp952
Old
#736  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 989
Posts: 801
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Baltimore
First and foremost ... aw, shucks, thanks gang I really appreciate the nice words and well wishes from everyone. It was my pleasure to be able to be of service for a (short?) while and I'm both thrilled and flattered to have been a contributing member of the community!

GW 2.8 was *almost* posted tonight (it's actually uploading to MediaFire now - lol - oops), but I got a couple PMs that I want to address, one of which is from Zong00 who couldn't post here yet, and points to a nice Bluetooth audio fix. The other is from my friend JJ5150 asking for one final battery gauge mod, and I will honor that as well. I also keep teasing about a custom boot animation that was made for GeeWiz, and I assure you it will be available with 2.8 FINAL.

The Bluetooth audio thing will take me a day or two, since I have to find my old BT receiver and see if it does stereo to do a before/after check. If that doesn't have the capabilities I will contact Zong00 to test it for me

As for "GeeWiz Player" ... I took yet one more crack at it, and while I failed miserably again I have made a seemingly minor change in GW 2.8 that should help regardless. I changed the ROM such that Wifi will not be disabled when entering Airplane mode. That change needs a data wipe or a database edit that I intend to post with 2.8, but when you combine that with some other hacks/tweaks that can be entered with the hidden menus, it gets you really close to a "Galaxy Player" experience. It's not going to be ideal, but I think it's workable. I'm sorry I wasn't able to build you guys a clean "Player" experience that just eliminated all the CDMA/Phone stuff, but I assure you I spent many many many hours (weeks, actually) trying

Oh, one more thing .. I've opted to not include any kind of scripts that manipulate the LED backlight timer or in-call volume boost with GW 2.8 after all. I know I said I would, but that would once again link the ROM with the GeeWiz Kernel and I don't want to do that. I think it's really important for people to be able to mix and match to get the best possible experience. I will try to remember to post how to make such a script that would work against the GW 2.8 kernel, it's not difficult at all and is almost identical to the init.d sample scripts I've already posted. It's just using the ECHO command to write a value to a virtual file.

Short version:

- GW 2.8 was ready, but I need another couple days to address some new requests
- GW 2.8 is still intended to be the final version (sorry!!)
- GeeWiz Player concept was a bust due to my non-mad skillz, but I was able to tweak one thing that should make it a little easier and intend to post a reasonable set of steps to get there DIY-style.
- I'm both honored and flattered to have been a part of your lives for a short time
Samsung Fascinate Development Projects
GeeWiz 4.5 JDQ39: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2088224
GeeWiz Media 4.5 JDQ39: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...63&postcount=2
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to djp952 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
djp952
Old
#737  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 989
Posts: 801
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Baltimore
Quote:
Originally Posted by myi500 View Post
How do I re-enable the battery full popup and put back on the stock battery icons, and disable the bootup/shutdown chime?


I have tried the hidden menu codes to re-enable the battery message but that does not work.

Any help anybody?
scarfman has the important bits totally covered above, but I just wanted to add that it's not possible to re-add the full battery pop-up notification with the GeeWiz ROM, it's been disabled in the source code. You would pretty much need to run stock to get this back, it's the first thing custom ROMs will kill off on you.

Out of curiosity, why would you want this notification? There is no real reason to unplug a fully charged Fascinate as the battery charger will disconnect at 100% anyway (this applies to both stock and custom kernels). Custom kernels like the GW kernel may kick the charger back on when the battery falls to a certain level to mimic how the device behaved with Eclair/Froyo, but even in those "olden" days the notification was seemingly useless.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to insult or flame you here. I'm just curious as to the rationale behind wanting the notification and what value that adds for you ... if I can be made to understand the usefulness, I can perhaps add an "extra" that re-enables it. No promises on that, you are honestly the first person that has ever asked to put it back, and that includes Mrs. djp952!!
Samsung Fascinate Development Projects
GeeWiz 4.5 JDQ39: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2088224
GeeWiz Media 4.5 JDQ39: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...63&postcount=2
 
myi500
Old
#738  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 25
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Jacksonville
Quote:
Originally Posted by djp952 View Post
scarfman has the important bits totally covered above, but I just wanted to add that it's not possible to re-add the full battery pop-up notification with the GeeWiz ROM, it's been disabled in the source code. You would pretty much need to run stock to get this back, it's the first thing custom ROMs will kill off on you.

Out of curiosity, why would you want this notification? There is no real reason to unplug a fully charged Fascinate as the battery charger will disconnect at 100% anyway (this applies to both stock and custom kernels). Custom kernels like the GW kernel may kick the charger back on when the battery falls to a certain level to mimic how the device behaved with Eclair/Froyo, but even in those "olden" days the notification was seemingly useless.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to insult or flame you here. I'm just curious as to the rationale behind wanting the notification and what value that adds for you ... if I can be made to understand the usefulness, I can perhaps add an "extra" that re-enables it. No promises on that, you are honestly the first person that has ever asked to put it back, and that includes Mrs. djp952!!

I mainly wanted the custom battery and popup back to see how my battery lasted and to see if I still get the instant drop too 98% when I disconnect my battery, well that and to compare battery life. I swear my battery life is pathetic now adays. I mean it doesnt even last all day anymore, I might get 15-20 hours depending on use.
 
myersw
Old
#739  
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 39
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: SE Michgan
djp,
thanks for this kernel and will be using the new one once it is available. Thanks for not putting links into the ROM as I use the TSM Resurrection 2.2 ROM. This makes a very solid combination for me. My Fascinate works the way it should have when purchased FINALLY with this combination. I used your older GeeWiz kernel and ROM which worked well for me, but like the look and feel of TSM 2.2 ROM better. Good to have choices ;)
--bill
The Following User Says Thank You to myersw For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
djp952
Old
#740  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 989
Posts: 801
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Baltimore
Quote:
Originally Posted by myersw View Post
djp,
thanks for this kernel and will be using the new one once it is available. Thanks for not putting links into the ROM as I use the TSM Resurrection 2.2 ROM. This makes a very solid combination for me. My Fascinate works the way it should have when purchased FINALLY with this combination. I used your older GeeWiz kernel and ROM which worked well for me, but like the look and feel of TSM 2.2 ROM better. Good to have choices ;)
--bill
You're welcome! It's always a toss-up whether to link thinks together like an OEM or not ... on one hand you get much better integration / user happiness, but you also ruin it for people like you that want to mix and match. I've been very pleased with the results of keeping things separated, not only does it allow for configurations like yours, it let me explore and learn Linux and Android as the two separate entities that they are
Samsung Fascinate Development Projects
GeeWiz 4.5 JDQ39: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2088224
GeeWiz Media 4.5 JDQ39: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...63&postcount=2

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes