5,595,196 Members 45,203 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

official 5.6.890 (download) not leak

Tip us?

LRiley
Old
(Last edited by LRiley; 27th September 2011 at 11:40 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 43
Arrow official 5.6.890 (download) not leak

The update was pushed to my phone today, don't know if its available for everybody or if its rolling out in baches, but I have the file and I'm not signed up for the soak test so I'm assuming its official.
http://www.multiupload.com/5ZMDB712T9
just unzip the rar
don't know if anything is different but there it is
YES you can root afterwards
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to LRiley For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gierso
Old
Thanks Meter 33
+1

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
~Serge
------
Phone:
Google NEXUS 4<-- Razr XT910 (Sold)<-- XT862 Droid 3 (Sold)<--Nokia N97 (drawer/backup)<--Nokia 5800 (drowned/repaired/sold)<--Weird Chinese Dual SIM phone (forgot it ever existed[in a drawer])<--Sony Ericsson/Nokia/Ericsson(broken)
Tablet:
Nexus 10<--Asus Tf700t pad INFINITY (Sold)<--Asus Tf300t (Sold almost new for the tf700)<--Viewsonic G-Tablet (drawer/ Photoframe)
Droid 3 XT862 FASTBOOT FILES to unbrick your Droid 3 /mirror to the files here splitted with 7ZIP

jediman
Old
Thanks Meter 16
+2
All users say thanks!

Androidsims
Old
Thanks Meter 73
This is the same as the leak from last month. Thanks for sharing though.

g3m1n1
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Must be rolling out in batches. I'm in the Chicago area and I have not received the update yet.

wootizzle
Old
Thanks Meter 9
In DC no update yet either. Am I gonna have to reroot applying this or unroot then reroot?

Sent from my DROID3 using XDA App

g3m1n1
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by LRiley View Post
The update was pushed to my phone today, don't know if its available for everybody or if its rolling out in baches, but I have the file and I'm not signed up for the soak test so I'm assuming its official.
http://www.multiupload.com/5ZMDB712T9
just unzip the rar
don't know if anything is different but there it is
Were you rooted prior to the updated? Had you removed or moved any bloatware prior to the update? Just wondering if the update unroots or fails if pre-loaded software is missing.

jimmiet
Old
Thanks Meter 27

DONATE TO ME
My phone came right from Verizon with 5.6.890 and I used one-click-root and Koush's D3 boostrap and all worked fine. Even if you lose root you can re-root.

LRiley
Old
(Last edited by LRiley; 27th September 2011 at 11:26 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by wootizzle View Post
In DC no update yet either. Am I gonna have to reroot applying this or unroot then reroot?

Sent from my DROID3 using XDA App
you don't have to unroot before the update but you will have to root afterwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by g3m1n1 View Post
Were you rooted prior to the updated? Had you removed or moved any bloatware prior to the update? Just wondering if the update unroots or fails if pre-loaded software is missing.
I rooted before the update but I didn't remove bloatware, if you did it will probably fail. you can replace your deleted bloatware with PetesMotorolaRootTools
The Following User Says Thank You to LRiley For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

g3m1n1
Old
Thanks Meter 2
@LRiley Thanks man, good to know. I did not delete any of the bloatware, just moved them to a sub-folder so restoring will be a piece o'cake. Will do that now because I have no idea when I'll get the update from VZW.