R3L3AS3DRoot and 43V3R root for the BIONIC v2.1

Search This thread

dhacker29

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 27, 2011
Millsboro, DE
R3L3AS3DRoot and 43V3R Root for the BIONIC
Works on any system software version (.886 and .893)

Now for Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X
Presented to you by dhacker29, DroidTh3ory, Crpeck and TH3ORYROM

I have totally rewritten the windows version and Crpeck has rewritten the Linux/Mac OS X version

The downloads include all of the files necessary to either root or restore and root your bricked BIONIC no matter what system version you are on (.886 or .893

I have zipped up the fastboot binary, boot.img, system.img, ROOT tools and a custom script so that all you have to do is download the zip. Extract it the folder and double click on Root.bat (windows) or MotoRooter.sh (Linux/MacOS X) file to be given the option to root your BIONIC or recover and restore from a bootloop or softbrick on your BIONIC.

The Windows version now includes the ADB exe and DLL file so you don't have to worry about not having ADB setup.

The Linux and Mac OS X version has been updated by Crpeck, so that it is now menu driven and has a clicky icon for Mac OS X users. It includes the adb and fastboot binaries for both OS's and will auto determine which platform you are running.

Instructions:
Download the zip:
Windows: R3l3AS3DRoot_Windows_V2.1.zip
MotoRooter for Linux and Mac OS X: MotoRooter-1.1.zip

Extract the zip folder on your computer.

Double click the file R3L3AS3DRoot.bat for windows, MotoRooter.sh for Linux, or Mac-MotoRooter for Mac OS X in the folder where you extracted the zip.

Follow the prompts on the screen and you'll be given the option to restore to factory stock, restore to factory stock and reroot with forever foot, or forever root your phone.

Each section gives you instructions on what mode to put your phone in so follow them carefully!

Enjoy the scripts!! And show Crpeck some love for helping with the Mac OS X stuff and making my linux version even better.

If you encounter an error message please post what the error was and which operating system you were running it on so we can help you better.

R3L3AS3DRoot.png

MotoRoot.png

A special thanks to BriefMobile for the files and information to make this possible.

Last edited:

Rootuser3.0

May 18, 2011
I guess your name says it all nice work my friend

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using xda premium

jessie02

Sep 10, 2010
When I try to run it I get this message:

"the program couldnt start because AdbWinApi.dll is missing from yhour computer"

I do have Android SDK installed on my computer....Any advice?

Last edited:

jason1332

Apr 25, 2008
whew

This is currently in the process of saving my a** after goofing up install of a Theory ROM...I love this place.

them0nk

Oct 6, 2007
Nevermind.... got it going.

please elaborate... having problems too...?

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

Not working for me, getting the dll missing crap...

This seemed to be a standalone fix without any pre-reqs from what i read in the OP, is there some kind of registered dlls from something else involved?

I actually installed the sdk and stuff but can't mess about with this computer too much as i'm at work.

Any ideas?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    R3L3AS3DRoot and 43V3R Root for the BIONIC
    Works on any system software version (.886 and .893)

Now for Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X
    Presented to you by dhacker29, DroidTh3ory, Crpeck and TH3ORYROM

I have totally rewritten the windows version and Crpeck has rewritten the Linux/Mac OS X version

The downloads include all of the files necessary to either root or restore and root your bricked BIONIC no matter what system version you are on (.886 or .893

I have zipped up the fastboot binary, boot.img, system.img, ROOT tools and a custom script so that all you have to do is download the zip. Extract it the folder and double click on Root.bat (windows) or MotoRooter.sh (Linux/MacOS X) file to be given the option to root your BIONIC or recover and restore from a bootloop or softbrick on your BIONIC.

The Windows version now includes the ADB exe and DLL file so you don't have to worry about not having ADB setup.

The Linux and Mac OS X version has been updated by Crpeck, so that it is now menu driven and has a clicky icon for Mac OS X users. It includes the adb and fastboot binaries for both OS's and will auto determine which platform you are running.

Instructions:
    Download the zip:
    Windows: R3l3AS3DRoot_Windows_V2.1.zip
    MotoRooter for Linux and Mac OS X: MotoRooter-1.1.zip

Extract the zip folder on your computer.

Double click the file R3L3AS3DRoot.bat for windows, MotoRooter.sh for Linux, or Mac-MotoRooter for Mac OS X in the folder where you extracted the zip.

Follow the prompts on the screen and you'll be given the option to restore to factory stock, restore to factory stock and reroot with forever foot, or forever root your phone.

Each section gives you instructions on what mode to put your phone in so follow them carefully!

Enjoy the scripts!! And show Crpeck some love for helping with the Mac OS X stuff and making my linux version even better.

If you encounter an error message please post what the error was and which operating system you were running it on so we can help you better.

R3L3AS3DRoot.png

MotoRoot.png

A special thanks to BriefMobile for the files and information to make this possible.
    OK folks the OP has been updated with a new version that will root all software version (.886 and .893), includes a Mac OS X clicky icon thanks to Crpeck, and has an option to restore if you are bricked and then root. Enjoy
    Quick question, since I'm already rooted, if I do the foreverroot, will it overwrite anything on my current Liberty ROM, or does it just enable forever root on the backend of the phone.

Thanks Dhacker!

Will only change the one file

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    Nice! Can this be done for Mac OS?

You should be able to convert my batch file into a shell script and put in the mac OS X binary. I am going to try to do a linux version and if I do the shell script should work in OS X.
    Thanks man. Great work!

Confirmation number: 46T98331RM530635U

Thanks for contributing to my nexus prime fund lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk