Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,310 Members 45,207 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Anyone able to access hidden wifi networks?

Tip us?

nutnithin
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Anyone able to access hidden wifi networks?

have been using mango for a month now...and then got the mango update today..still noticed that cant connect to hidden wifi networks...can anyone else connect?i read in a post that you can connect to them in mango by going to the wifi setttings page and pressing advanced where an add option would be available...cant seem to get it...

digitaller
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutnithin View Post
have been using mango for a month now...and then got the mango update today..still noticed that cant connect to hidden wifi networks...can anyone else connect?i read in a post that you can connect to them in mango by going to the wifi setttings page and pressing advanced where an add option would be available...cant seem to get it...
Same question here. I can not find the tethering fuction either.

magicsquid
Old
Thanks Meter 15
I can't seem to find it either. The guy in this link thinks that the option is enabled by firmware.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...08&postcount=5

If no-one with a DVP can access this setting, it's possible Dell may not have enabled this yet in the firmware.

nutnithin
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicsquid View Post
I can't seem to find it either. The guy in this link thinks that the option is enabled by firmware.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...08&postcount=5

If no-one with a DVP can access this setting, it's possible Dell may not have enabled this yet in the firmware.
thats bad!!!!!!!!!!!! was one of those features i was waiting for....maybe in a future update but i doubt it....

magicsquid
Old
Thanks Meter 15
This article seems to confirm it:
http://www.wpcentral.com/tethering-h...where-art-thou

Hope Dell will be working on some firmware updates

FocusH
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Most unfortunate update(Mango). After all the hype the features are incomplete.
Now I am feeling sorry that I ever bought Samsung Focus.

blackrose4all@yahoo.com
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default No + Sign

Bought one unlocked for 300$, has the mango udpate, but no + sign for Hidden n/w's. It sure is painful, there is no point using data plan while in office/home. any idea when is the next update coming?

MisterPhilleh
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I recall reading something about the version of a certain piece of hardware Dell choose to include in the phone. The particular chip (Qualcomm I believe) doesn't allow for broadcasting of N band wireless networks and doesn't enable recognition of hidden WiFi networks, thus no tethering and only public wireless networks for now. Again this is just what I've seen her and there so don't quote me on it haha.
I've heard talk about a firmware work-around despite hardware limitations so there is some hope, but I'm not going to get my hopes up for now.

Sent from my Venue Pro using XDA Windows Phone 7 App
The Following User Says Thank You to MisterPhilleh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nutnithin
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
yup me too read about the hardware article...its sad that one of the initial flagship windows phones doesnt have much on hardware terms...btw tethering is possible through the em app...you can search through xda to do it...but hidden networks i doubt anymore...dont think they will be releasing a new firmware anytime soon

blackrose4all@yahoo.com
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy No more updates

seems like there isn't going to be any udpate dell discontinued the phone.