Forums Added for the Oppo R5, Oppo N3, and Xiaomi Redmi Note

Just yesterday, Oppo unveiled a pair of rather unique smartphones, the Oppo … more

How to Play Music From Android Wear – XDA TV

Yesterday, we showed you how to do some advanced things with your Moto 360 quite easily … more

Google Updates Play Games, Wallet, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drive, Google+, and Camera

While we haven’t really had much in the way of … more

Google Execs Talk to Ars About Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is right around the corner, and it’s expected to hit AOSP … more

[Q] Anyone able to access hidden wifi networks?

OP nutnithin

27th September 2011, 10:49 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag ajman
Thanks Meter: 1

55 posts
More
have been using mango for a month now...and then got the mango update today..still noticed that cant connect to hidden wifi networks...can anyone else connect?i read in a post that you can connect to them in mango by going to the wifi setttings page and pressing advanced where an add option would be available...cant seem to get it...
28th September 2011, 03:55 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutnithin

have been using mango for a month now...and then got the mango update today..still noticed that cant connect to hidden wifi networks...can anyone else connect?i read in a post that you can connect to them in mango by going to the wifi setttings page and pressing advanced where an add option would be available...cant seem to get it...

Same question here. I can not find the tethering fuction either.
28th September 2011, 05:02 PM   |  #3  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 15

185 posts
More
I can't seem to find it either. The guy in this link thinks that the option is enabled by firmware.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...08&postcount=5

If no-one with a DVP can access this setting, it's possible Dell may not have enabled this yet in the firmware.
28th September 2011, 05:04 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Flag ajman

55 posts
More
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicsquid

I can't seem to find it either. The guy in this link thinks that the option is enabled by firmware.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...08&postcount=5

If no-one with a DVP can access this setting, it's possible Dell may not have enabled this yet in the firmware.

thats bad!!!!!!!!!!!! was one of those features i was waiting for....maybe in a future update but i doubt it....
28th September 2011, 05:22 PM   |  #5  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 15

185 posts
More
This article seems to confirm it:
http://www.wpcentral.com/tethering-h...where-art-thou

Hope Dell will be working on some firmware updates
5th October 2011, 05:10 PM   |  #6  

3 posts
Unhappy
Most unfortunate update(Mango). After all the hype the features are incomplete.
Now I am feeling sorry that I ever bought Samsung Focus.
21st December 2011, 09:45 PM   |  #7  
Flag Houston, TX

2 posts
More
No + Sign
Bought one unlocked for 300$, has the mango udpate, but no + sign for Hidden n/w's. It sure is painful, there is no point using data plan while in office/home. any idea when is the next update coming?
22nd December 2011, 08:31 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 3

9 posts
More
I recall reading something about the version of a certain piece of hardware Dell choose to include in the phone. The particular chip (Qualcomm I believe) doesn't allow for broadcasting of N band wireless networks and doesn't enable recognition of hidden WiFi networks, thus no tethering and only public wireless networks for now. Again this is just what I've seen her and there so don't quote me on it haha.
I've heard talk about a firmware work-around despite hardware limitations so there is some hope, but I'm not going to get my hopes up for now.

Sent from my Venue Pro using XDA Windows Phone 7 App
The Following User Says Thank You to MisterPhilleh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd December 2011, 03:51 AM   |  #9  
OP Member
Flag ajman

55 posts
More
yup me too read about the hardware article...its sad that one of the initial flagship windows phones doesnt have much on hardware terms...btw tethering is possible through the em app...you can search through xda to do it...but hidden networks i doubt anymore...dont think they will be releasing a new firmware anytime soon
25th April 2012, 09:40 PM   |  #10  
Flag Houston, TX

2 posts
More
Unhappy No more updates
seems like there isn't going to be any udpate dell discontinued the phone.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread