Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara: Modified Android L and Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and software enthusiasts. The … more

[Wifi Sharing] Do we have it/is it being worked on?

28th September 2011, 12:24 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25

329 posts
This is something I really miss from my HTC Diamond. I was wondering if someone is working on it, or if someone has something working and I just haven't heard about it. Enlighten us here.

[Sprint HTC Arrive]
3rd October 2011, 04:12 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 7

182 posts
Would love to have it as well

Sprint Arrive here as well
5th October 2011, 04:14 PM   |  #3  
Flag Austin
Thanks Meter: 1

59 posts
More
Only if you have a .dev or dreamspark account that will allow you to sideload xaps. It is possible that ansar or another GoldC rom creator could add the cert from another party that would then allow interop unlock from Heathcliff. I don't believe there's any other possibility at this point.

The GoldC unlock isn't taking any priority & last I heard DFT doesn't even have one to work on. However, it does appear that many are looking for what would result in an across the board unlock/root method.
Last edited by -Enkidu-; 5th October 2011 at 04:18 PM.
5th October 2011, 06:46 PM   |  #4  
Flag Boston, MA
Thanks Meter: 17

52 posts
More
ive got dreamspark. is there a guide or a package to sideload that you can point me to?
5th October 2011, 09:17 PM   |  #5  
Flag Austin

59 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Enkidu-

Only if you have a .dev or dreamspark account that will allow you to sideload xaps. It is possible that ansar or another GoldC rom creator could add the cert from another party that would then allow interop unlock from Heathcliff. I don't believe there's any other possibility at this point.

The GoldC unlock isn't taking any priority & last I heard DFT doesn't even have one to work on. However, it does appear that many are looking for what would result in an across the board unlock/root method.

I may have been wrong, it is not on the list:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1280623

However, I assumed this guide would work & thought I read someone with an Arrive had it running:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1233612

Another Link which states HTC devices:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1238519

Please let us know if it works for you.
Last edited by -Enkidu-; 6th October 2011 at 04:45 PM.
6th October 2011, 11:25 PM   |  #6  
Flag Detroit Mi
Thanks Meter: 9

231 posts
More
Maybe someone can chime in if Im wrong but I think we're f#cked for the time being.

To have the official ICS in mango you have to edit the registry and have the HTC driver. (I believe after alot of reading that the HTC driver is in the update after mango)

But if you install that HTC update you are interop locked (heathcliff posted that)

If you're interop locked you cant edit the registry to get ICS working

So the only hope is ansar's new dfrouter app
i asked him specifically if it works on a cdma device because even though I got the HTC android drivers to install and recognize the arrive, the modem would not connect (it just appears to dial out) Ofcourse that was with dfrouter and not ansars new app but he verified what I thought that the difference between the gprs and cdma radios is why it doesnt work.

I just want to tether wifi tethering would be nice but any kind of tethering would make me happy.

Also someone posted on ppcgeeks that when they called sprint about hotspot tethering they said it would not be a supported feature on the phone, so sprint is out and its up to xda

So as far as I can see 1 of 2 things need to happen
Heathcliff figures out how to interop HTC devices after the HTC update
Ansar gets his app working on cdma devices
6th October 2011, 11:57 PM   |  #7  
Flag Austin

59 posts
More
That sounds right. Except I thought if you're dev/dreamspark unlocked you can sideload xaps that will allow you to interop unlock, load root tools, add the prov xml(s) or reg keys & voila, USB ics.
7th October 2011, 03:33 AM   |  #8  
Flag Detroit Mi

231 posts
More
I thought to use root tools you needed to be interop unlocked?

I have a dev account and im still on nodo.
I dont have access to a windows 7 pc very often but id try anything to get this working.
---------------------
Unfortunately I was right about root tools but you did give me an idea, I'll pm heathcliff and see what I can come up with
Last edited by jaygriggs; 7th October 2011 at 03:20 PM. Reason: idea
7th October 2011, 09:29 PM   |  #9  
Flag Detroit Mi

231 posts
More
After rereading the 60page thread on the built in ICS it appears the HTC update does not include the needed drivers for the built in ICS
The only known HTC rom to have them is the HTC Mozart 5.01 rom
I'm gonna look at the new sprint demo rom that got uploaded yesterday and see if they're there but I doubt it.
Sooooo I guess we need to wait for someone to package the driver up in a xap or something

Without the driver it will show up in settings but wont connect
The Following User Says Thank You to jaygriggs For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th October 2011, 04:10 PM   |  #10  
Flag Austin

59 posts
More
I'm glad you checked jaygriggs. I read that the Arrive driver was an issue but thought that the mango update resolved it. Thanks for clarifying that issue as unresolved.

Someone on this arrive forum found & posted a modem driver that was supposedly compatible with the arrive @ one point. I will post the link when I find it...

...Ha! you posted the driver:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1014234&page=2
Last edited by -Enkidu-; 10th October 2011 at 09:46 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread