Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,353 Members 39,312 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Should I do an Aircrack Tutorial?
Yes, please show my the h4xr way! 36 85.71%
No, I'm already a 1337 h4xr and can pwn at will! 2 4.76%
Shouldn't you excuse yourself before you Aircrack? 4 9.52%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

[MOD][ICS] Tiamat Backtrack 5 with Aircrack - Sniff This! - ICS Update 2/7/12

Tip us?

bigrushdog
Old
(Last edited by bigrushdog; 11th April 2012 at 09:16 PM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 6,071

DONATE TO ME
Default [MOD][ICS] Tiamat Backtrack 5 with Aircrack - Sniff This! - ICS Update 2/7/12

AOSP Kernels for HTC's 8x50, 7x30, and 8x60 Devices
Also available for the Motorola Xoom
After much testing, developing, and debugging, Team Tiamat Xoom is proud to present Backtrack 5 with Aircrack for Motorola Xoom! Backtrack 5 is a Linux Distro designed specifically for Information Security (InfoSec) professionals. Aircrack is a software suite for wireless network vulnerability and penetration testing (pentest). We are very excited that we have been able to unify Backtrack, Aircrack, and the Xoom to produce a robust, unified, and mobile security solution.
Quote:
UPDATE 1/31/12: I'm putting fresh links up do to popular demand. I no longer support this project except in the context of producing an ICS 2.6.39 kernel with compat wireless capabilities. Don't ask when I'll have the kernel. I'll let you know when i have it.
Quote:
Resources for Honeycomb
Link for the BT5 Image Installer Here
Link for the kernel with modules here
Quote:
UPDATE 2/7/12: Updated to ICS version with 2.6.39.4 rtl8187 driver. Shortly, I'll post a kernel with all supported USB Wireless drivers. If you don't know what this is, don't download it. I am not babysitting this thread. However, if you have an intelligent question, I'm sure some of the more motivated users may be able to help.
Download Backtrack 5 for Xoom ICS
Download ICS Xoom Development Overlay rev 4 which contains the needed kernel and various BT5 scripts
Download Backtrack 5 Flashable Zip Remover Tool much love and credit to Iruiz2!
Please be advised: The purpose of this thread is to release the Tiamat Xoom Backtrack 5 with Aircrack Expansion Pack. It is also to advance the Android implementation of this suite, along with discussion of drivers, dongles, and other aspects AS IT PERTAINS TO ANDROID. This is not the thread for asking about how to use the software suite. There are countless sources on the internet on which to find information about using the software suite. Also, due to the nature of this software, it may be a violation of XDA policy to discuss certain aspects of vulnerability testing, network penetration, and the like. I will personally follow up with XDA Moderation to determine what is fair game and what it not. Upon receiving guidance from moderation, I will open a thread in the Xoom General section for sharing scripts, tips, strategies, etc.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to bigrushdog For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bigrushdog
Old
(Last edited by bigrushdog; 22nd March 2012 at 11:48 AM.)
Thanks Meter 6,071

DONATE TO ME
Tiamat Xoom Moray BT5 Power User Expansion Pack

DEPRICATED -- Use the development overlay in the Tegra Hardware and Feature Implementation thread or just download in the above post.

Tiamat Xoom Rom users who use the Backtrack 5 package should be able to flash rom upgrades on not skip a beat! Simply flash this expansion pack over your Tiamat Xoom Moray rom update to keep backtrack running and add functionality.

RELEASE PAGE

HIGHLIGHTS
  • Dynamic BCM4329 MAC address change script
  • Modules for virtually every usb wifi dongle out there
  • bt5.img mount and unmount script for easy file access
  • mount symlinked to android root for easy file access
  • bt5 script in /xbin for easy chroot shell access
  • ftdi_sio.ko, pl2303.ko, and pegasus.ko for the guys over on the Xoom General board (see, I remember )
  • NEW BT5 Script and Resource Flash Zip tool
  • tcpdump
  • And, of course, Tiamat Tachi 2.1 stock gpu kernel
  • This pack replaces the wifi-fix download

bigrushdog
Old
(Last edited by bigrushdog; 29th September 2011 at 09:10 AM.)
Thanks Meter 6,071

DONATE TO ME
Tools

ConnectBot for Honeycomb
Grab it here . Much credit and thanks to arctu for putting this together. You can have many shells open and easily access them for processing jobs

bluedragon1982
Old
Thanks Meter 18

DONATE TO ME
Awesome

Will your MOD also work with an VNC Client like "BackTrack 5 ARM (with GUI via TightVNCServer)" from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1074723 ?
Device: HTC Dream (G1)
ROM: CM6.1 Nightly for G1/MT3G
Recovery: Clockwork Recovery
SPL: 1.33.2005 Haykuro DangerSPL
--
Device: HTC Google Nexus One
ROM: CM7.1
Recovery: RA-passion-v2.2.1
--
Device: Motorola Xoom MZ601
[ROM: TeamEOS 3
--
Device: Samsung Galaxy S3
ROM: CM 10.1 nightly
--
Device: GooPhone i5 N2 QHD
ROM: Pure ICS
--
if you like my posts feel free to by me a RedBull

alias_neo
Old
Thanks Meter 203
Default Nice

My, you have been busy! Nice work.
Storage Ether Widget - Storage Widget for Android phones and tablets.

kevdog
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Nice work --

I'm wondering if users can contribute specific dongles that support monitoring mode with packet injection. I've only used pcmcia cards for monitoring mode. I'm also aware different chipsets seem to perform better than others. I've had good look with the atheros (mad_wifi driver) and broadcom (b43 driver) cards, however I'm aware usb dongles may contain different chipsets. If users could contribute whats working it would be great.

bigrushdog
Old
Thanks Meter 6,071

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevdog View Post
Nice work --

I'm wondering if users can contribute specific dongles that support monitoring mode with packet injection. I've only used pcmcia cards for monitoring mode. I'm also aware different chipsets seem to perform better than others. I've had good look with the atheros (mad_wifi driver) and broadcom (b43 driver) cards, however I'm aware usb dongles may contain different chipsets. If users could contribute whats working it would be great.
Sup kevdog. Ya, that would be perfect. In fact I got 2 OP spots to update with that info. Personally, I have an Alfa and a Netgear dongle and both work well. The Alfa works great. If users could post confirmed working dongles with a link to purchase, that could be useful. Also, I know Solarnz has a dlink that works. However, that dongle required additional firmware to be installed inside the BT image. I haven't addressed firmware yet, but this is an open-ended project in which community involvement is welcome.

bigrushdog
Old
Thanks Meter 6,071

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedragon1982 View Post
Awesome

Will your MOD also work with an VNC Client like "BackTrack 5 ARM (with GUI via TightVNCServer)" from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1074723 ?
I'm not sure. We used the stock BT5 ARM distro as a base. So if tightvncserver is included, it should. If not, you can always dpkg -i it. Keep in mind, we see no use for vnc in this enviroment and will not be supporting it. This is all shell sir , the way a good pentest enviro should be

bluedragon1982
Old
Thanks Meter 18

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrushdog View Post
I'm not sure. We used the stock BT5 ARM distro as a base. So if tightvncserver is included, it should. If not, you can always dpkg -i it. Keep in mind, we see no use for vnc in this enviroment and will not be supporting it. This is all shell sir , the way a good pentest enviro should be
The link i posted, is based of "ARM with Gnome" so there is a gui. I dont know if your version also has a gui.

All i know is that vncserver is a part of BT5.

Sent from my Nexus One using xda premium
Device: HTC Dream (G1)
ROM: CM6.1 Nightly for G1/MT3G
Recovery: Clockwork Recovery
SPL: 1.33.2005 Haykuro DangerSPL
--
Device: HTC Google Nexus One
ROM: CM7.1
Recovery: RA-passion-v2.2.1
--
Device: Motorola Xoom MZ601
[ROM: TeamEOS 3
--
Device: Samsung Galaxy S3
ROM: CM 10.1 nightly
--
Device: GooPhone i5 N2 QHD
ROM: Pure ICS
--
if you like my posts feel free to by me a RedBull

dascope
Old
Thanks Meter 0
My wifi is broken after installing the zip file via CWM. Shows 'Error' under Wifi in the settings. Any ideas? Do I *need* a dongle to use this add-on?
DaScope

Motorola Xoom Wifi - Rooted, Unlocked, Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3, AOSP
Bell Motorola Atrix 4G - Rooted, Unlocked, Gingerbread 2.3.7, CyanogenMod7.1

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe