Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] huawei ideos x5 PRO ROMS

OP cnv17

28th September 2011, 02:21 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
im buying the pro version today, and i want to know the compatibility of roms with this device. (diferent snapdragon cpu version)

did any1 try to flash the new device with the custom roms from the original development section?

I just wish to have miui on it
28th September 2011, 03:41 PM   |  #2  
Flag Utena
Thanks Meter: 5

8 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnv17

im buying the pro version today, and i want to know the compatibility of roms with this device. (diferent snapdragon cpu version)

did any1 try to flash the new device with the custom roms from the original development section?

I just wish to have miui on it

+1 here

u8800pro also have BCM4329 wifi solution instead of qualcomm libra one
28th September 2011, 04:58 PM   |  #3  
Flag Orel
Thanks Meter: 1

9 posts
I have one. I tryed to flash it with official rom and I bricked it. It was my fault. Now I can't recover it. Any suggestions? In every mode it vibrates and nothing happens. Purple screen doesn't work, recovery mode doesn't work, flashing mode doesn't work.
28th September 2011, 05:35 PM   |  #4  
Flag Utena
Thanks Meter: 5

8 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexxxterito

Purple screen doesn't work.

without pink mode u f***ed up
25th October 2011, 10:42 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 4

17 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexxxterito

I have one. I tryed to flash it with official rom and I bricked it. It was my fault. Now I can't recover it. Any suggestions? In every mode it vibrates and nothing happens. Purple screen doesn't work, recovery mode doesn't work, flashing mode doesn't work.

i had bricked mine also. i live in russia but im not russian hardly i could find a tech service coz i cant speak russian. they are going to run jtag on my phone they were asking for rom or something like that. finally i have found a u8800 pro rom on xda. tomorrow i'll se what will happen. and i can share all my experince with it

edit: the guy who was going to run jtag on my phone in moscow now and he'll be back only on 11th of december.. unfortunatelly i'll wait or i'll try to contact with an official service center in other cities. the problem is i can not find any official service center even in other cities
Last edited by dummy decoy; 27th October 2011 at 12:17 PM.
8th December 2011, 06:12 PM   |  #6  
Flag Cochabamba
Thanks Meter: 24

209 posts
I can access to the pink screen, but i don't have the image folder... can somebody help me?? i have a big problem if i cant fix it.. it reboots every 80 seconds with the unfinished root image file.. if someone can give me the original one for 2.3.5 pleeeeaaaseee send i to miko_10mg@hotmail.com i really need it, im having a hard time trying to fix it.. help..!
9th December 2011, 04:58 PM   |  #7  
Flag Arkham
Thanks Meter: 9

59 posts
More
You need different ROMs compared to u8800, as some people discovered (rather painfully). So far, there are 4 ROM options. Stock ROM options include the stock 2.2, the stock 2.3 (no problems as with the 2.3 for the u8800), however they both suck performance wise.

Then there's a MIUI port which I couldn't even get to install on my device and finally comes cyanogenmod which is the best option so far and the one I'd recommend (you will see a tremendous difference in the performance of the UI).

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ideos x5 pro, u8800 pro
Previous Thread Next Thread