XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] huawei ideos x5 PRO ROMS

Tip us?

cnv17
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] huawei ideos x5 PRO ROMS

im buying the pro version today, and i want to know the compatibility of roms with this device. (diferent snapdragon cpu version)

did any1 try to flash the new device with the custom roms from the original development section?

I just wish to have miui on it

voiceofdeath
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnv17 View Post
im buying the pro version today, and i want to know the compatibility of roms with this device. (diferent snapdragon cpu version)

did any1 try to flash the new device with the custom roms from the original development section?

I just wish to have miui on it
+1 here

u8800pro also have BCM4329 wifi solution instead of qualcomm libra one

dexxxterito
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I have one. I tryed to flash it with official rom and I bricked it. It was my fault. Now I can't recover it. Any suggestions? In every mode it vibrates and nothing happens. Purple screen doesn't work, recovery mode doesn't work, flashing mode doesn't work.

voiceofdeath
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexxxterito View Post
Purple screen doesn't work.
without pink mode u f***ed up

dummy decoy
Old
(Last edited by dummy decoy; 27th October 2011 at 11:17 AM.)
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexxxterito View Post
I have one. I tryed to flash it with official rom and I bricked it. It was my fault. Now I can't recover it. Any suggestions? In every mode it vibrates and nothing happens. Purple screen doesn't work, recovery mode doesn't work, flashing mode doesn't work.
i had bricked mine also. i live in russia but im not russian hardly i could find a tech service coz i cant speak russian. they are going to run jtag on my phone they were asking for rom or something like that. finally i have found a u8800 pro rom on xda. tomorrow i'll se what will happen. and i can share all my experince with it

edit: the guy who was going to run jtag on my phone in moscow now and he'll be back only on 11th of december.. unfortunatelly i'll wait or i'll try to contact with an official service center in other cities. the problem is i can not find any official service center even in other cities

mikii100297
Old
Thanks Meter 24
I can access to the pink screen, but i don't have the image folder... can somebody help me?? i have a big problem if i cant fix it.. it reboots every 80 seconds with the unfinished root image file.. if someone can give me the original one for 2.3.5 pleeeeaaaseee send i to miko_10mg@hotmail.com i really need it, im having a hard time trying to fix it.. help..!

Doctor Who
Old
Thanks Meter 9
You need different ROMs compared to u8800, as some people discovered (rather painfully). So far, there are 4 ROM options. Stock ROM options include the stock 2.2, the stock 2.3 (no problems as with the 2.3 for the u8800), however they both suck performance wise.

Then there's a MIUI port which I couldn't even get to install on my device and finally comes cyanogenmod which is the best option so far and the one I'd recommend (you will see a tremendous difference in the performance of the UI).

Tags
ideos x5 pro, u8800 pro