Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,336 Members 37,415 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to root Galaxy Tab P1000 GingerBread 2.3.3

Tip us?

casmirf
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Exclamation How to root Galaxy Tab P1000 GingerBread 2.3.3

I`m sorry if I open another thread of how to root galaxy tab , but I`m trying to ask about another way to root galaxy tab running gingerbread 2.3.3 besides using odin to flash chainfire kernel , thus using custom root method. Is there another way ? Another simple way , like a simple apk to run like gingerbreak (that does not work) or superoneclick (that still does not work) ... u get the point. Waiting for replay`s and please if u want to give a replay , don`t just post if u want to rant or complain about another thread about root. I want to ask if there is a possible way to root ur tab with a simple apk and if not if u can remove root after u used odin with chainfire. Thank you and have a nice day .

kamisheikh
Old
Thanks Meter 4
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=812367

casmirf
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Fail ... I said for 2.3.3 GingerBread not Froyo

casmirf
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I tried again , it freezes at step 6 so does it mean that it doesn`t work ? HELL YEAH!

casmirf
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Srsly no one can give me an answer ? Or an ideea or smth ?

rangercaptain
Old
Thanks Meter 1,671
The chainfire kernel is the only root method for all stock gingerbread roms. Overcome preroots their rom.

papo
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Yes it's difficult to find this answer here.
You need this, google it
Google_Android_Tablet_Gingerbred_2.3.3_Rooting_fil es.rar

Use odin 1.7, should be included
Don't do repartition, don't add pit files, even if they are included.
You win not loose data by doing this. Should not.

There is NO space in that filename. It shows wrongly to me here

casmirf
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Again , sorry to be a nag , but I already said it in the 1st post , I asked if there is another way to root gtab 2.3.3 without using odin or if u use odin if there is a way to unroot. Please take that into consideration when u post please ... Thank you , and again ... sorry to be a nag.

papo
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Sorry for wasting your time by writing my insufficient answer.
The mistake is mine of course. I should have took more time to read and to properly understand your needs and probably do the google search to find the direct link.
Maybe you shouldn't stop just by being upset and blaming us for answering you incorrectly.
Complain to andministrators, they should do something about it.
Anyway, for others reading this threat, there is an answer to this question.
You will find it out right after you do what i wrote in previous post.
That is put that string in google.
Will try to remember not to answer your posts anymore. And once again, sorry for wasting your time.

casmirf
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Really no point in doing that ... I asked a simple question and expected a simple and concise answer . Is that too much ? I didn`t said u wasted my time but if u ask smth and u answer with smth else what`s the point ? Did u said smth about unroot option ? Because I asked about this because there are some that might need to go with gtab to waranty and when they see root ? There is a point into the way I asked really , if u understood smth else I`m really sorry , but ur sarcasm sucks . Btw no everything u need is in need of a simple google search to find the direct link. That`s why I post here , where the questions are answered , BY PEOPLE THAT KNOW THEIR STUFF. Sry for the caps , abbrevations , and the attitude . Thank you and have a nice day/night to all.