Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,799 Members 38,154 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

*Bootloader Unlock Research* Cheesecake Clarification

Tip us?
 
johnlgalt
Old
#721  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 227
Posts: 947
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Atlanta
More than a few have installed it. With the 904 you can revert via FXZ to 902, and it also works for folks running ics roms.

Sent from my BIONIC running CM9 Self Kang via Tapatalk 2
 
rickatnight11
Old
#722  
rickatnight11's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 59
Posts: 206
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlgalt View Post
More than a few have installed it. With the 904 you can revert via FXZ to 902, and it also works for folks running ics roms.

Sent from my BIONIC running CM9 Self Kang via Tapatalk 2
Any idea what the changes are?
 
brainwash1
Old
#723  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 29
Posts: 149
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Rochester NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickatnight11 View Post
Any idea what the changes are?
+2

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2
 
johnlgalt
Old
#724  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 227
Posts: 947
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickatnight11 View Post
Any idea what the changes are?
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainwash1 View Post
+2

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2
http://www.droidhive.com/forums/inde...bionic-leaked/
 
projektorboy
Old
#725  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 90
Posts: 406
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainwash1 View Post
+2

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickatnight11 View Post
Any idea what the changes are?
The people in the Rootzwiki thread posted screenshots of the About section. Basically it comes down to tiny updates to the CDMA radio & kernel. Webtop and the LTE radio stayed the same. I personally don't see a need to have urgency towards 904.
 
waffleb051
Old
#726  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 215
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Redding
anyone looked into seeing if this will work on the Bionic?
http://www.eternityproject.eu/topic/...razr/#entry342
 
projektorboy
Old
#727  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 90
Posts: 406
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffleb051 View Post
anyone looked into seeing if this will work on the Bionic?
http://www.eternityproject.eu/topic/...razr/#entry342
Don't try it on the Bionic unless the devs come out with a Bionic specific version. There are enough differences between the hardware (especially the kernels) that that you could brick the hell out of your Bionic by trying it.
 
phydo
Old
#728  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 97
Posts: 494
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Lebanon, NJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by projektorboy View Post
Don't try it on the Bionic unless the devs come out with a Bionic specific version. There are enough differences between the hardware (especially the kernels) that that you could brick the hell out of your Bionic by trying it.
If there was a droid 3 version the daring could look at that. Honestly if I'd booted my bionic in the last 4 months I'd try changing it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Follow me on Twitter!

If you enjoy me, click thanks.
 
draexo
Old
#729  
draexo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 98
Posts: 802
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Myrtle Beach, SC , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpw2atox View Post
Last I saw you could still find leaks via cheesecake, however Motorola took steps to prevent us from being able to install them so I think a lot of people have just quit trying.
So is Bionic Cheesecaking alive? What is the deal? Should I bother?
 
Steve125
Old
#730  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 176
Join Date: Aug 2010
The 904 update was leaked via cheesecake a couple weeks ago on rootzwiki

Sent from my Eclipsed DROID BIONIC using xda premium

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes