Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,541 Members 54,065 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

2000mah Battery Options for AT&T Galaxy SII

Tip us?

Aquarianperry
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehavock18 View Post
I await to see how this plays out. I would love to have the larger battery

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using XDA App

I cancelled my order, the battery does fit but then the replacement back to go with the battery doesn't. Hopefully Samsung will put this kit out for the AT&T version .

MikeyMike01
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2,461

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarianperry View Post
I cancelled my order, the battery does fit but then the replacement back to go with the battery doesn't. Hopefully Samsung will put this kit out for the AT&T version .
I wonder if there's a non-Samsung door that will work.
Apple iPhone 5S
Google Nexus 5
Motorola Moto X
Nokia Lumia 521
Apple iPhone 5
Google Galaxy Nexus
Samsung Galaxy S II
Samsung Infuse 4G
Samsung Captivate

ExKreations
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I got this battery with a dock charger and it works fine but when I plug it in to anything (computer/usb or power/usb) it freezes the phone and makes it cycle the battery charging/phone off symbol while the battery(?) makes a very quiet clicky sound. Not good. So I started charging it on the dock (came with a spare battery charging slot) and carrying it as an extra. It works fine, just don't charge your precious AT&T Galaxy S2 with it.
I did the shot at this angle so you could see the contacts, I saw some mention of it. My bad on the upside-down hah.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20111005_170852.jpg
Views:	871
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	741695  

mcorrie1121
Old
Thanks Meter 24
All questions concerning an AT&T version seem to be ignored in the international version thread...has anyone found one that fits our version??
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyprior View Post
Really a educative and informative post, the post is good in all regards,I am glad to read this post.

Intratech
Old
Thanks Meter 4,505

DONATE TO ME
The 2000 mAh battery for the international Galaxy S 2 should work on the AT&T version since the back appears identical.
Need official GT-I9100 firmwares? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1075278
Need official GT-I9300 firmwares? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1671969

I don't want to help and provide tech support by PM. Please post on the forum so everyone can learn from each other

[/CENTER]

Monsterfox50
Old
Thanks Meter 5
the backs appear identical, however the international version is not NFC capable and therefore that battery will not be the same. but i agree that the I9100 thread seems to ignore any comments about the I777. wth.

dmunjal
Old
Thanks Meter 16
I just bought the 2000 mah batter from Ebay and it has the NFC label on it. Of course, I have the international version and it doesn't fit. For those that have the US version, PM me if you'd like to buy it. I'm in the SF Bay Area, CA.

ngocdao
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExKreations View Post
I got this battery with a dock charger and it works fine but when I plug it in to anything (computer/usb or power/usb) it freezes the phone and makes it cycle the battery charging/phone off symbol while the battery(?) makes a very quiet clicky sound. Not good. So I started charging it on the dock (came with a spare battery charging slot) and carrying it as an extra. It works fine, just don't charge your precious AT&T Galaxy S2 with it.
I did the shot at this angle so you could see the contacts, I saw some mention of it. My bad on the upside-down hah.
Same damn thing happens to mines ugh....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda premium
Sharks only bite when you touch their private parts.

DinoB12
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I just posted about the extended battery I recieved yesterday. It is a 2600MAH battery from a company called TruCell. I took a risk because they were the only company I found on the web selling a battery specifically for the AT&T model. Funny on Ebay it said for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2 but whe I look at the battery it says for the I9100. In any case the battery and the case fits perfectly. Phone is heavy as all get out but If It gives me an extra 4 to 5 hours of heavy use then I am perfectly fine with it.

frankiedizzle87
Old
Thanks Meter 18
what did that monster cost you???

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda premium