ULTRA KEYBOARD has many features designed to give you a better Android keyboard experience.
Only $2.49 on Google Play! There is a free (48 hour) demo available.
Look for us on AndroidPIT too, if you prefer (they accept PayPal!).
Choose your favorite way to type.
Touch-type like usual, or combine adjacent keys into COMPACT KEYS so they're easier to press. Slide your finger over words using WORD TRACING (instead of touching each individual letter).
The SUGGESTION BAR is smart and easy to use.
Choose words with just one swipe, even if they're not visible at first. A built-in English LANGUAGE DICTIONARY is included (and many other languages are available for download). Add new words to your personal CUSTOM DICTIONARY. BLACK LIST words you don't want to show up anymore.
Use WORD REPLACEMENTS to automatically expand abbreviations.
Tired of always typing "be right there"? Try "brt". You can even create your own.
The TOOL BAR provides a ton of functionality in a small amount of space.
You can scroll, drag, or flick through the available buttons.
Use SPEECH-TO-TEXT to transform your spoken words into text.
TRANSLATE your text to dozens of different languages.
CUT, COPY, and PASTE with a built-in CLIPBOARD.
Text you copy is saved so you can access it later. Remove anything you don't want to keep.
FULL-SCREEN MODE provides TEXT SELECTION HANDLES and a MAGNIFIER.
Accurately select portions of text to edit or copy.
The CHARACTER MAP makes more Unicode characters accessible.
Set up your own list of favorites for easy access. Includes Emoji on Android 4.1 devices.
Use the CAMERA OVERLAY* to see where you're going.
Watch what's in front of you while you type on the go. (* Android 2.3 or newer only.)
Create custom ACTIONS triggered by GESTURES or device buttons.
Want to swipe left to delete the previous word? Want your device's search button to activate the camera overlay? Do all this and more.
A DYNAMIC UI means you can customize the keyboard so it's perfect for you.
Are the keys too tall for your liking? Make them shorter. Don't like the ARROW KEYS? Hide them. Many things can be tweaked directly from the tool bar.
Change the keyboard's look with downloadable THEMES.
You can use the built-in THEME EDITOR to create your own themes, or customize existing themes with your chosen fonts and colors. You can even use themes designed for other keyboards!
- Crashes involving the clipboard feature
- Lag when updating the suggestion bar
- Activity stack state issues when visiting settings/help from keyboard/tool bar
- Regression preventing lock screens from working
- Problems with new word list interface
- Clipboard tool wasn't honoring max entry setting
- Customizable actions for long pressing modifier keys
- Show the current dictionary on the space bar when multiple dictionaries are installed
- A Done button in the full-screen editor
- New interface for word lists (custom dictionary, replacements, clipboard entries, black list)
- Made tool bar smoother and more predictable
- The original suggestions are restored when undoing a selected traced word
- Made it easier to cancel popup keyboards by dragging away from them
- Only made certain dialogs transparent (the tool bar's Themes button for example)
- Palette overlay in color picker didn't work
- Character Map font color was wrong for light themes
- The Done button didn't always dismiss the keyboard
- Fixed crashes
- "Character Map" feature (with Emoji for 4.1+ devices)
- "Show Watermark" setting
- Improved word tracing
- Suggestion bar location was too low on 4.4 tablets
- Couldn't always type in URL fields after tracing a word
- Backspace didn't always work with selected text on 4.1+
- Couldn't undo word corrections in some instances
- Disabling "Typing->Capitalize Sentences" didn't work
- Shift key wasn't always being updated after turning screen back on
- Jumpy tool bar popup text
- Fixed crashes on older versions of Android
- Cursor position was sometimes incorrect when correcting existing words
- Non-lowercase blacklisted words didn't persist
- Backspace deleted recently pasted text even after typing
- Previews could get stuck if keys were pressed as the keyboard was closing
- Enter key long-press "take the default action" didn't work correctly
- Position wasn't saved after a scroll
- Emotes didn't show properly on certain versions of Android
- Cursor handles/magnifier could get stuck showing after leaving full-screen
- Sentence capitalization didn't always work
- Editor text didn't always get cleared when sending messages
- Forced status bar to be shown when the keyboard is showing (avoids positioning issues)
- Added direct app links to Facebook and Twitter profiles
- Improved accuracy and speed (especially while tracing)
- Undoing a suggestion sometimes mangled the text
- Backspace deleted too many characters at times
- Expanding the bar no longer steals focus from the current app
- Fixed capitals and symbols for shell/remote access apps
- Prevented arrow keys from being triggered while typing
- Improved popup key animations
- Fixed "Take the default action" behavior
- Line break wasn't working on Android 4.3
- Added "General->Show Automatically" setting
- Worked around Android 4.3 clipboard crash
- Popups (key previews, magnifiers, cursor handles) could get stuck on-screen
- Tool bar item text size was too small for certain screen sizes
- Increased heap size for extra-high-resolution screens
- Crash fixes
- Enter key regressions (can't get past security/password lock; "Insert Line Break" broken)
- Various crashes
- Any selected text can be shifted
- "Show/Hide Suggestions" action
- Hidden characters on dedicated digit keys
- Set default menu action to "none"
- Theme names up to 32 characters
- Updated key sounds
- Editor button issues
- Suggestions close when toggling full-screen mode
- Compact popup keys close incorrectly
- Compact alpha layout issues
- Suggestion text size for small bar heights
- Selected theme not migrated from demo
- Inconsistencies in settings
- Issue deleting characters on Galaxy devices
- Various crashes
- Full-screen mode
- New tracing animation
- Physical key actions
- Improved camera mode (with front-facing support)
- New theme styles
- Got rid of HUGE memory leak. Memory usage will be much lower now.
- Many crash fixes.
- LOTS MORE! Way too many to list here.