[Android 1.5+] Ultra Keyboard 6.6
Only $2.49 on Google Play! There is also a free (48 hour) trial available.
Ultra Keyboard is an advanced touch-screen keyboard, with many features geared towards giving you a better Android keyboard experience.
Ultra's tool bar provides a ton of features in a tight space. Flick the tool bar left or right to scroll through the available buttons. Quickly change many settings, navigate through text, cut and paste, change dictionaries, change themes, insert emoticons, and more. Show or hide the tool bar by pressing your device's menu button.
Ultra supports many keyboard themes available from the market, both free and paid. Quickly switch between themes using the tool bar. You can also use Ultra's built-in theme editor to create your own themes, or edit existing ones. Don't like a theme's font? Change it!
Like most keyboards, Ultra suggests words while you type. The suggestions box is designed to be smart, fast, and easy to use, with many unique features. Add custom words to your personal dictionary. Long-press a word, and you can black-list it so it doesn't show up in the suggestions.
Ultra comes with a built-in English language dictionary, but there are other dictionaries available that you can download right from the keyboard.
Type "brb" to quickly type "be right back". There are many built-in replacements, and you can add your own.
Ultra can combine keys so they're easier to press, similar to Blackberry™ phones. For devices that don't have a track pad or built-in navigation, there are arrow keys that let you quickly move the cursor. Easily make the keys taller or shorter.
For devices with multi-touch-capable screens, you can press multiple keys at once. Quickly enter a capital letter by sliding your finger from the shift key. Slide your finger from the view key to enter numbers or symbols.
You won't have to change views just to enter a single number. Hold down certain keys to quickly access secondary and hidden characters.
Have you heard of that popular keyboard that lets you swipe your finger over words, instead of typing each letter? Ultra can do that too.
Speak to Ultra Keyboard. It uses Google's web-based service to transform your spoken words (and punctuation) into text.
Quickly translate your text to dozens of languages.
Activate your camera to see where you're going while you text your friends.
Almost everything in Ultra is customizable. Want to show more suggestions? You can. Don't use a few of the tool bar buttons? Remove them.
Please, if you need to report issues or bugs with Ultra Keyboard, submit an issue report at binarybulge.com. It allows us to respond and fix problems more quickly. Thanks!
· Fixed major crash on Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean+).
· Improved height adjustment feature.
· Increased space bar width on non-compact layouts.
· Added a gap between the main and arrow keys in landscape.
· Spaced out the phone view keys.
· Improved performance and bug fixes.
· Fixed suggestions not updating on Android 3.0+ devices when the tool bar was hidden.
· Fixed menu button show/hide tool bar feature (which was broken in 6.5).
· Added custom Key Previews theme support.
· Added new Android 3.0-style emote icons (and theme support).
· Fixed back button behavior when showing all suggestions.
· Fixed back button closing the keyboard entirely instead of only the suggestions bar.
· Improved gesture sensitivity.
· Enabled key previews and sound, disabled vibration by default.
· Fixed crash with compact key previews in tap mode.
· Fixed capitalization issue when using multitouch.
· Added "Typing Protection/Enable" setting.
· Disabled by default.
· Added "Allowed Text Fields" setting.
· Added ability to enable suggestions for text fields that request them to be disabled.
· Fixed capitalization issue.
· Added fade out animation.
· Added theme sound set options.
· Set the sound source to system media by default.
Tool Bar/Keyboard Settings:
· Added "Typing Protection".
· Added "Feedback/Key Previews".
· Improved clipboard performance for Android 3.0+ (using a listener instead of polling).
· Fixed "Google Voice Typing" speech support for 4.1 (Jelly Bean).
· Fixed laggy scrolling on settings dialog windows.
· Improved performance and bug fixes.
· Fixed landscape arrow key issues.
· Added ability to use Google Voice Input for speech-to-text (Android 4.0 and newer).
· Other minor fixes.
· Fixed capitalization issues.
· Hitting backspace to revert a correction, then typing space again, now inserts the word without correcting it.
· Changing orientation should now be slightly faster.
· Fixed crashes.
· Disabled built-in text selection handles and action menu.
· Made scroll arrows darker.
· Missing text cursor in full-screen editor.
· Speech-to-text auto-space behavior (and added a setting to disable it).
· Soft keyboard popping up when using a physical keyboard.
· Fixed crash when hitting enter key on a physical keyboard.
· Fixed issue where you couldn't type in certain text fields (such as when adding a custom word).
· Quicker loading across orientation changes.
· Fixed incorrect color chooser layout when changing orientation.
· Fixed color palette positioning issues.
· Fixed scrolling and performance issues.
· Fixed incorrect item position after changing the theme.
· Better handling for sudden motion "jumps" on certain touch screens (increased accuracy!).
· Space bar now registers on release, not press.
· Added Gestures as a typing protection component.
· When speech to text support is not found.
· Improved dialog windows.
· Fixed hidden (hard to see) result text for translations and speech to text.
· Cleaned up UI inconsistencies.
· Fixed notification icon for Cupcake/Donut.
· Improved UI theme support (settings->Themes->UI).
· Black Theme by default on Gingerbread or older; Holo Black for newer devices.
· Improved suggestion bar performance.
· Adding a custom word or replacement via the tool bar.
· Going up one directory while at the root directory in the Backup/Reset file chooser.
· Accessing Typing settings on devices older than 2.0/Eclair.
· Loading fonts in the theme chooser on devices older than 2.0/Eclair.
· Now using the Holo theme for devices using 3.0/Honeycomb, 4.0/ICS, or newer.
· Tweaked the UI in various areas (and cleaned up any inconsistencies).
· Added new minimal icons (can be set in themes under "General" and "Tool Bar").
· Fixed various crash issues.
· Added "Suggestions -> Shadow".
· Added "Tool Bar -> Shadow".
· Added "Keys -> Secondary Alignment".
· Now offers to make a new/modified theme active after saving.
· Made default invalid suggestion color slightly darker.
· Prevented bar from being dragged when trying to select a word.
· Fixed bar positioning issues.
· Fixed bar theme colors being ignored.
· Fixed modifier key shadow.
· Added targeted "View", "Layout", and "Dictionary" actions.
· Fixed various crashes.
· Fixed status icon size issues.
· Updated the v7 theme (thicker keys; color tweaks; Ubuntu font).
· Added a dark variation on the v7 theme (now the default).
· Added ability to change the fonts.
· Fixed problems with word layout/positioning.
· Fixed vertical scrolling not working.
· Improved camera overlay.
· Aligned secondary characters to the right.
· Fixed text positioning issues.
· Optimized graphics routines.
· Full-screen editor scroll arrows.
· Suggestions are no longer shown for words starting with digits by default (can be changed in settings).
· After switching from and back to Ultra, settings changes wouldn't update.
· Tool bar select button didn't work in full screen mode.
· Full-screen editor hint text wasn't properly aligned when zoomed.
· Modified v7 theme.
· Added "On Indicator" to themes.
· Various memory leaks.
· Got force-close when starting keyboard from landscape.
· Typing quickly would sometimes clobber previous text.
· A race condition while tracing sometimes caused A) a crash, or B) an incorrect trail.
· Deleting previous words wouldn't always clear the suggestion bar.
· Click to copy device ID in general settings caused force close for certain devices.
· Notification icon wasn't working correctly.
· Re-enabled ARMv7 optimizations.
· Fixed "Show Suggestions" setting.
· Fixed button click area issues.
· Fixed serious crash bug.
· Fixed shift key jitter while tracing words.
· Fixed issue where the trace path was being shown incorrectly.
· "Auto-space" (space after selected suggestion) and "Correct Punctuation" (period on double-space) now work when suggestions are disabled.
· Enabling tap mode no longer clobbers the previous text.
· New languages.
· Compact key tap timeout setting.
· Tool bar scroll arrows.
· Ability to theme floating suggestion bar.
· Incorrectly triggered nearby keys.
· Hidden/popup key issues.
· Capitalization issues.
· Duplicate suggestions.
· Certain characters didn't match words.
· Unknown typed word was not being shown.
· Improved suggestion bar appearance.
· Improved stock themes.
· Better third-party theme support.
· Improved stability and performance.
· Fixed native crash issue.
· Fixed word tracing lag.
· Native code fixes.
· Improved crash reporting.
· New defaults: sound=off, vibrate=on
· Fixed enter key issue with downloaded dictionaries.
· Increased performance and stability.
· Dictionary/tracing code completely rewritten.
· New theme features: can now stylize the suggestion bar.
· Almost too many fixes to count!
· Added an "Exit/Unload" option to the status bar menu.
· Fix: Word tracing crashes sometimes from native code.
· Fix: Certain black-listed words come back after restarts.
· Fix: Suggested words are incorrectly accepted when long-pressed.
· Fix: Suggested words stop working when editing a theme name.
· Fix: Suggested words stop showing at times, until the device is restarted.
· Fix: Clicking the status bar notification switches activities when the keyboard is open.
· Fixed compact suggestions not working when keyboard is first loaded.
· Fixed regressions (capitalization being ignored, full keyboard using compact suggestions).
· Added new built-in themes (Froyo, Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich).
· Added new "Recent Apps" tool bar button.
· Added "Translate" option to dictionary button.
· Fixed performance issues.
· Enabled tracing (portrait) and disabled compact keys by default.