Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,757 Members 47,296 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Need help w/CM7 and voice mail issues... What am I supposed to install? (Sprint)

Tip us?

OstrichSak
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 63

DONATE TO ME
Default Need help w/CM7 and voice mail issues... What am I supposed to install? (Sprint)

I flashed Cyanogenmod 7.1.0 on an Evo 4G on Sprint service and now I get text messages that say I need to call 408.970.0000 to get my VM. When I called it I got a recording about having a smart phone with SMS or something or another and I wasn't sure what it asked me but I pressed option '2' and it said something to the effect that it would continue sending me SMS voice mails but that's not what I want. I don't like getting the cryptic text messages and would much rather have the previous VM solution I had. I think it's called visual voice mail or something to that effect.

If I want that back and to do away with the SMS notifications what are my steps?

Can anyone help me out or link me to a how to and how to resolve my voice mail issue?

I found something about a Spring VM apk so do I just need to install this app and if so where can I find the latest one compatible with CM7?

Thanks for the help.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OstrichSak For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lithid-cm
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2963
Quote:
Originally Posted by OstrichSak View Post
I flashed Cyanogenmod 7.1.0 on an Evo 4G on Sprint service and now I get text messages that say I need to call 408.970.0000 to get my VM. When I called it I got a recording about having a smart phone with SMS or something or another and I wasn't sure what it asked me but I pressed option '2' and it said something to the effect that it would continue sending me SMS voice mails but that's not what I want. I don't like getting the cryptic text messages and would much rather have the previous VM solution I had. I think it's called visual voice mail or something to that effect.

If I want that back and to do away with the SMS notifications what are my steps?

Can anyone help me out or link me to a how to and how to resolve my voice mail issue?

I found something about a Spring VM apk so do I just need to install this app and if so where can I find the latest one compatible with CM7?

Thanks for the help.
Should be able to get everything you need here, I followed the steps when i first started and it worked great for me. Hopefully it works for you.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=652

Quote:
Choosy moms choose JIF, the others JFIO
Twitter | Google Plus | Scripts | Github | AOSCompiler

OstrichSak
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 63

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lithid-cm View Post
Should be able to get everything you need here, I followed the steps when i first started and it worked great for me. Hopefully it works for you.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=652
Which topic specifically?

Since posting this thread I kept searching and I've found some threads talking about a Spring VVM apk and I've downloaded what I think is the right file that I may try. Now I'm just trying to make sure this is my solution.

scottspa74
Old
Thanks Meter 2775
Try the themes and apps subforum. Your answer is there.

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium
Evo LTE=$XXX.XX ~ XDADevs = PRICELESS
------
Evo LTE. AKA "the beast" . Thanks regaw_lienad, you're a genius.
ROM: AOKP
Kernel: komodo v7
Hboot: lazy panda S-off 1.12.222

Evo 4G HW002
Rom: Deck GB
Kernel: SZ 0.savaged zen21
Recovery: AmonRa 1.80

- thanks whitslack & fastRX8 & Netarchy & Toast, of course. - my Evo: the house that toast built (& many other XDAers)- thank you all

luist4498
Old
(Last edited by luist4498; 3rd October 2011 at 02:27 AM.)
Thanks Meter 45
We are in the middle of this same discussion on another thread so im guna hook ya up. First, download the two apps i linked below. Then using root explorer or a file manager that has root privileges mount system as r/w and delete the stock CM7 MMS app in system/app folder. Than move the MMS app i linked to system/app. Long click the MMS app and make sure permissions are set exactly like the other system apps, click ok. Now do the same with the VVM app below, move it to system apps and set permissions as well. Mount the system as r/o again and reboot your phone. Go into the VVM app and set up VVM and thats it. You will now have visual voice mail again and no annoying 9016 texts. BTW, the MMS app i posted is from Decks AOSP 1.3d rom(that has the fix for the 9016 texts) and the VVM app is from the 8/22 GAPPS, Enjoy.......
Attached Files
File Type: apk MmsCM7fix.apk - [Click for QR Code] (543.1 KB, 1695 views)
File Type: apk Voicemail.apk - [Click for QR Code] (952.3 KB, 1862 views)
Samsung Galaxy SIII
CM10 Preview Builds
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to luist4498 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

OstrichSak
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 63

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by luist4498 View Post
We are in the middle of this same discussion on another thread so im guna hook ya up. First, download the two apps i linked below. Then using root explorer or a file manager that has root privileges mount system as r/w and delete the stock CM7 MMS app in system/app folder. Than move the MMS app i linked to system/app. Long click the MMS app and make sure permissions are set exactly like the other system apps, click ok. Now do the same with the VVM app below, move it to system apps and set permissions as well. Mount the system as r/o again and reboot your phone. Go into the VVM app and set up VVM and thats it. You will now have visual voice mail again and no annoying 9016 texts. Enjoy.......
Thanks, I'll try it out soon as I get a chance. I installed an apk based on something I found and it kind of worked but I was getting those annoying 9016 texts like you mentioned. I'll give this a go when I get some more time.

luist4498
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by OstrichSak View Post
Thanks, I'll try it out soon as I get a chance. I installed an apk based on something I found and it kind of worked but I was getting those annoying 9016 texts like you mentioned. I'll give this a go when I get some more time.
Cool man, if all the steps are done right there will be no annoying 9016 texts.
Samsung Galaxy SIII
CM10 Preview Builds

Toney Starks
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by luist4498 View Post
We are in the middle of this same discussion on another thread so im guna hook ya up. First, download the two apps i linked below. Then using root explorer or a file manager that has root privileges mount system as r/w and delete the stock CM7 MMS app in system/app folder. Than move the MMS app i linked to system/app. Long click the MMS app and make sure permissions are set exactly like the other system apps, click ok. Now do the same with the VVM app below, move it to system apps and set permissions as well. Mount the system as r/o again and reboot your phone. Go into the VVM app and set up VVM and thats it. You will now have visual voice mail again and no annoying 9016 texts. Enjoy.......
is this strictly for cyn 7?

im using OMFGB and im having problems with voicemails after i flashed the rom, it keeps saying unable to play message

luist4498
Old
(Last edited by luist4498; 3rd October 2011 at 02:29 AM.)
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toney Starks View Post
is this strictly for cyn 7?

im using OMFGB and im having problems with voicemails after i flashed the rom, it keeps saying unable to play message
I have not tried that rom but the issue we are trying to fix is the annoying texts you get with every vm from 9016. I know this works with the salvaged rom too. The vm come through on your vm app though? Also, some have had success with the following if the VVM app is not verifying there account automatically. Press menu in VVM and compose a message over 25 seconds long. Send the message to activate@vvm.sprint.com and make sure you have either wifi or 3g enabled so it will send. This should kick start it.
Samsung Galaxy SIII
CM10 Preview Builds
The Following User Says Thank You to luist4498 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

quique18
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Use super private conversation app to block 9016 txt. Spc is a free app.

Rafael Garces
Apple and PC Certified Technician

Tags
cyanogenmod, sprint, text, voicemail