No registration required

[Q] Evo 3D OTG (On-The-Go) USB Hosting.

OP Creaator

20th December 2011, 07:20 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 602

1,597 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creaator

Just got the cable and it s official, the OtG cable does not work for the evo 3D. So dissappointed. Piece of s*%#. My quest is over and it was short lived. My dreams shot down. Unless this is a feature that can somehow be unlocked.

Don't give up so fast, theAndroidOSX "TRINITY 2.5 Rom" & Chad's "Anthrax kernel" together enable the OTG usb host feature. Chad has confirmed it's working !!
21st December 2011, 01:36 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 6

91 posts
More
I'm wondering if the USB device would need to be self powered or if the Evo 3D would provide power through the port.
9th January 2012, 08:19 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by louforgiveno

Don't give up so fast, theAndroidOSX "TRINITY 2.5 Rom" & Chad's "Anthrax kernel" together enable the OTG usb host feature. Chad has confirmed it's working !!

I have both, and I couldn't get it to work.
9th January 2012, 08:28 AM   |  #14  
Account Currently Disabled
Thanks Meter: 5,929

1,415 posts
More
my latest A-series kernels support this 100% -- confirmed by atleast 20 people
B-series was a work in progress (worked for some, but not others)

working on it now for RLS2 of my new GPL compliant kernel
9th January 2012, 08:29 AM   |  #15  
Account Currently Disabled
Thanks Meter: 5,929

1,415 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spywhite

I'm wondering if the USB device would need to be self powered or if the Evo 3D would provide power through the port.

device should have external power supply .. power over the 3D's USB port dont work as good as it should.
(im actually using a USB keyboard on my 3D to type this message)
9th January 2012, 11:54 AM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
This is a feature that I am really excited about and would like to get working. Does anyone know of any videos of someone using the USB Host mode on an EVO 3D?
11th January 2012, 03:56 PM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 46

290 posts
Is there a ROM that already has the proper kernel baked in that you guys can recommend?

For those that have USB host working - does it allow you to connect an NTFS formatted drive for files above 4GB?

USB Host and a home screen with landscape mode are two things I'd really want - though I assume the second feature is limited to the non-Sense roms.
11th January 2012, 09:02 PM   |  #18  
Flag East SF-Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 694

2,976 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by P0ll0L0c0

Is there a ROM that already has the proper kernel baked in that you guys can recommend?

For those that have USB host working - does it allow you to connect an NTFS formatted drive for files above 4GB?

USB Host and a home screen with landscape mode are two things I'd really want - though I assume the second feature is limited to the non-Sense roms.

I think you need to use one of Chad Goodman's kernels. Last I knew of, it was hit or miss. He is still working on the development of this, in his newer releases. But I think the trinity ROM by androidosx had this working for some.

The only landscape sense Rom I know of right now, is The Express port that's in beta. Platypus is the Dev working on it. It's a nice port, but the bugs are still being worked out of course. If you use an alternative launcher, you can have landscape anytime you want.

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium
Last edited by KB112; 11th January 2012 at 09:05 PM.
21st January 2012, 02:40 PM   |  #19  
Thanks Meter: 82

548 posts
would a powered usb hub work? so we could use a mouse, keyboard and maybe an HDD at the same time?

Would the EVO3D draw power from the hub?
24th February 2012, 08:13 PM   |  #20  
Flag Moshi
Thanks Meter: 15

255 posts
More
hey guys i really wanna use the USB HOST on my EVO 3D
currently using LeeDroid 3D V5.3.0 with AnthraX-Shooteru Kernel but cant use the OTG USB
can some1 suggest wat i can use to make it work
m a EVO 3D GSM user

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
evo 3d, otg, usb hosting
Previous Thread Next Thread