Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,007 Members 40,552 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Titanium Backup to restore apps after ROM installation.

Tip us?

SkinnyT
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Default [Q] Titanium Backup to restore apps after ROM installation.

What's the best process to use in TB to backup and restore before and after a clean install with a new rom. Should I do apps and data or just apps? I want to do a true clean install and not carry over any junk by restoring backups. Any help is appreciated.

PacerguyDon
Old
Thanks Meter 219

DONATE TO ME
Myself, when I do a restore from TB I will do a batch restore of just the apps. If the apps all restore with no issues then I will go back and restore the data to the apps that rely on having the data restored such as games, or anything else that may have personalized settings. This has worked well for me with no issues.
I've used this going from Aosp roms to sense roms and vice versa.
~Don~
Galaxy Nexus
RasbeanJelly/Trinity
Moto Xoom
Team Eos 3

Give Minus or
Dropbox a try.
The Following User Says Thank You to PacerguyDon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tincbtrar
Old
Thanks Meter 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerguyDon View Post
Myself, when I do a restore from TB I will do a batch restore of just the apps. If the apps all restore with no issues then I will go back and restore the data to the apps that rely on having the data restored such as games, or anything else that may have personalized settings. This has worked well for me with no issues.
I've used this going from Aosp roms to sense roms and vice versa.
Agreed. Especially in the case of going back and forth between AOSP and Sense.

Good post.
The Following User Says Thank You to tincbtrar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lufc
Old
Senior Moderator / Resident Priest
Thanks Meter 1485

DONATE TO ME
Please use the Q&A Forum for questions Thanks
Moving to Q&A
Pay attention and participate,Encourage,
not discourage, Listen to advice and accept instruction,
and in the end you will be wise.......... Prov. 19:20

PacerguyDon
Old
Thanks Meter 219

DONATE TO ME
Didn't notice that the OP also asked about backing up from a clean install...
I just did this yesterday, going from an Aosp rom to a Sense rom...
After doing your install, and getting what apps and settings taken care of that you want, go into TB and do a batch backup of both the apps and the system settings.
I've never really used the system settings backups, other than wifi info, but I just like to have the backup'd settings for just in case moments.
I also will clean out my backups from time to time, doing a complete delete of the backups. But before I do this, I make a copy of my TB sd card folder and place it into a folder on my notebook for safe keeping in case I ever need it. Never needed it yet, but you never know...
~Don~
Galaxy Nexus
RasbeanJelly/Trinity
Moto Xoom
Team Eos 3

Give Minus or
Dropbox a try.
The Following User Says Thank You to PacerguyDon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SkinnyT
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Awesome! Thanks for the help guys. You definitely answered my questions. I have yet to have a problem, knock on wood. I just wanted to make sure I'm not carrying over any erroneous data.

anshu2229
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default How to restore from titanium backup after changing rom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyT View Post
What's the best process to use in TB to backup and restore before and after a clean install with a new rom. Should I do apps and data or just apps? I want to do a true clean install and not carry over any junk by restoring backups. Any help is appreciated.
Hey I have changed my rom and before changing the rom i had backed up all my data in titanium back up but i do not knw how to restore it back can u help me pls? request

Thanks in advance