Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,414 Members 53,719 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sensation User Needs HD7 User

Tip us?

chrisizzle492
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13

DONATE TO ME
Question Sensation User Needs HD7 User

i know a lot of sensation users are gonna think im crazy but i really feel like moving to a wp7 device and since im on TMOUS, i only have one choice right now. the reason is i want to switch is because of the new mango update. i had wp7 on my hd2 but of course the battery wouldnt charge correctly and the browser was horrible! other than that i loved wp7, everything is simple no need to mod or change things. and the new talk of the update makes me miss the os.

now this is where u come in!! do u think the update was very significant, how is the browser compared to before? any problems i should know about the phone, like the sensation has some touchscreen issues? i would really love your guy's input, and if anyone is selling their device id be happy to purchase it.
Sensation 4G is resting......
Spending QUALITY time with my HD7

fazkaz
Old
Thanks Meter 2
PMed you a offer, please check.
and i haven't found any problems with the touchscreen or screen related on my device, i dont know about others.

elvisr77
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I just bought my HD7 and updated to Mango. I totally love it. I came from the HD2 with Mango on it. There is a huge difference to me. It is so much smoother going from window to window or moving up and down on the tiles. Internet browser works great. I have no complaints until now. The only down side to this is that there isn't as much development as the HD2. After you experience this you will not go back. I say buy an HD7 and move on.

chrisizzle492
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvisr77 View Post
I just bought my HD7 and updated to Mango. I totally love it. I came from the HD2 with Mango on it. There is a huge difference to me. It is so much smoother going from window to window or moving up and down on the tiles. Internet browser works great. I have no complaints until now. The only down side to this is that there isn't as much development as the HD2. After you experience this you will not go back. I say buy an HD7 and move on.
This is actually what I was hoping for. I think its better that there is no need for development. I'm at a point in my life where I don't have time to be messing with phones. I loved WP7 on my hd2 as well, so Im glad u had input from that prospective. I think I'm gonna do it and then prolly buy the HTC radar once my 6 month full upgrade comes around. Although the 8gb starage is a turnoff. Hopefully it can be modified like I've seen on the hd7.

Well thanks for the responses. And others feel free to give ur input still. And yes still looking for phone offers

Sent from my SENSATIONal 4G using Xda App.

jelliottz
Old
Thanks Meter 36
I would hang on to your Sensation until T-Mobile gets some new hardware. I have both a Sensation and a HD7. Mango runs flawlessly on the HD7. It does everything my Sensation does, but better (with the exception of Flash and WiFi tethering). But in hand, the Sensation feels absolutely amazing. I'm hoping to have the Titan or something nice from Nokia land on T-Mobile. Someone will buy it and then demand an Android device, and I will come to their rescue.

WP7 is better than Android or iOS. Just my .02.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using XDA App
Current Phone: Nexus 4
Retired: GS3, HTC One S, HTC 8X, Galaxy Note, Galaxy Nexus, Lumia 710, HTC Radar, Focus, DVP, HD7, Sensation, G2X, Galaxy S, G2, Nexus One, HD2, Touch Pro2, N97 mini, Touch Diamond2, Touch Pro, iPhone, G1, Tilt, MDA, Dash, HP 6315, Treo 600

If you build it, they will flash.

chrisizzle492
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13

DONATE TO ME
since this post and got the hd7 and have had it for 2 weeks.

and idk if i got a bad sensation, but the hd7 screen (i feel) brings out colors a lot better especially whites. and i have to agree i am loving wp7.5 mor than android, i havent owned an iphone since the 3gs but i feel wp7.5 is more convenient. of course i miss the wide selection of apps and flash but these things take time.

im not a fan of the giant screens, i actually feel i would like the radar better but the 8gb storage sucks and the screen is a little too small for me.... my pickiness is a killer lol.

kayosinc
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisizzle492 View Post
i know a lot of sensation users are gonna think im crazy but i really feel like moving to a wp7 device and since im on TMOUS, i only have one choice right now. the reason is i want to switch is because of the new mango update. i had wp7 on my hd2 but of course the battery wouldnt charge correctly and the browser was horrible! other than that i loved wp7, everything is simple no need to mod or change things. and the new talk of the update makes me miss the os.

now this is where u come in!! do u think the update was very significant, how is the browser compared to before? any problems i should know about the phone, like the sensation has some touchscreen issues? i would really love your guy's input, and if anyone is selling their device id be happy to purchase it.
I did just the opposite, switched from HD7 to sensation, and yeah you are right about the wp7 I too do really miss it.Good thing is that mom has my HD7 and after a bit of convincing I can get it back for a few days of course..
Device history:
Sam C100,N6600,N6230,N6233,MOTO E365,HTC Touch,Galaxy 3,HTC Wildfire,LG Optimus ONE,HTC HD7,Dell Venue,HTC Sensation, Sam Galaxy Note.

jatienza930
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisizzle492 View Post

Hi, I have a spare mobile hd7, barely used, sim unlocked and upgraded to mango 7.5, let me know if you are still interested tnx ^_^

kevoriole
Old
(Last edited by kevoriole; 5th March 2012 at 06:17 PM.) Reason: Specificity
Thanks Meter 4
I love playing with phones. My screen died on my HD2 UltimateDroid. Insurance only covered another windows phone. They sent an HD7 Mango.HD7 running Deep Shining ROM. I felt limited as to apps and customization. HD7 is great for it's simplicity and social network integration. I also have a Sensation running Virtuous Inquisition ICS 4.0. Battery life is better with the HD7. Both can be tweaked to get better battery life. I have way more control over everything I do with Android and 4g, dual core. Because of the lack of battery life. I carry both! Custom ROMs so if I run outta juice, I switch SIMs LOL. I have to say the Sensation is a monster. I guess it's really user's preference!