STEP BY STEP How to install CM7.1.0 - FreeXperia Project

Search This thread

streamnlnl

Jul 3, 2010
Near Eindhoven
Sorry for the late reply , I just see those post.
I haven't a x10 anymore. I have a arc S now.
So i don't read all the post on the x10 tread. I can't help anymore with the most question . But I have a idea. Just copy past my first post (or edit to your liking) and open a new tread. That person must be someone that actually can help.
If that is done, let me know so I can contact a mod and close this tread.
It hoe if I have helped somebody.
Greets Streamnlnl

After seeing the same question over and over again, I'm going to try to make a step by step guide for install this ROM.
So that the main tread will be as clean as possible.

In the second post, I will post tips and the most commen Q & A.

If you want to discuss about this ROM, please do that here

Now let's get started...............

First you need to unlock your boatloader.
You can read and ask ALL of your questions about unlocking here

(If you don't have a unlocked boatloader, there is a solution for that. But I suggest to unlock your boatloader. FXP team make this for unlocked bootloader. So you be warned. If you still want to install this with a locked bootloader, I suggest to go to cobrato tread, thank him for this.)

When you have a unlocked bootloader you are good to go to install this beautiful ROM .

THE ROMS ARE NUMBERED BY WEEK NUMBER.
I call the ROM FXP(week number), because I don't always have time to keep this up_to_date. Sorry for that!

Download the 2 files in this post (FXP(week number) & GAPPS ADDON)

FXP(week number) will be called something like this: update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-es209ra-KANG-signed

There are 3 files in update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-es209ra-KANG-signed
#Flashtool
#FXP(week number)
#unlock

Unzip those files on your PC

Put the map FXP(week number) (The one you just unzipped) and GAPPS ADDON (the one you have download at the start) somewhere on your SDcard.

Open flashtool and run the X10FlashTool.exe
No press Flash.
You will see just one file.
#x10i

Now flash that one, with this you will get the CWM.

After this reboot your phone en press repeatedly on the back button till you enter CWM.

Here you do:
1) wipe data/factory reset
2)wipe cauche partition
3)advanced ====> wipe Dalvik Cache

Now you can install the ROM:

1)Install zip from SDcard =====> choose zip from sdcard ===> and then go to the place where you have left FXP(week number) on your sdcard.
2)install now GAPPS ADDON, the same way you have install FPX(week number).

When it's done reboot your phone and enjoy

If I have write something what isn't correct.
PM me and I will edit it correctly.
To keep this up-to-date, also PM me for the bugs or tips.
So that I don't need to read every single post.
Thanks in advance

Last edited:

streamnlnl

Jul 3, 2010
Near Eindhoven
Tips:

# For faster bootup, just add this line in build.prop:
Code:
debug.sf.nobootanimation=1
Also, if you experiences battery drainage, simply change your governor from performance to ondemand (thanks to Hzu)

# For settings and explanation about CyanogenMod Settings look here
and for the standard home screen (adw-launcher) look here

Q&A:

Q: What are the changelog for latest version?
A: at the time of writing it's version FXP030 and you can look for the changelog here

Q: Is there any ETA for the next version?
A No, but if you want you can contribute here

Q: I really want to thank the dev, how can I do that?
A: You can hit the thank you button on his post,
or you can donate here

Q: Are there more pics about this ROM available?
A of course, You can look here , here or here

Q: Can I use Rom Manager with this Rom?
A: Yes you can

Q: Are all of the cm settings available
In this rom?
A:Yes

Q:
A:

Last edited:

Hzu

Nov 13, 2010
For faster bootup, just add this line in build.prop:
Code:

Also, if you experiences battery drainage, simply change your governor from performance to ondemand.

I found this from the past few releases and some people complained about battery drainage so I tried to find the source and this is what I found.

J said they set it to performance so that the phone will be faster and easier to test out features.

Sent from my X10 using XDA App

takerfan

Jul 23, 2010
Maybe someone here can help me. I've followed those instructions but when I go to CWM based recovery and pick install from sd card it keeps saying cannot mount /sdcard
xrecovery on the other hand reads it just fine.
Maybe this is related to other roms not detecting my sd card.

Any suggestions?

fcb1

Jul 20, 2011
which version of cwm do i use?? im using doomlords kernel where it has two versions of cwm and xrecovery

colossus

Retired Senior Moderator
Aug 28, 2009
which version of cwm do i use?? im using doomlords kernel where it has two versions of cwm and xrecovery

Read the op mate, it tells you how to install the rom, the part that says flash the fxp firmware with flashtool will give you the correct recovery, you can not use Dooms cwm's as you also need the kernel in FXP.

From the op....;)

Now flash FXP, with this you will get the CWM.

Last edited:

takerfan

Jul 23, 2010
Any ideas guys? I even flashed back to 2.1 and started over but in CWM I keep getting can't mount /sdcard

streamnlnl

Jul 3, 2010
Near Eindhoven
Can you please give us some more info?
What exactly have you did?
Like, do you have a unlocked bootloader? Did the flashtool say that it was successful?
What kind of baseband do you have. Etc etc.

takerfan

Jul 23, 2010
Can you please give us some more info?
What exactly have you did?
Like, do you have a unlocked bootloader? Did the flashtool say that it was successful?
What kind of baseband do you have. Etc etc.

Yes, I have an unlocked bootloader. The Free Xperia screen comes up and I press the back button to get into recovery.
I'm running the .71 baseband and have had no problems flashing from flashtool.
Before I was running a custom 2.3.3 rom and I unlocked the bootloader, flashed in the FXP custom kernel and got the same problem of mounting sd card in recovery.

I just went back to stock 2.1 (This rom reads my sd card just fine), flashed .71 baseband, flashed FXP kernel and still got the same error when I entered recovery to install custom zip.

streamnlnl

Jul 3, 2010
Near Eindhoven
Why mounting sdcard?
If you put the right files before flashing on your card. You don't need to mount your card.
Can you access your card trough the menu?
Install zip from sdcard?

Edit.. i was reading your latest post on xda and are you sure that you have successful unlocked your bootloader/

in HOW-TO]UNLOCK bootloader for X10 you find a tool in the second post (s1tool.7z).

If I rember it correctly, when you run it you can see 2 different things in the fist line

RUNNING S1_EROM VER "R8A013" ======> locked bootloader
or
RUNNING S1_EROM VER "r8A013" ======> unlocked bootloader
(can anyone confirm this?)

@takerfan you got a PM;)

Last edited:

takerfan

Jul 23, 2010
Why mounting sdcard?
If you put the right files before flashing on your card. You don't need to mount your card.
Can you access your card trough the menu?
Install zip from sdcard?

That's the thing, when I go to install custom zip from the menu it gives me an error that says "Can't mount /sdcard"

edit: Yes, I ran the tool and the r was lowercase. I even did recover to relock the bootloader and the R became uppercase and I again unlocked it.

edit2: I think I should mention this..whenever I flash a 2.3 rom whether it's stock or custom, the rom does not detect my sd card. Once I go back to 2.1 it does. Do you know why this is the case?

Last edited:

jusiek

Sep 21, 2008
Hi,

Let me know what I do wrong.... despite of turning ON debbuging in settings options during FXP flashing via Flash Tool I,ve got permanently error " turn on debbiging...." but It is already done.
What should I do to make a progress.... baseband .71, bootloader loocked.

Hzu

Nov 13, 2010
Hi,

Let me know what I do wrong.... despite of turning ON debbuging in settings options during FXP flashing via Flash Tool I,ve got permanently error " turn on debbiging...." but It is already done.
That is nothing, ignore the message.

That's the thing, when I go to install custom zip from the menu it gives me an error that says "Can't mount /sdcard"

edit: Yes, I ran the tool and the r was lowercase. I even did recover to relock the bootloader and the R became uppercase and I again unlocked it.

edit2: I think I should mention this..whenever I flash a 2.3 rom whether it's stock or custom, the rom does not detect my sd card. Once I go back to 2.1 it does. Do you know why this is the case?
Try unmounting the sd card from mounts & storage menu in recovery and choose install zip from sdcard again. See if this helps.

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

Has anyone tried to flash dooms fxp for unlocked bootloaders with CM7??
Yep, works fine here. :)

aR_ChRiS

Dec 23, 2010
Hong Kong
Google Pixel 5a
Hi,

It's because you haven't unlocked your bootloader, the phone would not allow you to flash unsigned .sin files, which means you can't flash the FXP kernel.

Hzu

Nov 13, 2010
Hi,

Are you saying that after flashing the kernel it still says turn on debugging bla bla? That's normal. See if it shows freexperia upon turning on your phone.

If not, then you have not unlocked your bootloader.

takerfan

Jul 23, 2010
That is nothing, ignore the message.

Try unmounting the sd card from mounts & storage menu in recovery and choose install zip from sdcard again. See if this helps.

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

Yep, works fine here. :)

In mounts and storage it only gives me the option to mount sd and when I select that it gives me the same error. Xrecovery works fine but I can't flash cm7 with that.

Wewak

Mar 27, 2011
I've made the leap and installed this ROM. First of all I want to say how brilliant it is and it'll obviously only get better. I've also installed FXP28 on my wife's x8 with similar results. Great work FXP team!

So on to my problem... when I go to bed my phone has switched itself off and my alarm hasn't gone off. When I switch it back on there was still 20 odd % battery remaining. This has happened twice. I've been running the govener on 'on demand'. One thing that is odd is that the phone has a flashing green light which presumably means it is in fact not off. The only way to wake it up though is to hold the power button.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

Wewak

Mar 27, 2011
Ok. Another problem. Cannot get wifi tether to work at all... also USB tethering doesn't work and could only get barnacle to work with no security.

Is anyone having success with tethering.

PS. I never had a problem with my previous rom - Wolf's!

Sent from my X10i using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry for the late reply , I just see those post.
    I haven't a x10 anymore. I have a arc S now.
    So i don't read all the post on the x10 tread. I can't help anymore with the most question . But I have a idea. Just copy past my first post (or edit to your liking) and open a new tread. That person must be someone that actually can help.
    If that is done, let me know so I can contact a mod and close this tread.
    It hoe if I have helped somebody.
    Greets Streamnlnl

After seeing the same question over and over again, I'm going to try to make a step by step guide for install this ROM.
    So that the main tread will be as clean as possible.

In the second post, I will post tips and the most commen Q & A.

If you want to discuss about this ROM, please do that here

Now let's get started...............

First you need to unlock your boatloader.
    You can read and ask ALL of your questions about unlocking here

(If you don't have a unlocked boatloader, there is a solution for that. But I suggest to unlock your boatloader. FXP team make this for unlocked bootloader. So you be warned. If you still want to install this with a locked bootloader, I suggest to go to cobrato tread, thank him for this.)

When you have a unlocked bootloader you are good to go to install this beautiful ROM .

THE ROMS ARE NUMBERED BY WEEK NUMBER.
    I call the ROM FXP(week number), because I don't always have time to keep this up_to_date. Sorry for that!

Download the 2 files in this post (FXP(week number) & GAPPS ADDON)

FXP(week number) will be called something like this: update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-es209ra-KANG-signed

There are 3 files in update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-es209ra-KANG-signed
    #Flashtool
    #FXP(week number)
    #unlock

Unzip those files on your PC

Put the map FXP(week number) (The one you just unzipped) and GAPPS ADDON (the one you have download at the start) somewhere on your SDcard.

Open flashtool and run the X10FlashTool.exe
    No press Flash.
    You will see just one file.
    #x10i

Now flash that one, with this you will get the CWM.

After this reboot your phone en press repeatedly on the back button till you enter CWM.

Here you do:
    2)wipe cauche partition

Now you can install the ROM:

1)Install zip from SDcard =====> choose zip from sdcard ===> and then go to the place where you have left FXP(week number) on your sdcard.
    2)install now GAPPS ADDON, the same way you have install FPX(week number).

When it's done reboot your phone and enjoy

If I have write something what isn't correct.
    PM me and I will edit it correctly.
    To keep this up-to-date, also PM me for the bugs or tips.
    So that I don't need to read every single post.
    Thanks in advance

same problem here. I bought an x10 today, brought it up to 2.3.3 (from donut lol) rooted it unlocked the bootloader installed cwm and now stuck without a kernel to use with cm7 fxp117 only contains meta-inf system folder and kernel.sin and I don't see anything in the update script that should be flashing the kernel.sin file so I remain confuzzled

---------- Post added at 12:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 AM ----------

OK I got it figured out for everyone else who's having problems here's a new guide for flashing the right kernel.

make a folder on your desktop name it ftf
    extract the kernel.sin file there
    in flashtool click advanced bundle creation
    fill out the device version and branding fields - for me they were x10, 2.3.3, SE,
    click the button to choose your source folder - the folder you made earlier
    use the arrow to move kernel.sin to firmware content
    click ok

be sure to choose the unlocked loader when it prompts

there is now new firmware in the flashtool/firmwares folder named 2.3.3 se or whatnot flash it and you flash the kernel

The same process worked for cm9

Make sure you wipe /data and /cache and propbably dalvik cache too

And if you really want to be lazy I've uploaded mine here for you:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?6i9isnit5gxzx5d
    cm7 version only

just hit the thanks button :p
    For faster bootup, just add this line in build.prop:
    Code:

Also, if you experiences battery drainage, simply change your governor from performance to ondemand.

I found this from the past few releases and some people complained about battery drainage so I tried to find the source and this is what I found.

J said they set it to performance so that the phone will be faster and easier to test out features.

Read the op mate, it tells you how to install the rom, the part that says flash the fxp firmware with flashtool will give you the correct recovery, you can not use Dooms cwm's as you also need the kernel in FXP.

From the op....;)

Now flash FXP, with this you will get the CWM.
    OOOpsy!

Thanks Laneyofdeath!

I finally managed to get CM7 on the device!!

Problem: it doesn't boot and freezes on bootscreen (the one with the skateboard).

How did I do it?
    I downloaded
    FXP130-cm-7-20120716-UNOFFICIAL-es209ra-KERNEL.7z
    and extracted it on my hard drive. I ran FlashTool.exe and it flashed the kernel on the device (not sure if anything else than "kernel" which BTW is an obscure word for me)

Then I downloaded (and copied on SD card)
    FXP130-cm-7-20120716-UNOFFICIAL-es209ra.zip

Then I ran from xrecovery this last package and it installed successfully.

Reboot from xrecovery

-> Stuck on CM7 bootloader...

Any idea what I did wrong?

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

OK guys, it's time for my mea culpa now as this was totally MY fault!

I wiped the cache, but I didn't read:
    Here you do:
    2)wipe cauche partition

Once this was done, it boot without fault. Sorry again for my noob questions, but you can surely guess how happy I am now!

A big THANKS to XDA, the devs, but also the users that helped me in the forums: GUYS, U ROCK!

Best!