Originally Posted by Crkr
hmm I'm not sure if I am the only one, but I am not seeing the shortcuts on the lockscreen after setting them. Are those not working yet?
The shortcuts are definitely working. They don't show up on initial boot because the lockscreen hasn't been configured yet. Go into personalize > lockscreen > and find the one you want (I chose the weather lockscreen and it's awesome) and then hit settings to set the individual shortcuts. Everything is working just fine!
---------- Post added at 03:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------
Also wanted to add that as of the now genius button doesn't do anything since genius isn't loaded, so I remapped it to SEARCH. Here are the steps to remap the genius button to search (thanks to nyolsson for the info):
Steps to take:
1. Using Root Explorer, go to /system/usr/keylayout
2. Make sure Root Explorer is mounted as R/W.
(top right button should display Mount R/O, bc you are currently in R/W mode)
3. Long press 'doubleshot-keypad.kl'
4. Select 'Open in Text Editor'
5. Line 5 shows 'key 188' with FUNC_4 next to it. Replace FUNC_4 with 'SEARCH' - all caps.
This re-maps the Genius button on the front of the phone.
6. Scroll down a little and you will see # column 3. 'Key 184' needs to be changed from FUNC_4 to "SEARCH" as well.
This re-maps the Genius button on the qwerty keyboard. (now you can actually use quick launch)
7. Hit the hard menu key and select Save Changes or Save and Exit.
8. Root Explorer will automatically create a backup of the original file you edited with the original file name ending with the extension .bak
9. Need to restart before it takes effect.