Early last year I started to port the windows 4.9 version to mac using the outdated linux script for a base. And I had some early success at the time with simply using macports to install sox, optipng, etc. And then my computer crashed (double drive failure in July, 2011) and I gave up for the time being. Recently though I was excited to find that someone else tried to do the same thing, XDA member MAD Industries released a very basic port for mac.
Sadly though, a quick diff of his script and the outdated linux version shows that it was still woefully behind the windows version. And so I started working (once again) on my own port of APK Manager for Mac OS X, with my goal to not only bring this current to the windows feature set, but exceed it in many ways.
I've built in 32/64-bit architecture checking, and compiled and include the required missing binaries to re-enable optimizing png images and ogg files. I'm also including a .terminal file for easily configuring the default display, and a copy of my NEW favorite fixed-width font, Bitstream Vera Sans Mono.
And now some notes, and requests:
- PLEASE note: this is currently INTEL only, but it supports both 32-bit and 64-bit all-in-one with architecture checking built-in to the script.
- PLEASE note: if your computer is running OS X 10.7.X, "Lion" then it does not include a java runtime by default, please download it here first: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1421
- PLEASE note: due to the length of some of the strings used in the menus, etc., in order to not need to scroll your terminal window, you must adjust your default columns and rows settings. You can set this automatically by using the include "JocelynCustom.terminal" file, and you can also find simple instructions to set this yourself in the README.txt
- PLEASE read the included readme for installation and very basic (for right now) usage instructions. I welcome any and all feedback on improvements for the readme file.
- PLEASE report any and all bugs or generally wonky behavior, preferrably by posting here in this thread, or by posting a comment back on my blog.
- LASTLY, please if you re-post this anywhere else, including blogs, other forums, etc. I would greatly appreciate if you would at least give me credit, and link back to my blog (http://girlintroverted.wordpress.com/) or at the very least, link back here to this post.
WHEN UPGRADING, DO NOT COPY OVER THE CONTENTS OF THE "other" directory or the root directory unless you absolutely know what you're doing.
IMPORTANT: Please see the second post in this thread for update notes, issues, concerns, etc. thanks
Download apk manager v2.2.5 here: http://www.mediafire.com/?o4idx4en9ldnwx4
Download migration tool v1.4 here: http://www.mediafire.com/?hbhftv9195tk86t
v3.0 BETA INFORMATION
May 11, 2012 - beta version of v3.0 is online now on github, if you want to help test it, I suggest backing up your old apk_manager directory entirely, and then going here, and reading the simple install instructions:
The basic install is pretty simple though: open terminal, cd into whatever directory you want the apkmanager folder to be created in, and run:
- cd into whatever directory you want the apkmanager folder to be created in, and run:
git clone git://github.com/jocelynmallon/apkmanager.git
- launch APKManager.app and follow all the instructions.
and thank you very much to anyone that helps test this!