[ROM][GB-2.3.4]Moto-Ginger-Funk(v0.8d -10/29/11-) + Xtras
A clean, de-odexed, debloated, Moto-Blur Gingerbread 2.3.4 experience with some flair.
- The first X2 ROM based on 2.3.4
- The Goal is to maintain all BLUR functionality while at the same time adding improvements.
- All BLUR is maintained except for the gallery and music app.
Keep checking as this is a community ROM under active development.
- Zip Aligned
- Test-Key signed
- storage flip/flop by navenedrob
- Notification Toggles
- Blur Home auto-rotation
- Transparent Lockscreen
- 1% Battery Mod
- Gallery replaced with AOSP 3d Gallery
- Music replaced with AOSP Music beta
- Updated Google Apps
- Added Google Voice
- Voice Dialer from Atrix port
- Moto Phone Portal from Atrix port
Coming Soon (Could be hours,could be days)
- Maintenance release. Fixes certain apps not updating from market.
If youve allready fixed it yourself no need to upgrade. This can be flashed ontop of v.8b or v.8c
- Reboot option in power menu
- Speed Optimizations
- More Themes
Standard Disclaimer... I take no responsibility for your phone!
Coming from pre-2.3.4
- In the future I intend to maintain both patches and full resleases.
- For now releases may be applied on top of previous releases unless specifically noted.
- If this is your FIRST install of motogingerfunk then you MUST wipe data/cache
1)Apply 2.3.4 sbf in RSD mode
2)Activate, and Root
3)Install system recovery bootstrap
Already on 2.3.4
4)Do a backup from system recovery (This is your way back!)
5)Boot into system recovery and choose this zip from sdcard
6)Optionally Choose a add-on zip and flash it as well
7)CLEAR BOTH DATA & CACHE
8)Boot phone (first boot will take forever) add google account.
9)Depending on your previous configuration you may or may not need to clear market cache/data.
All Download links + Extras are now in the second post
Known issue: Certain apps will not update from market due to being accidentally resigned v.8b/v.8c. Upgrade to v.8d.
v.4,v.5 known market bug for some users (clear market data or upgrade to current)
Q: This is my first time with motogingerfunk, what do i need to do?
- Restore a backup taken pre-2.3.4
- To restore a pre-2.3.4 backup you must first sbf to the official release your backup was based on.
A: Be sure you are on 2.3.4 SBF, and you just need to flash the latest version, wipe data & cache.
Q: My wifi is not working what do i do?
A: If your wifi is not working there is a good chance you were not on 2.3.4 prior to flashing.
Q: I installed and then proceeded to "tweak" my system by editing build.prop and other system files. Now things are not working correctly, where did i go wrong?
A: Please do not ?!uck with your system after install. I cannot be responsible for any "tweaks" you have made. Please revert all "tweaks" or do a fresh install and test the system prior to your "tweaks" before filing a report.
Q: I want to do it but this girl seems really slutty?
A: When in doubt, keep it in your pants.