Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,266 Members 40,705 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Free Game] Constant C - new puzzle action game

Tip us?

huw12313212
Old
(Last edited by huw12313212; 3rd October 2011 at 02:50 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Talking [Free Game] Constant C - new puzzle action game

Hello!! I'm a student and a self claim indie game developer in Taiwan!!

me and my friends made a game called "Constant C".. it's on Android Market now.. for free!!

It's Powered by AndEngine ! and we put a lot of effort in it....

so Please!! take a look! if you like it.. help us spread the words about this game.. we will be really grateful
------------------------------------------------------------
Genre: 2D Platform, Puzzle, Action !

System Require: Multi-Touch Screen, IQ Above Average

Tag: Time, Gravity, Awesomeness !

In a distant future, a dark force gained control of the universe. Everything stopped moving – the time is frozen and gravity is gone. The only hope of recovering the universe relies on “Constant C,” a robot gifted with a small circle of power, allowing Constant C to move and to revive the time and gravity within the circle. When Constant C approaches an object, the object becomes “alive” and when Constant C leaves, the object becomes frozen again. By making good use of Constant C’s power, your mission is to remove obstacles ahead and find a way for Constant C to reach the control center of the dark force.

There are 29 levels. To solve the puzzles, you need to be intelligent and creative. Each puzzle gives you a new experience, and along the way, your will learn important skills that can help you solve the puzzles. The unique feature of Constant C will give you a mind blowing experience. So, be quick! The universe is waiting for you.

Developer:Brain Damage Studio

Powered by AndEngine
------------------------------------------------------------

Youtube Trailer : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwZF5C8H8Co

Market Link: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.light.roller
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to huw12313212 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lightonelove
Old
(Last edited by lightonelove; 3rd October 2011 at 12:27 AM.) Reason: mistake type
Thanks Meter 1
Wink It's amazying.

I made it to halfway through world 2- here are my thoughts.

This game is beautiful- it looks great, and the way it works is absolutely fantastic. I can honestly say it is one of the best games I've yet to play on Android- maybe the best.

That being said, it is way too big. 5MB should be the max before installation to SD should be implemented- this game is over 20. Either work on reusing more textures, or have it install to SD.

I was playing with the device laying down, and the gravity button was flipping out- switching every update cycle and just going crazy. You may want to have it display an X if the values aren't high enough to justify a gravity switch (I love the way this mechanic works, by the way!)

Fix these issues, and most standard prices you would ask for would be too low for this game- I would gladly pay for more worlds. (Though, if more worlds were added, you may want to work on the difficulty curve- if you want my thoughts on that, let me know). Again, great job!
The Following User Says Thank You to lightonelove For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

huw12313212
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Thanks that's huge compliment you give us there.. we are really appreciate.
We will work on the to SD feature.. since a lot of people had demanded it! I'll update it ASAP.

there are some reason makes us can't reuse texture though

first .. our artist is new in drawing texture for games... he just draw whatever he feels right and not considering about texture size and reusability. (we will do it better next time)

second.. in some device.. too many sprites makes game really laggy.. so we tend to use huge jpg file for background

i don't know anything about marketing on android app.... because we are totally noobies in this... Actually this game is not only our first game on android.. it's our first android app if you don't count "Hello World" as a app XD
After we think we learn enough to build this game. we go straight into it. It take us 5 months to build because we need to learn new stuff along the way

I use XNA mostly, and my brother use c++ and some graphic engine from his lab, neither did we use andengine before. and we love it!

We are thinking putting ads in it....and yet it's something we never tried XD, so I might need to check documents. After that we will release a clean ads free version for 0.99$ i think..for us.. most important thing is people can play our game. and feel it's not waste of time. those few hour must actually means something

cwhitney24
Old
Recognized Themer / Contributor
Thanks Meter 4566

DONATE TO ME
Downloaded to my htc inspire 4G. I Am amazed by what you have created. This is awsome! I love free...but this needs to be a paid game. It is worth every penny.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using xda premium

cwhitney24
Old
Recognized Themer / Contributor
Thanks Meter 4566

DONATE TO ME
And also Thank you!!!!!!!

Sent from my Inspire 4G using xda premium

lightonelove
Old
Thanks Meter 1
oh!! it can app2sd now.. nevermind thanks

huw12313212
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default app2sd

yes , we just fix the "app2sd problem" yesterday!! lots of people ask for that

onestoploser
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Downloading now. Looks sweet!

Sent from my Liquid Thunderbread HTC Thunderbolt

sisi716222
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Wow~ It's really a cool game.
The idea is very impressive.

I am trying hard to pass the world3.
These puzzles not only difficult but interesting.

I look forward to more puzzles.

huw12313212
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default thanks

sisi716222:thanks for your compliment!