XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Request : Message Center Number Update App

Tip us?

tkg_1993
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Request : Message Center Number Update App

Is there any App that can allow to edit the Message Center Number for SMS? I tried *#*#4636#*#* trick to update the number but my I could not "+" to the number. Even when I enter +13123149810, it gets changed to 13123149810. The only way I could change the number is by overwriting the file com.android.mms_preferences.xml (with + in the number). The problem with this approach is that any time I restart the phone, this file gets overwritten by default and I have to again copy the number.

I am on GB. I had the same problem on Froyo also.

Any help would be appreciated.

crazydeo
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkg_1993 View Post
Is there any App that can allow to edit the Message Center Number for SMS? I tried *#*#4636#*#* trick to update the number but my I could not "+" to the number. Even when I enter +13123149810, it gets changed to 13123149810. The only way I could change the number is by overwriting the file com.android.mms_preferences.xml (with + in the number). The problem with this approach is that any time I restart the phone, this file gets overwritten by default and I have to again copy the number.

I am on GB. I had the same problem on Froyo also.

Any help would be appreciated.
Just go to your carrier and get a new sim. It will fix the issue.
The Following User Says Thank You to crazydeo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tkg_1993
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydeo View Post
Just go to your carrier and get a new sim. It will fix the issue.
Thanks a lot. I changed my SIM card and do not have this issue anymore.