Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,319 Members 52,504 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

AGPS Patch LG Optimus One 3.1 & 2.2 | GET BACK TO RAPID GPS LOCK & MORE SATS

Tip us?

crypted
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 4,122

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by richua View Post
Thanks for this great patch.

arcee from the CM team has written that the Tegra GPS driver in the LG O2x/G2x looks for SUPL_CERT in gps.conf, not SUPL_TLS_CERT. Is this something you or your testers can confirm?

I manually switched it over and get locks about a minute faster.
I'll see about that. Are you saying this is for all ROM's or just CM's ROM and how its driver handles SUPL? One would assume that if it were just CM, I could add the extra variable to the patch for LG specifics. But I do find it odd, the LG stock ROM used the TLS in the gps.conf I retrieved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXDee View Post
Where does your xtra.bin come from?
I downloaded it and the hashes are different, so i assume you're not just mirroring the files?
T'is a secret I will never tell!!! If you review the start of some of my threads, I was accused of sorcery, witchcraft, magic, and being a lying scoundrel. Further, it was laid out that I wasn't worth anything to the development community. That part may have been right.

richua
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypted View Post
I'll see about that. Are you saying this is for all ROM's or just CM's ROM and how its driver handles SUPL? One would assume that if it were just CM, I could add the extra variable to the patch for LG specifics. But I do find it odd, the LG stock ROM used the TLS in the gps.conf I retrieved.
This was anecdotal information put out by the owner of the CM KANG that I'm running so I'm not too sure. He works closely with arcee on a variety of issues. I would venture a guess that it is specific to CM on LG devices but it is the first time I've seen that in any gps.conf file. For now I wouldn't worry about it. I'm using the stock SUPL_TLS_CERT variable and it works fine.

crypted
Old
Thanks Meter 4,122

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by richua View Post
This was anecdotal information put out by the owner of the CM KANG that I'm running so I'm not too sure. He works closely with arcee on a variety of issues. I would venture a guess that it is specific to CM on LG devices but it is the first time I've seen that in any gps.conf file. For now I wouldn't worry about it. I'm using the stock SUPL_TLS_CERT variable and it works fine.
Thanks for the follow-up. Let me know if it ever comes evident that the variable has become useful on other ROMs you use. It could be that a stock upgrade had changes in lib's that necessitate that variable be changed, but that would also mean that an upgraded stock ROM would have a new gps.conf evidencing those changes. I don't know when the gps.conf I received from stock was made relative to any upgrades.

ashishsaggu
Old
Thanks Meter 4
how do i use this in mik's cm 6.5.8, plz help and which patch shuld i use??

crypted
Old
Thanks Meter 4,122

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishsaggu View Post
how do i use this in mik's cm 6.5.8, plz help and which patch shuld i use??
Read the first two parts of the Notes Section.

ashishsaggu
Old
Thanks Meter 4
i did.. but none of the methods seem to work for me...

crypted
Old
Thanks Meter 4,122

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishsaggu View Post
i did.. but none of the methods seem to work for me...
What doesn't seem to work? They fail to copy files? Or, you fail to receive satellite signal? Please paint the picture for us so that someone can try to assist you.
The Following User Says Thank You to crypted For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ashishsaggu
Old
Thanks Meter 4
1st and 2nd method... cudnt get the files to copy... both sed fail!! but nw the recovery one worked and i copied the google specifed patch via cwr. will try gps nw.. thnks

Garuxa
Old
Thanks Meter 215
@crypted your patch (I tried Google Specific 3.0) works great on Oxygen, in just 3 to 5 seconds I detected about 8 to 12 satellites

Great job!
Motorola Moto X
Just Stock non Rooted [KK 4.4.4]

=============================================

Previous Androids: Samsung Galaxy 5 GT-I5500L (Sold) - LG Optimus One P500 (Sold) - Motorola Defy MB525 (Bayer Module) (I lent it to my girlfriend) - Samsung Galaxy S II GT-I9100 (I gave it to my father)

Don't like my reply? READ THIS! Or shut up and WATCH AND LISTEN CAREFULLY THIS!

nd4spdbh
Old
Thanks Meter 75
crypted, thanks for your time and effort with this patch seems like it works well for most.

Earlier it obviously didn't work for me... no lock or lock way off (2.0) with 2.2 and 3.0 it works much better, BUT it takes some time for the first initial lock... im talking it will never lock on, you have to turn off gps, then turn it back on and relaunch app. i tried both LG specific and Tmobile specific (im on tmobile usa network) of both 2.2 and 3.0 and they both did the same thing... and on occasion would lock on way off in the same spot 2.0 would (somewhere in nevada... im in southern california)

Thinking it might be my rom i went back and grabbed the gps.conf from the ORIGINAL from the factory tmobile / lg rom that i had a backup of (there was no suplrootcert). I deleted your suplrootcert and gps.conf... put the original factory gps.conf in place changed permissions, rebooted. I let the phone start up. turned on gps, started maps... boom almost instant lock, no need to turn gps off turn back on and restart maps. so it looks as if im sticking with this gps.conf from the original rom. I attached it, maybe theres something in there you can use
Attached Files
File Type: zip gps-conf-FACTORY_TMOBILE_android-2.2.2.zip - [Click for QR Code] (677 Bytes, 14 views)

Tags
agps, gps, location, lock, maps