5,596,179 Members 34,091 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Recovery] Official CWM Recovery 5.0.2.6

Tip us?

stockwell
Old
(Last edited by stockwell; 30th October 2011 at 04:55 PM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 597

DONATE TO ME
Default [Recovery] Official CWM Recovery 5.0.2.6

I take no responsibility for any harm that comes to your phone as a result of applying this mod.

Official Clockwork Mod Recovery 5.0.2.6

Note that ROM manager support isn't currently complete. ROM downloads etc should all be working fine, but it needs to be updated to properly flash the recovery. At the moment it uses a method called fakeflash which will load the latest recovery from within whatever recovery you have installed. All other aspects are working fine though.

Download:
Installation Instructions (upgrading - root explorer method):
  • Using any file explorer which is able to remount as writeable (such as root explorer), browse to the /cust_backup directory and remount it as writeable
  • Navigate to the image directory and backup up the current recovery by renaming it to something like recovery.bak, or _recovery.img
  • Rename the downloaded recovery to recovery.img and copy to the image directory.

Installation Instructions (new install):
  • Unplug any usb connection and turn the phone completely off
  • Whilst holding both the volume + and volume - keys hold the power button to turn the device on. Let go when you see a pink/purple screen.
  • Attach the usb cable to your computer and wait until a few usb mass storage devices are detected and mounted. Look for one that has just one directory called 'image' in it. Navigate into this directory and you'll see recovery.img etc.
  • (optional) Rename recovery.img to recovery_backup.img
  • copy the new recovery.img to image, unmount the mass storage device (safely remove in windows) and then pull the battery out to turn the phone off.
  • Hold volume + and power to boot to recovery.
  • Install any custom rom
  • Install rom manager and update to latest recovery

Source:
https://github.com/stockwell/android...e_huawei_u8800
The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to stockwell For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

NForce25
Old
Thanks Meter 48
That's cool! Is it still possible to boot it with stock kernel, or you did modifications to recovery_kernel?

Özgürce
Old
Thanks Meter 144

DONATE TO ME
You can't flash the boot images with cwm i thibk. Download and add this recovery img in /cust_backup/image folder its done.

And thanks stockwell. Haptic now work in recovery mode. Blue text version is much better than yellow

- U8800
Don't depend too much on anyone in this world. Because even your shadow leaves you when you're in darkness!
Twitter @ Ozgurce l Facebook @ Ozgurce

daledale11
Old
Thanks Meter 2
blue text:) i like it.
thanks stockwell

Druida69
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwell View Post
[B][COLOR="Red"][*] Instead of using /cust_backup it now uses /boot. This doesn't affect rom installations but it WILL affect backups as it won't restore the cust image. If you want to go back to one of these backups from the new recovery you can go to the backup location, rename cust.img to boot.img, and also edit nandroid.md5 so that it says boot.img instead of cust.img. The backup will then restore but just be aware that it will also revert to the recovery you had when the backup was made.
Stockwell, this is for old backups and for the ones made already with the new recovery? We still have to make these alterations everytime we want to restore?

fancyzs
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Thanks a lot . Good job.

Sent from my u8800 using XDA App

stockwell
Old
Thanks Meter 597

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Druida69 View Post
Stockwell, this is for old backups and for the ones made already with the new recovery? We still have to make these alterations everytime we want to restore?
Sorry I meant to reword that since its a little unclear. This is only for backups made with an old version of recovery. All new backups will name it boot instead of cust.
The Following User Says Thank You to stockwell For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

franciscofranco
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 80825

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwell View Post
Sorry I meant to reword that since its a little unclear. This is only for backups made with an old version of recovery. All new backups will name it boot instead of cust.
You probably need to change your anyKernel script as well to use /boot instead of /cust for the boot.img, if I did not misunderstood.

FacesIn app
Per-App Modes app
Nexus Display Control
franco.Kernel updater Free app
franco.Kernel - Galaxy Nexus
franco.Kernel - Nexus 4
franco.Kernel - Nexus 5
franco.Kernel - Nexus 7
franco.Kernel - Nexus 7 2013
franco.Kernel - Nexus 10

Google+ | Twitter | Portfolio

CruzerLite franco.Kernel case for the Nexus 4
CruzerLite franco.Kernel case for the Galaxy Nexus

You don't like my reply? Read this

However, if you put any trust in Quadrant scores you could use them to prove that dancing naked for 5 minutes in your garden affects device performance. By Chainfire

My applications translations are managed by:

The Following User Says Thank You to franciscofranco For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Druida69
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 61
Ok thank you stockwell, was just to have 200% sure
The Following User Says Thank You to Druida69 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stockwell
Old
(Last edited by stockwell; 4th October 2011 at 12:28 PM.)
Thanks Meter 597

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by NForce25 View Post
That's cool! Is it still possible to boot it with stock kernel, or you did modifications to recovery_kernel?
The recovery kernel is the kernel I use for Miui, but with the framebuffer set to 16-bit colour.

There's nothing specifically added to the kernel to make it work with the recovery other than that, but if you do manage to get it to boot on your pro then the display will be weird since its trying to output 16-bit colour to a 32-bit colour framebuffer.

It requires only a small modification to get the recovery working in 32-bit colour though, so if you do get it to boot then I can help you get it fixed up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franciscofranco View Post
You probably need to change your anyKernel script as well to use /boot instead of /cust for the boot.img, if I did not misunderstood.
Ah thanks yeah I will need to change it. I'll try and get it done now, the new version of AnyKernel should be compatible both with the new and old versions of recovery.

Edit: Modified version of AnyKernel is on my github. I haven't tried it out but it should work fine on new and old recoveries.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to stockwell For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]