Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,037 Members 52,714 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL][UV][CWM] Entropy's Daily Driver-GB, 03/07/2012 (Small Fixes))

Tip us?

buickgnx
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Is there a way to change the recovery to the touch version? tired flashing it in the cwm that came with this kernel but it dosnt change anything. im guessing the .img file would need to b decompliled?
Red5 Old
Thanks Meter
Yup, both 2/18's ran fine (although not at great as 2/15-C) then jumped over to 2/26 and my phone felt like it was only operating at 400MHz and only had 128MB of RAM total installed (slow, laggy, choppy in apps, games and in the app drawer... power button took 3-5 seconds to turn on and wake up). Just flashed back to 2/15-C and my phone is running awesomely smooth again.

Whatever it is, my phone just flat out does not like the 2/26 version.

Karashta
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red5 View Post
Yup, both 2/18's ran fine (although not at great as 2/15-C) then jumped over to 2/26 and my phone felt like it was only operating at 400MHz and only had 128MB of RAM total installed (slow, laggy, choppy in apps, games and in the app drawer... power button took 3-5 seconds to turn on and wake up). Just flashed back to 2/15-C and my phone is running awesomely smooth again.

Whatever it is, my phone just flat out does not like the 2/26 version.
I find it so weird that you have such big problems with it when I haven't had any symptom remotely like yours. I know to a certain extent all our phones are their own monster but still... way weird to me

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA App

ryude
Old
Thanks Meter 643

DONATE TO ME
I had no issues with 2/26, perhaps just a corrupted download or a bad flash.

Nizda1
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Entropy,

I just got back from a cruise, I've read for the last hour still have some catching up to do, lots going on. As far as the Ashmem issue I'f its affecting other users negatively, take it out or whatever you'd like to do. I just put 2/15 on and will work my way up. Before I left I did a full wipe and put back on 1/30 with uckh7, had no issues at all while away.
Thanks for all your hardwork, I'll be sure.to document if I have any issues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777

nyamoV2
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Im with red5 on this. No major issues with 2-20 but 2-15c runs smoother. Even with my 2d only games were noticeably laggy. Will run with 2-15c for a few days to compare
The best advice ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512
Let this be a lesson to others. Before running around and flashing stuff:

READ, READ, and READ. Do your research. If you don't understand what you are reading, continue reading and using your friend Google to search things not directly linked.

If you still don't understand what you are reading - STAY STOCK, DON'T FLASH ANYTHING.

AndAllThingsWillEnd
Old
Thanks Meter 22
I guess I'm one of the lucky ones, I haven't had any issues with any of entropy's kernels.

Entropy512
Old
(Last edited by Entropy512; 29th February 2012 at 04:13 AM.)
Senior Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 24226

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rav4kar View Post
Entropy,
We can add even XWKL1 base to bug list; in idle state, XWKL1 base drains 10%/ hour on my work wifi with AOS topping >67% with lots of wlan_rx wake locks.
Well, to confirm it's the base - please perform the diagnostics (skip right to Shark captures) in the known battery drainers thread.

I saw BT-AMP happen once on XWKL1, but it was when I was janking around with some experimental settings in the wifi driver and never again.

I'm 90% certain I ran the arpdrain test against KL1 and it was immune. Will try again later this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinji257 View Post
I believe it was 2/18b (confirm definitely 2/18b) since the kernel was actually dated 2/18. It was charging via PC USB rather than the standalone adapter. I had skipped 2/15c coming from build 1/30/12.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda premium
Hmm, if charging via PC USB, and it happens again, try to ADB in and pull /proc/last_kmsg

On other topics:
I'm going to revert that ashmem patch. I have no idea why red5 is having performance issues with it, but since it's clear that things go badly when switching between 18B and 26 that there is a delta, I'm going to go with it.

For the patches in 18A and B - I need more info because too many people skipped A.

I'll be uploading shortly.

It also contains a bunch of small recovery fixes INCLUDING swapping internal/external SD to be consistent with Android standards (and with CWM labeling)

Touch recovery is not planned at this time - It is too prone to user error.
*so much sig updating needed*

My Github profile - Some Android stuff, some AVR stuff

An excellent post on "noobs vs. developers"

A few opinions on kernel development "good practices"

Note: I have chosen not to use XDA's "friends" feature - I will reject all incoming "friend" requests.

Code:
<MikeyMike01> Smali is a spawn of hell
<shoman94> ^^^ +!
Code:
<Entropy512> gotta be careful not to step on each other's work.  :)
<Bumble-Bee> thats true
<jerdog> compeete for donations
The Following User Says Thank You to Entropy512 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shoman94
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 12184

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512 View Post

Touch recovery is not planned at this time - It is too prone to user error.
That sucks. Maybe red pill then?

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk
IRC: freenode|#shostock

Asus Transformer Prime[32gb]
CROMBi-kk-4.4.2

Asus Transformer[16gb]
KatKiss-4.4.2

Entropy512
Old
Senior Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 24226

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman94 View Post
That sucks. Maybe red pill then?

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk
I'll look into it - I think the main improvement there was removing a bunch of the "nos" in the confirmation screen, which does make sense - there are a few too many...
*so much sig updating needed*

My Github profile - Some Android stuff, some AVR stuff

An excellent post on "noobs vs. developers"

A few opinions on kernel development "good practices"

Note: I have chosen not to use XDA's "friends" feature - I will reject all incoming "friend" requests.

Code:
<MikeyMike01> Smali is a spawn of hell
<shoman94> ^^^ +!
Code:
<Entropy512> gotta be careful not to step on each other's work.  :)
<Bumble-Bee> thats true
<jerdog> compeete for donations

The Following User Says Thank You to Entropy512 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
cwm, kernel