Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,966 Members 40,891 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ComicRack

Tip us?

Drybonz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 55
Default ComicRack

Best PC comic reader software of all time now has an app in the Android market. It's a reader that syncs with the PC version. If you read digital comics you are going to want to check this out ASAP.
The Following User Says Thank You to Drybonz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

atb1o1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
Best PC comic reader software of all time now has an app in the Android market. It's a reader that syncs with the PC version. If you read digital comics you are going to want to check this out ASAP.
Tried it out yesterday. UI looks good but I don't like the way it handles folders. I prefer Komic's nested folder structure. It also takes up a lot of RAM and feels sluggish on my TF. But overall a good start and better than Perfect viewer IMO.

Drybonz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by atb1o1 View Post
I don't like the way it handles folders.
It destroys Komik. What do you mean by the way it handles folders? Are you using it with the desktop software?

atb1o1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
It destroys Komik. What do you mean by the way it handles folders? Are you using it with the desktop software?
I don't use the desktop version of ComicRack. What I mean is that ComicRack doesn't show the nested folder structure like Komik.

Just an example, on my explorer my X-Men folders are

X-Men
|_ Uncanny X-Men
__|_ Phoenix Saga
|_ House of M
__
|_Decimation

Komik will show just my X-Men folder on my "shelf" and let me drill down to the rest of the folders.

ComicRack will display all my folders in one list disregarding the nested structure. It is just my preference to keep the structure in place so it doesn't look messy and if you know how to make ComicRack behave that way I would love to know how.

Don't get me wrong, I like ComicRack. I think it does a better job displaying the comics compare to komik, plus it is only the first release. I'll be looking forward to more improvements.

satanius
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I love this program on windows, have been using it for years, but prefer Perfectviewer on my tab for the same reason as atb1o1 - it doesn't have folder view, you can browse your files only through library. I see this trend in music players and other programs like ebook readers too, and i hate it. I keep all my files well organized in folders/subfolders and that's the way i prefer to browse them. One more thing, it doesn't display some of cbz files in library at all, and they are readable in other readers and windows version.

Drybonz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 55
You can use the side bar to sort different ways and then stack in the browser. If you still can't find a sorting method that suits you go to his website and request a feature on the forum. He has been updating like crazy with new features sometimes twice a day. Also, use it with the desktop version... it's the best comic manager around.
The Following User Says Thank You to Drybonz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

guardzero
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Man this converted me. I was using komik mainly to read my hundreds of comic stored on my SD card, but after using comic rack for a day it just doesn't hold a candle. I do miss the stylized look of komik, but comic rack just works smoother and easier. Awesome find man.

Drybonz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 55
The paid version just came out with wireless sync, and he is adding network sharing with the desktop version soon, so that you will be able to access your whole PC library from the tablet.

lehoule
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Wow the scrolling is just so smooth

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda premium

gottahavit
Old
Thanks Meter 73
yeah can't stand the comic view. i have too many comics for a single list. also the paging response is too unreliable and laggy. has potential though.