THIS IS SPARTA! (BETA)
NEW Distribution policy:
This mod provided exclusively on xda-developers as downloadable jars and app, please post link to this thread instead of copying files to other resources, so users will be able to track changes and report bugs in one place.
However, I allow distribution in the rooting/sideloading packages such as MinimalTouch, Nooters, etc..., but only if credit/thanks and link to this thread are given and I'm notified.
Version (jars) 1.1-beta0
*** Jars updated to work with Nook 1.1 update
* Force landscape orientation, every app (even stock B&N apps) will be in lanscape, B&N reader still shows text with hardcoded width tho.
*** If in portrait - force to landscape, app settings cannot override behaviour
*** If in landscape - return to default portrait mode, where if app request landscape it will get it.
* 4 Side hard buttons configurable in app
* Configurable recent dialog bottom button bar with "back", "home", "menu", "search", "Force orientation change"
* New action "B&N Quicknav" on n long click
* Clear dalvik-cache button
* Fix framework permissions button
* Configurable quick nav, n button (short and long presses), reading now button actions
* Recent apps dialog
* Activity Picker
Initial release with external recent apps dialog (NookTouchHomeButton app obsolete now.)
* Fix issues if any
* TBD Add eInk refresh rate, etc.
* Device should be ROOTED
* Jars 1.1b0 are based on 1.1
* Jars 1.0b2 are based on 1.0.1 (but should work on 1.0.0)
* Download jars.zip, unpack
* Backup originals from /system/framework/android.policy.jar and /system/framework/services.jar (consider to backup full device)
* Copy into /media or /sdcard in your nook if you not planning to use adb
* Remount /system to read-write using one of the following:
*** adb: adb shell mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mmcblk0p5 /system
*** remount program from market
*** Total Commander click on right most icon in bottom bar, click on + icon that appears on expanded bar, select internal command, click on >> button and select icon with 'rw', click OK/Apply, Navigate to /system in left panel and click 'rw' icon.
* copy downloaded android.policy.jar to the /system/framework using:
*** adb push android.policy.jar /system/framework/
*** adb push services.jar /system/framework/
*** Total Commander - select /system/framework/ in one panel and /media or /sdcard in other (click -> -> -> overlay to change panels), select android.policy.jar and services.jar by clicking on it's icons and copy (to system, not from of course) by clicking second icon (from left) in bottom most bar
* REBOOT Nook Simple Touch
* Install app
* Click fix permissions button
* Click clear dalvik cache button (Nook will reboot on success)
* Unlock after reboot and verify by:
*** Long-press n button - this should bring recent menu
*** Application NookTouchTools should have unlocked Configuration button
P.S.S. Developers interesting in process of patching are welcome to pm (I plan to open source patches/code, but no time right now).
JesusFreke - for smali/baksmali
Cyanogenmod team - for the warning text