Cell Standby percentage

Search This thread

VFO

Jan 19, 2011
FN43
Curious what everyone else has listed as cell standby percentage listed in battery usage. I just happened to look and mine is listed as 100% without signal even though I have had signal all along. I wonder if this could be a bug like the 50% without signal I experienced with my cappy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda premium

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
Mine is 21%, Android OS at 59%. Signal is constant yellow, which is odd since it was in decent signal much of that time.

VFO

Jan 19, 2011
FN43
Well that is weird, mine is reading 100%. I wonder what is going on.

VFO

Jan 19, 2011
FN43
OK me thinks maybe I wasn't clear in the OP. What I am talking about is when you bring up Battery Usage and then click on Cell Standby it then brings you to the break down of the Cell Standby. There you will see Time On as well as Time Without a Signal. In my case the Time Without a Signal is reading 100%. What is everyone elses reading?

mawells787

Feb 27, 2011
New York
To the OP, I was just about to make a thread on this because I knew I couldn't be the only one with this problem. I've had this bug since day one, it always says 100% no cell service.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using XDA App

KayvinM

Feb 20, 2011
I'm not sure if it's the same thing but in the international version it's a display bug and for some reason if you go into settings--about phone---status, the % starts to drop.

omgabunny

May 31, 2011
savannah
Oh wow. I haven't even looked at this until I saw this thread. My cell standby says 3% but it says I've gone without signal for 96%. And I've been in coverage for most of the day

VFO

Jan 19, 2011
FN43
I'm not sure if it's the same thing but in the international version it's a display bug and for some reason if you go into settings--about phone---status, the % starts to drop.

I think its the same thing with this phone. I did what you said with going into settings /status and now my percentage is dropping.

marnel47

Aug 29, 2007
Hagerstown, MD
First 4 days there was no sight of this on my device, this morning after installing google voice i've noticed mine now says 100%. Out of curiosity do the rest of you with this discrepancy have google voice installed?

VFO

Jan 19, 2011
FN43
It seems to be a known bug with the GS2. There are threads discussing it in the I9100 forums. Ever since I went into About Phone/Status my time without signal percentage has stayed St 0%. I guess it's kind of like the 50% bug with the GalaxyS1.

dandrumheller

Jul 10, 2010
Southern Maine / Seacoast NH
Checked my wife's SGSII tonight when she got home from work. Reported cell standby as 6% of battery use, and 0% time without signal. She has Google Voice installed as well.

A couple of maybe related items:

a) When we brought both devices home, hers connected to our MicroCell with no problems. Mine would not connect at all, until I did a sim swap with her device. After swapping back to our original sims, both connect to the MicroCell.

b) with very similar time off the charger today (me at 10 hours, her at almost 12) and similar screen on times (me: 1hr 27 min, her 1hr 11min) she had 60% battery remaining, I had 33%. I am running some additional apps, and used google nav for about 6 minutes. She was in wifi coverage all day (except while commuting) I had no wifi all day. Not sure if the battery burn difference is justified by those differences or not - or if they are possibly somewhat related to the 0 vs 100 time without signal indication (I was only showing 7% battery drain from the cell standby).

eddies92

Oct 8, 2011
I too have the 100% "bug" I also read in the i900 threads that once we go to:
settings>about phone>status the "time without signal" percentage will begin to drop. I can confirm it. It's at 98% for me now. I seem to have pretty good battery life. About 16 hours on a single charge. I think its just a bug but makes me wonder if my battery life would last twice as long with "time without signal at 0%" I do not have google voice and all the apps and widgets I have that can be configured are set to sync manually (with the exception of the google apps) (auto sync is on).